(solved) My mach e door trim started falling apart

locks66

Threads
Reaction score
Vehicles
2021 Mach E GT
Country flag
Hi all! Wondering if anyone else has run into this issue. One week into ownership my panels started to do this. Only on one side. My car was the dealers owner for all of 800 miles. I park my car inside. This does not scrape away and I did try cleaners to make it come back.

As far as experience goes my original dealer said they would cover it under warranty. That being said it's been about 3 weeks and no word on part ship dates.
Ford Mustang Mach-E (solved) My mach e door trim started falling apart IMG_20211011_173552

I had gone to the dealer closer to my house and they wouldn't even look at it and told me I had to go to a body shop despite it being plastic trim. They instantly got a negative review from me.
Sponsored

BMT1071

First Name
Mike
Threads
Reaction score
Vehicles
21 MME SR RWD, 23 MME GTPE
Occupation
Regional Service Manager
Country flag
Hi all! Wondering if anyone else has run into this issue. One week into ownership my panels started to do this. Only on one side. My car was the dealers owner for all of 800 miles. I park my car inside. This does not scrape away and I did try cleaners to make it come back.

As far as experience goes my original dealer said they would cover it under warranty. That being said it's been about 3 weeks and no word on part ship dates.
Ford Mustang Mach-E (solved) My mach e door trim started falling apart IMG_20211011_173552

I had gone to the dealer closer to my house and they wouldn't even look at it and told me I had to go to a body shop despite it being plastic trim. They instantly got a negative review from me.
First I've seen that reported. Is it the same on the other side?

garfieldorlando

Threads
Reaction score
Vehicles
Mustang Mach e
Country flag
You didn't bring her to the automatic car wash right? Those white stuff looks like some kind of soup foam.

SnBGC

First Name
Greg
Threads
Reaction score
Vehicles
2021 Mach-E FE, 2021 Wrangler 4xe High Altitude
Occupation
Manager
Country flag
Hard to tell from the photo.....is the clear protective film still applied?
Should have been removed at the dealership during the prep or perhaps even the factory.

I would call those exterior "B" pillar trim covers.

buzznwood

Threads
Reaction score
Vehicles
focus st & GTPE
Country flag

Ford have used this glossy plastic trim the window pillar trim for years now, it has a habit of scratching easy to the point just looking at it wrong seems to be enough :( but these are light surface scratches and no worse than swirl marks.

This is far worse and looks more like you got some trim pieces with a manufacturing defect that should be replaced under warranty.

Davedough

First Name
Dave
Threads
Reaction score
Vehicles
Mach E GTPE , Explorer ST
Occupation
Federal IT Sales Engineer
Country flag
I have no input on the cause but maybe a temporary fix while you wait for parts and donā€™t want to look at that is get some 3M gloss black vinyl and wrap that piece

buzznwood

Threads
Reaction score
Vehicles
focus st & GTPE
Country flag
Hard to tell from the photo.....is the clear protective film still applied?
Should have been removed at the dealership during the prep or perhaps even the factory.

I would call those exterior "B" pillar trim covers.
The protective film for shipping should be solid white color, so it would be hard to leave it on however it could some residual glue from it that was not cleaned off correctly and reacted with something and turned milky.

GABAR

Threads
Reaction score
Vehicles
Bronco
Country flag

Ummmmm, whatā€™s up with the title of your posting?
A bit extreme wouldnā€™t you say.

Mach1E

Threads
Reaction score
Vehicles
Mach 1, Chevy SS-sold, GTPE delivered oct 2021
Country flag
I canā€™t tell if this is a serious post or a joke.

Zooming in on the picture it looks like wax residue from waxing the car.

What part is ā€œfalling apart?ā€ Do you have more pics?

Ford Mustang Mach-E (solved) My mach e door trim started falling apart 9A5DA2C2-7452-4E3D-882B-365EAF0808EF

Davedough

First Name
Dave
Threads
Reaction score
Vehicles
Mach E GTPE , Explorer ST
Occupation
Federal IT Sales Engineer
Country flag

Ford Mustang Mach-E (solved) My mach e door trim started falling apart 9A5DA2C2-7452-4E3D-882B-365EAF0808EF
Iā€™m over here in awe that there are people who donā€™t use dark mode on this forum. I forgot there was a light mode until your screenshot
Ford Mustang Mach-E (solved) My mach e door trim started falling apart 81225772-0BE8-4761-ACEC-6B09792C68D1

OP
OP
locks66

locks66

Threads
Reaction score
Vehicles
2021 Mach E GT
Country flag

Ford Mustang Mach-E (solved) My mach e door trim started falling apart 81225772-0BE8-4761-ACEC-6B09792C68D1
Not residue. Not from a car wash. The only residue that may be in there is when I tried to clean it up as I thought it was surface level. This stuff doesn't come off or change appearance with any friction

ARK

Threads
Reaction score
Vehicles
Mustang Mach E
Country flag
Not residue. Not from a car wash. The only residue that may be in there is when I tried to clean it up as I thought it was surface level. This stuff doesn't come off or change appearance with any friction
Did your Mach-E look like this on day one? If not, any thought on what might have caused this change in appearance?