Valkyrja

Threads
Reaction score
Vehicles
2021 Mach-e GTPE, Star White
Occupation
I hack things
Country flag
Edit: got it. I just removed the whole sensor and it easily popped out.

I have this and am having problems with the rain sensor. I cannot get it to disconnect. I tried wiggling it and I tried finding a release and nothing has worked. I did not the small home and it looks like it may latch a bit but using a small screwdriver to press that in and oil did not work either.

Help please?
Sponsored

Last edited:

Cyan09

First Name
Ryan
Threads
Reaction score
Vehicles
23 Mach E CR1
Occupation
Architect
Country flag
I'm trying to hardwire my fitcamx to the fuse box, with a CA R1 my understanding is that the fuse #3 for the "Extended power module" is not used? I found a youtube video where they used fuse 3 for ACC power and 13 for Battery. Fuse 3 is only used for GT models? I do have the extended range battery but I am understanding that is not what this means or is for.

san

Threads
Reaction score
Vehicles
2022 Mach-E GT; 2023 Mach-E Premium
Country flag
So today I took my SD card out to check it and discovered it hadnā€™t recorded anything since December because it filled up and wasnā€™t overwriting old videos. Seems to be a common problem from googling other forums and that requesting a firmware update fixes it. Otherwise you have to reformat your SD card every time it fills up. Has anyone here has this issue?

OP
OP
generaltso

generaltso

Threads
Reaction score
Vehicles
2021 MME Premium AWD SR Infinite Blue
Country flag
So today I took my SD card out to check it and discovered it hadnā€™t recorded anything since December because it filled up and wasnā€™t overwriting old videos. Seems to be a common problem from googling other forums and that requesting a firmware update fixes it. Otherwise you have to reformat your SD card every time it fills up. Has anyone here has this issue?
I haven't had that issue, but I also updated the firmware shortly after I got it. Sounds like you'll probably want to do the same.

san

Threads
Reaction score
Vehicles
2022 Mach-E GT; 2023 Mach-E Premium
Country flag
I haven't had that issue, but I also updated the firmware shortly after I got it. Sounds like you'll probably want to do the same.
Last night they emailed me new firmware that I loaded into the camera. Itā€™s was on version TY670SLA307A..20220816 and now itā€™s on version TY670SLA307A..20221112. So hopefully this fixes the problem. The camera is really useless if it fills up the SD then stops recording altogether.

HuntingPudel

First Name
Steve
Threads
Reaction score
Vehicles
2021 MME GT-PE, 1979 Fire-Am, 1972 K/5 Blazer
Occupation
Engineering
Country flag
I had that (and other) issue. A firmware update did indeed correct the non-overwriting issue. It didnā€™t correct the gaps of several minutes between files and super-small files. The SD card was bunk (less than 20KB/s transfer rate), so purchasing a new one fixed that. šŸ¤¦ā€ā™‚ļøšŸ©

Reactions: san

Jeff-NoVA

First Name
Jeff
Threads
Reaction score
Vehicles
2022 Mustang Mach-E Premium
Country flag
Anyone experience rattling from the FitcamX? Iā€™m getting a rattling from that area and Iā€™ve pulled down the assembly and fiddled with the wires and made sure the pins were not overly loose but itā€™s still happening. Suggestions?

OP
OP
generaltso

generaltso

Threads
Reaction score
Vehicles
Country flag
Anyone experience rattling from the FitcamX? Iā€™m getting a rattling from that area and Iā€™ve pulled down the assembly and fiddled with the wires and made sure the pins were not overly loose but itā€™s still happening. Suggestions?
Maybe one of the clips isn't fully engaged? You have to push pretty hard to get them all to lock in fully. Do you get the same rattle with the OEM cover installed?

Jeff-NoVA

First Name
Jeff
Threads
Reaction score
Vehicles
Country flag
Maybe one of the clips isn't fully engaged? You have to push pretty hard to get them all to lock in fully. Do you get the same rattle with the OEM cover installed?
Thatā€™s my next step - removing the camera and just reinstalling the OEM cover. Iā€™ve eliminated my toll pass as a potential source of the rattle.

Jeff-NoVA

First Name
Jeff
Threads
Reaction score
Vehicles
Country flag
Update, fully removed the FitcamX and put the OEM trim piece back in place. Rattle is gone. Prior to doing this, I removed the FitcamX and shook it to see what, if anything was rattling. I put small piece of tape behind each of the trim tabs to make sure they didn't rattle (though I realize once they are snapped into place they shouldn't be moving), and I even noticed the little power and camera button on the bottom rattled slightly, so I taped those down. Nothing on the FitcamX assembly rattled when I shook it, but the rattle was still present when driving.

I am likely going to sell the FitcamX and install a Viofo VS1 (I have hardwired Viofo cameras into every other vehicle I've owned in the past several years). I am looking forward to having GPS and parking mode, too. I will miss the integrated look but honestly as the tiny Viofo will be installed behind my mirror, I will just forget it's there.

anonymous

Threads
Reaction score
Vehicles
2023 Mustang Mach-E Premium
Hello all,
I've been having a tough time trying to remove the OEM cable/clip from the rain sensor. No matter how hard I push down on the notch and tug on the clip, it's just not budging. Any suggestions or tips with the FitcamX install would be appreciated!

Last edited:
OP
OP
generaltso

generaltso

Threads
Reaction score
Vehicles
Country flag
Hello all,
I've been having a tough time trying to remove the OEM cable/clip from the rain sensor. No matter how hard I push down on the notch and tug on the clip, it's just not budging. Any suggestions or tips with the FitcamX install would be appreciated!
Try using some pliers to gently wiggle the connector out. After it's removed once, it gets a lot easier to remove again.

anonymous

Threads
Reaction score
Vehicles
2023 Mustang Mach-E Premium
Try using some pliers to gently wiggle the connector out. After it's removed once, it gets a lot easier to remove again.
Thanks. It seems like it's stuck in there pretty good; no amount of wiggling has made a difference. I'm a bit worried about using pliers in case I accidentally break it. But am I doing it correctly? I'm pressing on the red pointer in the image and attempting to pull the connector from the top. Do I even need to press on that part?

Ford Mustang Mach-E My Journey with FITCAMX (Dash Cam with OEM look) cli

OP
OP
generaltso

generaltso

Threads
Reaction score
Vehicles
Country flag
Thanks. It seems like it's stuck in there pretty good; no amount of wiggling has made a difference. I'm a bit worried about using pliers in case I accidentally break it. But am I doing it correctly? I'm pressing on the red pointer in the image and attempting to pull the connector from the top. Do I even need to press on that part?
You donā€™t have to press. It should just wiggle out.
Sponsored