mattbostonmache

First Name
Matt
Threads
Reaction score
Vehicles
Rav4
Country flag
I've had a loaner for a couple days and I wanted to write up my experiences with Ford Pass.

The car status information can be very out of date. This morning it was last updated 8 hours ago. Last night while at at DC fast charger, the information was 20 minutes out of date. This is critical while in a charging session. By the way, this is after pulling down from the top of the screen to force a refresh. It's inexcusable for the data to be more than 2-3 minutes out of date after a forced refresh.

I should be able to set the temperature for the HVAC when I'm starting the car to precondition it. And I should be able to see the current inside and outside temperatures.

The Apple watch app should be able to work independently and used as a key when the phone isn't present.

All profile and setting data in sync 4a on the Mach E should be reviewable and settable from the iPhone app. IMHO.

The app completely crashed once (in the two days I've been using it).

Phone as a key needs to be rock solid. Judging by the Mach E forums, it seems to only work about half the time.

What issues have you noticed?
Sponsored

Mirak

Threads
Reaction score
Vehicles
"Sonic" 2021 MME Grabber Blue First Edition
Country flag
I have likewise experienced the very slow / refusal to refresh, and the crashes. The other issues you list appear to be feature requests.

garfieldorlando

Threads
Reaction score
Vehicles
Mustang Mach e
Country flag
Low data refresh rate is a problem. Sometime I have to keep refreshing couple times to get data updated. I remember someone mentioned the data refresh on Tesla's app is near real time. It may consume more power but I would be willing to eat it to get near realtime refresh.

portlandg

First Name
grahame
Threads
Reaction score
Vehicles
Black RWD ER and loving it
Occupation
Cabinet maker
Country flag
There is a new update. Try that. 3.19.0

generaltso

Threads
Reaction score
Vehicles
2021 MME Premium AWD SR Infinite Blue
Country flag
The car status information can be very out of date. This morning it was last updated 8 hours ago. Last night while at at DC fast charger, the information was 20 minutes out of date. This is critical while in a charging session. By the way, this is after pulling down from the top of the screen to force a refresh.
Yeah, it's annoying to see that the data can be hours out of date. From what I can tell, pulling down to refresh just refreshes the data that your app gets from the Ford servers. But that doesn't force the car to update to the Ford servers, so it's not overly helpful.

For now, I've found that you can force the car to update with the Ford servers by issuing a command from the app. So tell the car to lock or unlock itself, then refresh the app and you should see updated data.

GoGoGadgetMachE

First Name
Michael
Threads
Reaction score
Vehicles
2021 Mach-E 1st Ed., 2022 Lightning Platinum
Occupation
Professional forum cheerleader and fanboy
Country flag
Yeah, it's annoying to see that the data can be hours out of date. From what I can tell, pulling down to refresh just refreshes the data that your app gets from the Ford servers. But that doesn't force the car to update to the Ford servers, so it's not overly helpful.

For now, I've found that you can force the car to update with the Ford servers by issuing a command from the app. So tell the car to lock or unlock itself, then refresh the app and you should see updated data.
this matches my experience as well, I think.

Except

That if you do a refresh, it does seem to talk to the car - there seems to be a bit of a race condition of sorts. I just did a "pull down to refresh" and got data from an hour ago, then waited a minute or two and "pull down" again, and it is "updated just now".

So this might be a thing that can be improved at some point.

Blue PonyE

Threads
Reaction score
Vehicles
2004 Montana, 2016 Leaf, 2021 First Edition
Country flag
I spent several minutes on a phone call with the FordPass representative last week with the same question: why doesn't the charging status update in real time? They said they would get back to me, but crickets.
The only way I could get updated information was to start the Mach E. Mine has updated since yesterday afternoon when my daughter returned home.
This would be very helpful when plugging in at a commercial charger and leaving to get a bite to eat, find a restroom, or take a stroll while charging.

PCPilot

First Name
Jim
Threads
Reaction score
Vehicles
2021 Mustang Mach E, FE
Country flag
I've had a loaner for a couple days and I wanted to write up my experiences with Ford Pass.

The car status information can be very out of date. This morning it was last updated 8 hours ago. Last night while at at DC fast charger, the information was 20 minutes out of date. This is critical while in a charging session. By the way, this is after pulling down from the top of the screen to force a refresh. It's inexcusable for the data to be more than 2-3 minutes out of date after a forced refresh.

I should be able to set the temperature for the HVAC when I'm starting the car to precondition it. And I should be able to see the current inside and outside temperatures.

The Apple watch app should be able to work independently and used as a key when the phone isn't present.

All profile and setting data in sync 4a on the Mach E should be reviewable and settable from the iPhone app. IMHO.

The app completely crashed once (in the two days I've been using it).

Phone as a key needs to be rock solid. Judging by the Mach E forums, it seems to only work about half the time.

What issues have you noticed?
It’s a good thing I just refreshed the status information. It went from updated 4 hours ago to updated 13 hours ago (???). What a complete joke.

mpshizzle

Threads
Reaction score
Vehicles
Mustang Mach E 4X
Country flag
Don't rely on when it says last updated. On my app I've noticed that the "last updated" pretty much just says the last time the car was on. I've noticed that when charging mine says whatever it wants for "last updated" but the data is up to date.

For example, in this screenshot, the battery was at 50% 8 hours ago.. it still says 8 hours, but the stats are current
Ford Mustang Mach-E My list of Ford Pass complaints Screenshot_20210407-093831_FordPass

J Duce

First Name
Jean
Threads
Reaction score
Vehicles
2017 Explorer Sport
Country flag
I am a first time EV owner and am loving my MME even with some of these FordPass or PAAK bugs. Truth be told, I never used FordPass with my Explorer nor Android Auto.

I am using both now with very limited issues except for not having instantaneous unlock every time I approach the car with PAAK.

What I would like to know from seasoned EV owners is what is the importance of the real time or near real time refresh of the app with regard to vehicle information status? I ask because it seems to be a pain point and I am not knowledgeable of why this information is useful.

BradCA

First Name
Brad
Threads
Reaction score
Vehicles
Mustang Mach-E, Lexus CT200h
Country flag
Phone as a key usually unlocks my doors. But once I am in the car, “no key detected.” Almost every time.

CHeil402

First Name
Chris
Threads
Reaction score
Vehicles
2017 Audi A4, 2021 MME
Occupation
Electrical Engineer
Country flag
As far as I can tell, there isn't a way to check the status of the car. For example, in the myAudi app for my old A4, I could see if the doors were locked, windows were up, etc. And although I can control them through the Ford Pass app, I don't believe I can see the current status of them?

Ford Mustang Mach-E My list of Ford Pass complaints Screenshot_20210407-142332_myAudi

Pcspilot

First Name
Patrick
Threads
Reaction score
Vehicles
Ford Mach-E First Edition, 2014 Toyota RAV4 EV
Occupation
Pilot
Country flag
I too want to see vehicle status, not just be able to change it!
Sponsored