my2ndstang

First Name
Stephen
Threads
Reaction score
Vehicles
2021 Premium Extended AWD Mach E
Country flag
So I took a gamble. Went out and picked some up....it freaking worked. No idea what got on these, but I had tried several car cleaners/polishers and nothing changed. Lost half my Saturday once. Feeling dumb that this worked after the dealer agreed to warranty it yes, but grateful that this forum made some great suggestions.

PXL_20211022_012913085.jpg
Glad it worked!! :D

mateoao

Threads
Reaction score
Vehicles
Mach E Route 1
Country flag
Another thanks, had a similar issue. Dealer refused to warranty, check the forum, spend $10 at AutoZone and viola…all fixed

dw0095

First Name
D
Threads
Reaction score
Vehicles
MME Premium
Country flag
THANK YOU!

Just fixed my passenger rear door trim which also had this for almost a year now. Rubbing compound and polishing compound saved the day.

My guess is the touchless car wash chemicals reaction to whatever residue might have been on the plastic. Also noticed some hairline cracks in the panel too

ScottyDotCom

First Name
Scott
Threads
Reaction score
Vehicles
Mustang
Occupation
HR Tech
Country flag
Hi all! Wondering if anyone else has run into this issue. One week into ownership my panels started to do this. Only on one side. My car was the dealers owner for all of 800 miles. I park my car inside. This does not scrape away and I did try cleaners to make it come back.

As far as experience goes my original dealer said they would cover it under warranty. That being said it's been about 3 weeks and no word on part ship dates.
IMG_20211011_173552.jpg

I had gone to the dealer closer to my house and they wouldn't even look at it and told me I had to go to a body shop despite it being plastic trim. They instantly got a negative review from me.
Did your Mach-E look like this on day one? If not, any thought on what might have caused this change in appearance?
This just started happening to my car too! What ended up happening? Did you have a resolution? Thanks for any tips