My list of settings that don't stick + a few observations

agoldman

Threads
Reaction score
Vehicles
GT Cyber Orange
Country flag
Ford asked me to post here so they could document my rather long list of mostly Sync bug concerns via their Facebook site:

never mind they insisted to post on FB messenger.oh well...

Mach E Sync 4 Bugs: (all below comments are with carplay not active)

I have only one profile and no guest profile.

The following settings do not save with your profile, or as general settings within the system when restarting the car during the course of a day. In addition there is no "SAVE" button on edits to your Profile. So you are then forced to remember any temporary changes or tweaks to settings, other than your car seat memory button, when turning off the car. It's not a good way to manage your Profile. You need to be able to hit SAVE, and then the next time you start the car, your settings saved will be recalled, and not some random auto save of something that you generally can't even remember.

Items that don't stick in Profile or General Settings between driving sessions:
(note that with No profile chosen, most of the settings do stick between starting car)
But even on General and no profile, the apps lists are never the same one twice. They constantly add and drop icons for no apparent reason.

Ambient Color (with "auto change" setting turned either off or on)

Radio - The number of lines in the Radio/Sirius Favorites List. Any number above, and likely other than 3, is lost as soon as you turn off the car. I set 5 or 6 and it takes a while to appear and then when you restart, it sets back to 3. very cumbersome to manage, since the steering wheel station selector only goes through the number of lines shown there on the screen.

Sound - The sound settings of "position" (first entry in audio settings) doesn't stick between drives

Phone As A Key - (iphone 12 pro max) Doesn't work to drive the car. Once it set off the alarm after unlocking the door, and once it said can't drive because it could not detect FOB and asked for my backup password code. The phone has been set as PAAK and tied to my profile, as has been the FOB as well. Removed and retried to be sure. it does not work to drive the car without the FOB at all.

Add Apps - In the profile screen, Add Apps button comes and goes as an entry for no apparent reason, and when it does show and is pressed, it says wait while we look in the background or something similar, and never shows any apps or anything and has to be canceled. There are a couple of apps form the iphone like Pandora that seem to come and go on the profile Screen, but the list on the profile Screen changes on its own frequently and has no logic to whet is shows or doesn't. The iphone is always with me and connected fine via bluetooth.

A major functions issue, which is not so much a bug, as an unnecessary limitation that cripples the function.
The Sync 4 system will Not allow scrolling of your phones contacts, favorites, listed or recent list while driving. That one is hard to understand at all, since I have had about a dozen other cars including a Lincoln MKZ that fully allowed contact access while driving. And that car didn't even have auto pilot like this one.

Also the system will not allow scrolling of USB drive or Flash Drive sourced MP3's. It only shows the first few songs and won't allow scroll, and only works with voice searches. Makes that audio feature all but useless. This again is unheard of in dozens of prior cars.

Function suggestion. The OK button on the steering wheel could easily be used to turn the Radio on/off, or at least Mute. It has no function when playing the radio, and can be used when needed as the ok button (which is rarely the case) without conflict easily.

There are also some functions that seem to be only accessible via voice commands. Like weather. Ask for the forecast and it reads the forecast and brings up a weather app. But the weather app is nowhere to be found on the Sync 4. No button for it.

Pushing the lock symbol button on the door often has a delay, after turning off the car, before being responsive.

As as side note, I have reset, tried again and also rebooted the sync system to make sure the bugs listed still happened. There are also many reports of pretty much all I have stated above on the Mac E forums, so it isn't just a one off of my vehicle, and I assume 99% of these things could be fixed in software if they are confirmed.

oh, and a last feature request: any chance to get sirius current song lables on the channels when channel buttons are displayed? And make it easier to scroll through the channels. It currently doens't work very well, and the scroll bars on the right side of the screen should be on the drivers side also, for easier reach which would be safer and have fewer fakse touches of the screen entires. Most new car systems have this.
Sponsored

Last edited:

Rocky29670

Threads
Reaction score
Vehicles
2009 Toyota Camry Hybrid (Sold), 2013 Ford Fusion (borrowing until MME gets here), Mustang Mach E Premium ER AWD
Country flag
My seat position doesn't always pre load and I've been carrying around and using both my fob and phone, and I'm the only person to have a saved profile so far. I know I could turn off the easy exit function or whatever but I like that feature so far.

This morning when I went to kick open the trunk door it only unlocked it and I had to pull it open. I used the push button to close it rather than wait to see if the kick worked.

Mike16

First Name
Michel
Threads
Reaction score
Vehicles
Premium AWD ER Star White
Country flag
A feature I would like because I switch from 1-pedal on and off when i’m in city or long route, When the cruse control is off, the cancel/resume button is useless so would be nice if it could toggle 1-pedal driving with that!

OP
OP

agoldman

Threads
Reaction score
Vehicles
GT Cyber Orange
Country flag
The biggest gripe I have right now is that you can't scroll anything. Not phone contacts, not audio lists, etc. Crazy.

Also, the little lock symbol on the doors seems to only work sometimes, or with a really long delay, unless I touch the one on the rear door. Weird bugs like that are all over the place.
Sponsored