Lb8403

First Name
Lee
Threads
Reaction score
Vehicles
2022 MME Premium EXT AWD
Country flag
It has a small built-in battery that will power the cameras when it senses an impact. I guess I should wait for mine to go to sleep then kick a tire hard to see if it starts recording. 🤔🐩
Did you (or anyone else) ever get to test this/sentry mode?

markboris

First Name
Mark
Threads
Reaction score
Vehicles
_______ '20 Shelby GT500 FPB '21 Mach-E GTPE IS
Occupation
Retired
Country flag

Lb8403

First Name
Lee
Threads
Reaction score
Vehicles
2022 MME Premium EXT AWD
Country flag
Yes, at the BCM fuse box.
@markboris
Do you recall if you had to switch out the fuse taps for micro2/3? If so, my plan is to buy the Volvo one because it comes with micro2 fuse taps.

I think one of the other members @JohnFoxeSheets on this post mentioned they had to?

Finally, I’m relaying this info gathered here to the FitCam rep in hopes they can reflect the changes on their end for future customers

Ford Mustang Mach-E My Journey with FITCAMX (Dash Cam with OEM look) 1671979093634

Finally, I’m relaying this info gathered here to the FitCam rep in hopes they can reflect the changes on their end for future customers

markboris

First Name
Mark
Threads
Reaction score
Vehicles
Occupation
Retired
Country flag
@markboris
Do you recall if you had to switch out the fuse taps for micro2/3? If so, my plan is to buy the Volvo one because it comes with micro2 fuse taps.

I think one of the other members @JohnFoxeSheets on this post mentioned they had to?
Lee, I'm confused on exactly what you are asking. In both my car and John's, I used a micro 3 fuse tap in location 1-2 for 12V ACC. I used a micro 2 fuse tap in location 24 for the 12V constant power. This is the fuse box below the BCM in the front passenger footwell. Just took a quick photo for you.

Ford Mustang Mach-E My Journey with FITCAMX (Dash Cam with OEM look) IMG_4117

Micro 3 (top) Micro 2 (bottom) fuse taps.

Ford Mustang Mach-E My Journey with FITCAMX (Dash Cam with OEM look) IMG_4118

Last edited:

HuntingPudel

First Name
Steve
Threads
Reaction score
Vehicles
2021 MME GT-PE, 1979 Fire-Am, 1972 K/5 Blazer
Occupation
Engineering
Country flag
I originally thought athat one of the Micro-2 fuses was switched, going by its name. It apparently wasn't. So to concur with Mark, I used one Micro-2 fuse tap and one Micro-3 fuse tap. The Micro-3 simply tells the camera when it can turn on and off. The Micro-2 actually supplies the power to the camera when it's on. You can accomplish the same thing in an uglier way by using a Micro-2 tap and a cigarette lighter plug since the lighter socket is switched. 🤷‍♂️🐩

Lb8403

First Name
Lee
Threads
Reaction score
Vehicles
2022 MME Premium EXT AWD
Country flag
Lee, I'm confused on exactly what you are asking. In both my car and John's, I used a micro 3 fuse tap in location 1-2 for 12V ACC. I used a micro 2 fuse tap in location 24 for the 12V constant power. This is the fuse box below the BCM in the front passenger footwell. Just took a quick photo for you.

Micro 3 (top) Micro 2 (bottom) fuse taps.

Thanks Mark!
Sorry for the confusin the “universal” fitcamX fuse box cable kit comes with “Mini” type fuses.

Ford Mustang Mach-E My Journey with FITCAMX (Dash Cam with OEM look) 1671995477959

https://fitcamx.com/products/fuse-box-cable-kit-for-fitcamx

Lb8403

First Name
Lee
Threads
Reaction score
Vehicles
2022 MME Premium EXT AWD
Country flag
I originally thought athat one of the Micro-2 fuses was switched, going by its name. It apparently wasn't. So to concur with Mark, I used one Micro-2 fuse tap and one Micro-3 fuse tap. The Micro-3 simply tells the camera when it can turn on and off. The Micro-2 actually supplies the power to the camera when it's on. You can accomplish the same thing in an uglier way by using a Micro-2 tap and a cigarette lighter plug since the lighter socket is switched. 🤷‍♂️🐩
Awesome! Thanks for the clarification!

Also, did you ever get to test sentry mode?

JohnFoxeSheets

First Name
John
Threads
Reaction score
Website
johnfoxesheets.com
Vehicles
2022 Iced Blue Silver Mach E GT
Occupation
Retired Engineer
Country flag
Awesome! Thanks for the clarification!

Also, did you ever get to test sentry mode?
There is no sentry mode like what Tesla has. What it does have is collision detection - both while driving and when parked. It will record the event (I believe it starts recording immediately following the detected event, but obviously I’ve not tested it!) and save the files in a locked area such that they’ll not be included in the rolling deletion of files when the SD card is full.

HuntingPudel

First Name
Steve
Threads
Reaction score
Vehicles
2021 MME GT-PE, 1979 Fire-Am, 1972 K/5 Blazer
Occupation
Engineering
Country flag
There is no sentry mode like what Tesla has. What it does have is collision detection - both while driving and when parked. It will record the event (I believe it starts recording immediately following the detected event, but obviously I’ve not tested it!) and save the files in a locked area such that they’ll not be included in the rolling deletion of files when the SD card is full.
This is correct. It's a collision detection mode. I have not tried beating on my car until I activate it. 😱🐩

NikNad10

Threads
Reaction score
Vehicles
Mustang Mach E
Country flag
Question about the clips in the overhead console. If one breaks, is there a specific one you found at an auto part store? Or Amazon? I know I can go to the dealer and get one ordered, curious about third party.

markboris

First Name
Mark
Threads
Reaction score
Vehicles
Occupation
Retired
Country flag
Question about the clips in the overhead console. If one breaks, is there a specific one you found at an auto part store? Or Amazon? I know I can go to the dealer and get one ordered, curious about third party.
I haven't had that overhead console out for a few months and don't remember if all the clips are the same in there or if some are different from each other. If you are in need of one, please post a photo of the clip. I have quite a few of all the different ones used in the car and can send you one or more if you have broken or lost some.

Lb8403

First Name
Lee
Threads
Reaction score
Vehicles
2022 MME Premium EXT AWD
Country flag
Read through all the comments and want to thank everyone for the hard lessons learned and sharing them with us here. Will definitely be taking them forward when I get mine installed, especially the sentry fuse box install.

Sharing recent review of the FitCam to include photos 1) new App in store that apparently fixes a recording in 4K issue that some customers may have noticed 2) recording stats on 256GB expansion.

Hope it helps

Ford Mustang Mach-E My Journey with FITCAMX (Dash Cam with OEM look) 1671995477959

FitCamX Review - YouTube. 16:24 (1/2 that at 2x 😬)
Better video of install. Shows routing through panels and fuse box wiring

IceIceBaby

First Name
William
Threads
Reaction score
Vehicles
2022 Mustang Mach E, ExtR, AWD, Ice White ed.
Occupation
Sailor
Country flag
Just finished my install; front cam only. The clip mounts themselves (not the removable clips) were poorly cut on my unit. They actually sent me a video of a guy cutting them down to size. So it seems they have a few quality assurance issues to work through as I also have the right-side head liner gap. I’ll be borrowing a heat gun and try not to make it worse. I have zero experience so if anyone could make a simple little video of where to heat and where to apply pressure, that would be fantastic.
The app was pretty basic… I’m not looking for bells and whistles, just a clean installation and a decent video if I’m ever in an accident. This seems to fit the bill.

Official clip mount fix video

Lb8403

First Name
Lee
Threads
Reaction score
Vehicles
2022 MME Premium EXT AWD
Country flag
Just finished my install; front cam only. The clip mounts themselves (not the removable clips) were poorly cut on my unit. They actually sent me a video of a guy cutting them down to size. So it seems they have a few quality assurance issues to work through as I also have the right-side head liner gap. I’ll be borrowing a heat gun and try not to make it worse. I have zero experience so if anyone could make a simple little video of where to heat and where to apply pressure, that would be fantastic.
The app was pretty basic… I’m not looking for bells and whistles, just a clean installation and a decent video if I’m ever in an accident. This seems to fit the bill.

Official clip mount fix video

@markboris -Can you assist with heat gun you did for yours?

Also check out https://www.macheforum.com/site/threads/installed-a-fitcamx-dash-cam-in-our-2023-premium.25135/
Sponsored