Threads
Reaction score
Vehicles
2017 Ford Flex Limited
Occupation
Retired Navy
Country flag
@timbop

Yet when I look at pictures of the interior of the Mach-E, they look NOTHING like the seats in my Flex. But the guy at the dealership assured me that they are the bigger seats from the Flex.

Guess I will have to wait for my dealership in Sydney Nova Scotia to get their 2 cars in that they have ordered. Then sit my wide arse into the seat and actually see if it is the same chair or not.

My issue is that the car my be difficult to get in and out off. I'm only 5'9" tall, but I would be what's considered a "wide body" if I were a jet.
Sponsored

Mopey

First Name
John
Threads
Reaction score
Vehicles
21 MME GTPE, 22 Lightning Lariat
Country flag
So the Mach E headlights will be like the "Bat Signal", only with a horse. ?

buzznwood

Threads
Reaction score
Vehicles
focus st & GTPE
Country flag
@timbop

Yet when I look at pictures of the interior of the Mach-E, they look NOTHING like the seats in my Flex. But the guy at the dealership assured me that they are the bigger seats from the Flex.

Guess I will have to wait for my dealership in Sydney Nova Scotia to get their 2 cars in that they have ordered. Then sit my wide arse into the seat and actually see if it is the same chair or not.

My issue is that the car my be difficult to get in and out off. I'm only 5'9" tall, but I would be what's considered a "wide body" if I were a jet.
Until there are parts online we will never know where the seats are from, but the mach-e started out as a c-max replacement and at a guess even though it is custom platform it was probably bundled in under the c2 development. Apart from the screen layout the whole interior screams c2 parts to me (which is no bad thing), the seats look more in common with c2 escape / focus.

Until we get to see a final production version the pre-production models could have bits from anywhere, but next time you are at a ford dealer go sit in the new escape and see how you fit as it probably won't be a million miles away from the mach-e.

1pt21Gigawatts

First Name
David
Threads
Reaction score
Vehicles
2012 Toyota Camry
Occupation
Architect
Country flag
Until there are parts online we will never know where the seats are from, but the mach-e started out as a c-max replacement and at a guess even though it is custom platform it was probably bundled in under the c2 development. Apart from the screen layout the whole interior screams c2 parts to me (which is no bad thing), the seats look more in common with c2 escape / focus.

Until we get to see a final production version the pre-production models could have bits from anywhere, but next time you are at a ford dealer go sit in the new escape and see how you fit as it probably won't be a million miles away from the mach-e.
Yeah no seats are unique. You can see it clearly in the images.

GoGoGadgetMachE

First Name
Michael
Threads
Reaction score
Vehicles
2021 Mach-E 1st Ed., 2022 Lightning Platinum
Occupation
Professional forum cheerleader and fanboy
Country flag
I wonder if the Mach-E will have the puddle lights like the coupe. I love the puddle lights.

Shihear

First Name
Shihear
Threads
Reaction score
Vehicles
GT350
Country flag
I had a reservation for the ID.3 first edition (58kwh Battery) in Switzerland, In Switzerland you can only have the first edition "Max" version for 54'000 CHF (55'600 USD) ! That is far away of the price they first told. Sure it has more features than the base "first edition", but the car still is a hard plastic dessert.
Now i have a MachE reservation for less (53'100 CHF; 54'600 USD), sure no HUD, but who cares. interior for sure will be better!
Good thing you switched from the ID.3 since it's being reported that VW is struggling with massive software issues for it.

SnBGC

First Name
Greg
Threads
Reaction score
Vehicles
2021 Mach-E FE, 2021 Wrangler 4xe High Altitude
Occupation
Manager
Country flag
Might have missed the photo or mention since I am viewing this thread on my phone but....

Do we know what the speedometer actually looks like? I am hoping it isnt just a simple digital numerical display. Is there a traditional gauge representation?

ChasingCoral

First Name
Mark
Threads
Reaction score
Vehicles
GB E4X FE, Leaf, Tacoma, F-150 Lightning ordered
Occupation
Retired oceanographer
Country flag
It's multi-function and customizable.
Ford Mustang Mach-E My hands-on impressions of the Mach-E instrument cluster

SnBGC

First Name
Greg
Threads
Reaction score
Vehicles
2021 Mach-E FE, 2021 Wrangler 4xe High Altitude
Occupation
Manager
Country flag
Love it! Thanks. I was actually a bit worried about what it looked like. Sounds weird to be concerned about something like that but I am glad it is customizable.

timbop

First Name
Tim
Threads
Reaction score
Vehicles
Solar powered 2021 MME ER RWD & 2022 Corsair PHEV
Occupation
Software Engineer
Country flag
Love it! Thanks. I was actually a bit worried about what it looked like. Sounds weird to be concerned about something like that but I am glad it is customizable.
I expect it to be SEMI-customizable: you'll be able to choose among predefined options only. I don't think they'll allow you a freeform layout, although that would be pretty cool. Even if they did, you would still have to choose among predefined widgets
Sponsored