Todd
Threads
Reaction score
Vehicles
'21 Audi SQ5 / '23 Rivian R1T / '23 M3P
Occupation
CISO
Country flag
Although if you drove it "perfectly" in the city, you'd piss off everyone else for a..c...c...e...l..e..r...a...t..i...n....g sooooooooooooooooo sllllllllloooooooowwwwwwwwllllyyyyy...
That's probably better than pissing off the cops for accelerating too quickly... Got whoop-whoop'd at today from one going the other direction.

It was a Sheriff and in California they don't do traffic enforcement, nor do they have the technology to know my speed, but when everyone else is still in the intersection while you're 200 yards down the road I guess they assume.
Sponsored

Last edited:

GoGoGadgetMachE

First Name
Michael
Threads
Reaction score
Vehicles
2021 Mach-E 1st Ed., 2022 Lightning Platinum
Occupation
Professional forum cheerleader and fanboy
Country flag
That's probably better than pissing off the cops for accelerating too quickly... Got whoop-whoop'd at today from one going the other direction.
more proof you're driving a Mustang like it should be driven ??

RedStallion

Banned
Banned
Threads
Reaction score
Vehicles
Mach-E, et al
Country flag

It was a Sheriff and in California they don't do traffic enforcement, nor do they have the technology to know my speed, but when everyone else is still in the intersection while you're 200 yards down the road I guess they assume.
I think they were impressed and wanted to ask you questions about your car.

mcfalljames

First Name
James
Threads
Reaction score
Vehicles
Mustang Mach E 4 X
Country flag
Thanks to the OP for the review and additional posts, and to everyone who's chimed in...lots of good info here!

Since the discussion seems pretty broad at this point I'm hoping someone can answer a couple of questions I've had for a while but have never come across any posts addressing them:

1) Does either BC and/or the emergency braking feature take into account the vehicle coming up behind you? In a hard braking situation my eyes are rapidly darting between the windshield and the rear view mirror while I try to stop just hard enough not to rear end the car in front while trying to determine if I need to also take evasive action to keep from getting rear ended myself. Does the braking feature care about the car behind me? This one thing alone would keep me from ever "really" trusting BC.

2) I have the AWD ER and I'm wondering if the driving modes inherently change the efficiency of the car? In other words, in an ideal world with exactly the same conditions and driving exactly the same, is Unbridled mode somehow inherently less efficient than Whisper mode?

generaltso

Threads
Reaction score
Vehicles
2021 MME Premium AWD SR Infinite Blue
Country flag
Thanks to the OP for the review and additional posts, and to everyone who's chimed in...lots of good info here!

Since the discussion seems pretty broad at this point I'm hoping someone can answer a couple of questions I've had for a while but have never come across any posts addressing them:

1) Does either BC and/or the emergency braking feature take into account the vehicle coming up behind you? In a hard braking situation my eyes are rapidly darting between the windshield and the rear view mirror while I try to stop just hard enough not to rear end the car in front while trying to determine if I need to also take evasive action to keep from getting rear ended myself. Does the braking feature care about the car behind me? This one thing alone would keep me from ever "really" trusting BC.

2) I have the AWD ER and I'm wondering if the driving modes inherently change the efficiency of the car? In other words, in an ideal world with exactly the same conditions and driving exactly the same, is Unbridled mode somehow inherently less efficient than Whisper mode?
1) No
2) No

ncaadam

Threads
Reaction score
Vehicles
Mustang Mach-E Premium Ext AWD
Country flag
Based on some trusted sources (by that I mean, I trust their knowledge) here on the forum, it is my understanding that drive mode and / or OPD do not change the efficiency of the car, including regen. They also still provide the same power and output to the motor(s).

I believe for has stated this either in the manual or more informally.

There is a thread of data capturing an AWD in different conditions. Biggest takeaway for me was that the car basically drives in RWD mode unless the pedal is past 25-30%. It then activated the front motor and efficiency drops for obvious reasons.

I would assume there are other conditions (traction control) where the front motor activates.

EDIT: here is the thread
https://www.macheforum.com/site/threads/driving-dynamics-and-charging-data-files.8473/

Last edited:
OP
OP
DevSecOps

DevSecOps

First Name
Todd
Threads
Reaction score
Vehicles
'21 Audi SQ5 / '23 Rivian R1T / '23 M3P
Occupation
CISO
Country flag
Biggest takeaway for me was that the car basically drives in RWD mode unless the pedal is past 25-30%. It then activated the front motor and efficiency drops for obvious reasons.
This would explain the lack of stability I'm getting around corners. It rights itself quickly, but I don't like it one bit. I hope they can change that OTA in the future.
Sponsored