Mark
Threads
Reaction score
Vehicles
_______ '20 Shelby GT500 FPB '21 Mach-E GTPE IS
Occupation
Retired
Country flag
Nice!! I noticed on your profile photo that you ended up going with the Ford emblem. I bow to your aesthetic and perseverance. Going with the 7" Ford emblem is a bold move for sure, but the result is really excellent.

For me, I like the idea of being ahead of someone and because of the Pony emblem they don't know the car is a GT and think it's "just" a Mach E (which, don't get me wrong, any of the others are still amazing cars!). I might do it. We'll see.

I like your plate. Is that a digital one? Also, I can't quite read what's written on the bottom of the plate...?
Yes I would have liked to have gone with the 5" or 6" oval but with the way the holes on the liftgate are laid out I needed the 7" to cover them and still be centered. By having it painted the body color it blends in better than the standard chrome and blue oval.

Yes it is a digital plate. Been using them for the past 6 years or so. I like them because they are black and white. No colors to distract from the car. Also don't have to deal with the DMV for registration renewal. It's all done though them and you can set up automatic payment. You can choose from hundreds of different captions plus make your own as long as it gets approved. I will post a better photo so you can read mine. ?

Ford Mustang Mach-E My Mach-E GT Performance Edition DELIVERY! (Exterior, Interior, Wheels, Tires Pics Added) IMG_0363D5D

NZ7_6442D-15D.jpg

Biggus Dickus

First Name
G
Threads
Reaction score
Vehicles
19 Must GT PP2, 18 Focus RS, 21 GTPE, 20 Escape,
Country flag
Hey John, I posted about changing out the GT rear emblem for the pony emblem earlier last year before I got my GT. After getting it, I decided not to go with a pony emblem but with a custom painted Ford emblem on the liftgate. My goal is to make this vehicle look more like an SUV and not a car. All of Ford's SUV's have Ford emblems on the rear that's why I went with it. Adding larger diameter, wider tires and mud flaps helped out too.

The Ford Oval emblem I used is part# CL3Z-9942528-B. It's used on the liftgate of Ford Explorers among other vehicles. Cost is about $30 from tascaparts.com. You can send it to Emblem City and they will charge $75 to custom paint any combination of colors or you can take it apart and do it yourself. Emblem City also has those genuine emblems in stock so you can just have them paint and send to you.

I had to go with this 7" size emblem in order to cover the large mounting holes in the liftgate while keeping the emblem centered. If I went with a smaller emblem, even a 6" one, to cover the holes the emblem would need to be mounted left of center.

I removed the two mounting studs on the back of the Ford emblem then test fitted it to the liftgate. I found it isn't completely flat in the middle. It has a slight bow left-right and the emblem would rock side to side so I heated it up and slightly bent the ends down to conform to the liftgate panel. I marked the center of the emblem lightly with pencil to make sure it would be directly centered with the rear camera. I put 3M double sided foam tape on the back of the emblem and mounted it.

Ford Mustang Mach-E My Mach-E GT Performance Edition DELIVERY! (Exterior, Interior, Wheels, Tires Pics Added) NZ7_6442D-15D
Nice look - where did you get those splash guards?

markboris

First Name
Mark
Threads
Reaction score
Vehicles
_______ '20 Shelby GT500 FPB '21 Mach-E GTPE IS
Occupation
Retired
Country flag