Mach1E

Threads
Reaction score
Vehicles
Mach 1, Chevy SS-sold, GTPE delivered oct 2021
Country flag
I wouldn't be making it look like a non GT. It will still have the unique GT front end, red painted calipers, interior, etc. I would just be replacing the GT emblem with a pony one because I like the pony better. Besides, my license plate will reflect it is a GT (MMEGTPE).
So you’ll be making it look like a non gt……

It’s your car, you can add pink polka dots if you like. But you’re definitely making it look like a non GT.

People may be confused if you just bought wheels and a body kit or if you de badged.

Not like they can listen to the exhaust to hear if it’s a “real GT.”

You’re burdened by decades of people messing with Mustang badges. There’s some history there.
Sponsored

krazieboy

Threads
Reaction score
Vehicles
Mustang
Country flag
Why would you buy a Gt and make it look like a non GT? LOL
I used to hear a lot of 5.0 stang owners say they were gonna put a pony on, and remove the gt. W/E floats their boat. I want to see if the mach e badge can cover the holes. would prefer that over the GT or Pony

markboris

First Name
Mark
Threads
Reaction score
Vehicles
_______ '20 Shelby GT500 FPB '21 Mach-E GTPE IS
Occupation
Retired
Country flag
So you’ll be making it look like a non gt……

It’s your car, you can add pink polka dots if you like. But you’re definitely making it look like a non GT.

People may be confused if you just bought wheels and a body kit or if you de badged.

Not like they can listen to the exhaust to hear if it’s a “real GT.”

You’re burdened by decades of people messing with Mustang badges. There’s some history there.
I removed the Mach-E 4X emblems off the sides of my doors as soon as I got the car (I think it's a bad place for an emblem) so I guess I don't have a Mach-E? But then my license plate reads: MACHE4X. Yes I do things to my car to make it the way I want.

I have rear ambient lighting in the doors, a steering wheel that is trimmed in space gray leather, and actual button on the console that opens the rear lift gate, eliminated the annoying back up beeping, a real subwoofer/amp, painted the fender moldings the body color and pony puddle lamps that come on anytime the doors are opened or the car is remotely unlocked. Not to mention a GT suspension (not the PE Magneride struts and shocks) and much larger after market wheels and tires. My car looks nothing like a Premium 4X but anyone that knows a Mach-E knows what it really is. I understand where you are coming from though, I have many friends that would not mess with one thing on their cars. I just cannot leave anything alone. ?

I used to hear a lot of 5.0 stang owners say they were gonna put a pony on, and remove the gt. W/E floats their boat. I want to see if the mach e badge can cover the holes. would prefer that over the GT or Pony

Unfortunately, the door Mach-E badge is too narrow and will not cover the holes on the rear lift gate. If there were no holes back there, I would go without a badge because I think it looks cleaner.

Ford Mustang Mach-E My Mach-E GT Performance Edition DELIVERY! (Exterior, Interior, Wheels, Tires Pics Added) IMG_5736 (1)

Last edited:

Mach1E

Threads
Reaction score
Vehicles
Mach 1, Chevy SS-sold, GTPE delivered oct 2021
Country flag
I removed the Mach-E 4X emblems off the sides of my doors as soon as I got the car (I think it's a bad place for an emblem) so I guess I don't have a Mach-E? But then my license plate reads: MACHE4X. Yes I do things to my car to make it the way I want.

I have rear ambient lighting in the doors, a steering wheel that is trimmed in space gray leather, and actual button on the console that opens the rear lift gate, eliminated the annoying back up beeping, a real subwoofer/amp, painted the fender moldings the body color and pony puddle lamps that come on anytime the doors are opened or the car is remotely unlocked. Not to mention a GT suspension (not the PE Magneride struts and shocks) and much larger after market wheels and tires. My car looks nothing like a Premium 4X but anyone that knows a Mach-E knows what it really is. I understand where you are coming from though, I have many friends that would not mess with one thing on their cars. I just cannot leave anything alone. ?

Unfortunately, the door Mach-E badge is too narrow and will not cover the holes on the rear lift gate. If there were no holes back there, I would go without a badge because I think it looks cleaner.

IMG_5736 (1).jpeg
I think the debadged look will look clean. Also sounds like some nice upgrades.

The point of my post wasn’t for nor against your decision.

Was just agreeing with the other guy that it’ll make it look more like a non-GT.

FWIW, I blacked out the badges on my SS and added a 6.2L badge on the back. I’m not opposed to “messing with” badges.

Ford Mustang Mach-E My Mach-E GT Performance Edition DELIVERY! (Exterior, Interior, Wheels, Tires Pics Added) 7EB092DA-942C-4CE0-B9CF-839A99FF0E02

Last edited:

markboris

First Name
Mark
Threads
Reaction score
Vehicles
Occupation
Retired
Country flag
I think the debadged look will look clean. Also sounds like some nice upgrades.

The point of my post wasn’t for nor against your decision.

Was just agreeing with the other guy that it’ll make it look more like a non-GT.

FWIW, I blacked out the badges on my SS and added a 6.2L badge on the back. I’m not opposed to “messing with” badges.
I wasn't sure how serious you were but it's all good. The last thing I want to do is get into and argument. Obviously we both mess around with our cars.

krazieboy

Threads
Reaction score
Vehicles
Mustang
Country flag

Ford Mustang Mach-E My Mach-E GT Performance Edition DELIVERY! (Exterior, Interior, Wheels, Tires Pics Added) 7EB092DA-942C-4CE0-B9CF-839A99FF0E02
Thanks for putting them side bye side for comparison. Its a shame, the Mach E one would've been better.

On another note, you mentioned that you added ambient light to the rear doors. Do you know if the Ambient light in our cars uses standard RGB controller technology? Like can i tap into the front ambient light cables with a rgb strip and get matching colors?

markboris

First Name
Mark
Threads
Reaction score
Vehicles
Occupation
Retired
Country flag
Thanks for putting them side bye side for comparison. Its a shame, the Mach E one would've been better.

On another note, you mentioned that you added ambient light to the rear doors. Do you know if the Ambient light in our cars uses standard RGB controller technology? Like can i tap into the front ambient light cables with a rgb strip and get matching colors?
Let's take this over to my rear ambient lighting thread so this one stays on course, thanks.
https://www.macheforum.com/site/threads/adding-ambient-lighting-in-the-rear-door-storage-area.4856/

Mike Halleman

First Name
Mike
Threads
Reaction score
Vehicles
2016 Silverado, 2021 Lexus 350 Hybrid
Country flag
Friday, 8/27/21 Update:
SYNC 4 Software Version: 21180_PRODUCT, Revision: 176

Saturday 8/21/21 Update:
I have some fantastic initial driving videos / review including 0-60, be patient, good stuff coming.

Delivered late afternoon today (Thurs, 8/19/21)...
2021 Ford Mustang Mach-E GT Performance Edition in Rapid Red Metallic Tinted Clearcoat
Cedar Rapids, Iowa.

It came two weeks earlier than expected!

Some commentary after a day of work, few pics, and letting a few friends drive:
  • The dark grey color is lighter in the pictures than seeing in person, so I think it does look cooler in person.
  • I've let a couple other EV techies drive it today and they are exhilarated
  • Intense laughter when stomping on the go pedal
  • "Feel it in the gut."
  • Like a roller coaster and space shot
  • Tight control - great stability
  • Steering wheel feels fantastic, for a race car.
  • 15 minutes later: I can still feel that power in my gut!
  • Heavy sense of regeneration, ie. let go of pedal and can definitely feel it actively slowing down, not coasting. (probably not specific to the GT PE)
  • I have to adjust power response expectations in traffic - such as goosing it to pass - need to ensure I've already changed lanes before goosing it, otherwise intense acceleration sneaks up too fast to car in front.

Updated with complete specific timeline:
  1. November 2019 - Reservation
  2. May 1st, 2021 - Ordered
  3. End of June 2021 - notice of build date the week of July 18th
  4. July 18th - Aug 9th - Status was Building in progress
  5. August 10th - Status changed to shipping with estimated delivery Aug 31st - Sept 6th.
  6. August 12th - Estimated delivery improved by two days to Aug 29th - Sept 4th.
  7. Continued with that for about week, approximately. On PALSAPP, only appearing a Freight Bill number and pending.
  8. August 17th PALSAPP changed to dispatched, but no estimated delivery date.
  9. August 19th PALSAPP changed to delivered in late morning. I called the dealership and they confirmed.
  10. Vehicle was EXTREMELY dusty - probably dust collected from Mexico to Texas to Kansas City.
  11. Got feeling a few dealership employees got to drive / do the pre-deliver inspection, which is fine by me. Spread the fun.
  12. Finalized paperwork and left dealership by 5:45pm, clean as a whistle

My delivery date GT Performance is Jan 3 through the 9th. Black with EVERYTHING!! I wake up at night dreaming about. Something wrong with me?

JohnFoxeSheets

First Name
John
Threads
Reaction score
Website
johnfoxesheets.com
Vehicles
2022 Iced Blue Silver Mach E GT
Occupation
Retired Engineer
Country flag
I wouldn't be making it look like a non GT. It will still have the unique GT front end, red painted calipers, interior, etc. I would just be replacing the GT emblem with a pony one because I like the pony better. Besides, my license plate will reflect it is a GT (MMEGTPE).
I understand completely. I was hoping to remove the GT emblem entirely, but not I see that's not really an option since there are holes in the lift gate. I very much like the idea of a stealth GT... (I'd prefer a stealth GTPE mind you, but sadly I didn't spring for that.?)

I like your Pony idea, though I'll admit I was a tad surprised by the $130 price tag for the emblem!

Stang68

Threads
Reaction score
Vehicles
Grabber Blue Mustang Mach E GT Performance
Country flag

Did you happen to post info on the Pony lights coming on when doors are opened?

harrysiii

First Name
Harry
Threads
Reaction score
Vehicles
'21 MME GTPE DMG; '18 Pacifica Limited
Country flag
I'd love to have the exterior door button lights come on at night when in park.

markboris

First Name
Mark
Threads
Reaction score
Vehicles
Occupation
Retired
Country flag
I understand completely. I was hoping to remove the GT emblem entirely, but not I see that's not really an option since there are holes in the lift gate. I very much like the idea of a stealth GT... (I'd prefer a stealth GTPE mind you, but sadly I didn't spring for that.?)

I like your Pony idea, though I'll admit I was a tad surprised by the $130 price tag for the emblem!
Hey John, I posted about changing out the GT rear emblem for the pony emblem earlier last year before I got my GT. After getting it, I decided not to go with a pony emblem but with a custom painted Ford emblem on the liftgate. My goal is to make this vehicle look more like an SUV and not a car. All of Ford's SUV's have Ford emblems on the rear that's why I went with it. Adding larger diameter, wider tires and mud flaps helped out too.

The Ford Oval emblem I used is part# CL3Z-9942528-B. It's used on the liftgate of Ford Explorers among other vehicles. Cost is about $30 from tascaparts.com. You can send it to Emblem City and they will charge $75 to custom paint any combination of colors or you can take it apart and do it yourself. Emblem City also has those genuine emblems in stock so you can just have them paint and send to you.

I had to go with this 7" size emblem in order to cover the large mounting holes in the liftgate while keeping the emblem centered. If I went with a smaller emblem, even a 6" one, to cover the holes the emblem would need to be mounted left of center.

I removed the two mounting studs on the back of the Ford emblem then test fitted it to the liftgate. I found it isn't completely flat in the middle. It has a slight bow left-right and the emblem would rock side to side so I heated it up and slightly bent the ends down to conform to the liftgate panel. I marked the center of the emblem lightly with pencil to make sure it would be directly centered with the rear camera. I put 3M double sided foam tape on the back of the emblem and mounted it.

NZ7_6493D.jpeg

markboris

First Name
Mark
Threads
Reaction score
Vehicles
Occupation
Retired
Country flag
I did but unless you really like to do electrical work and don't mind tearing apart a lot of the car, I would not recommend doing this mod. While I did do it on my Premium shown below, I will not be doing this on my GTPE. Don't feel it is worth the hassle just to see the pony lights come on every time you open and close the doors.

https://www.macheforum.com/site/thr...nytime-you-open-mach-e-door.9384/#post-252721

Stang68

Threads
Reaction score
Vehicles
Grabber Blue Mustang Mach E GT Performance
Country flag

JohnFoxeSheets

First Name
John
Threads
Reaction score
Website
johnfoxesheets.com
Vehicles
2022 Iced Blue Silver Mach E GT
Occupation
Retired Engineer
Country flag
Hey John, I posted about changing out the GT rear emblem for the pony emblem earlier last year before I got my GT. After getting it, I decided not to go with a pony emblem but with a custom painted Ford emblem on the liftgate. My goal is to make this vehicle look more like an SUV and not a car. All of Ford's SUV's have Ford emblems on the rear that's why I went with it. Adding larger diameter, wider tires and mud flaps helped out too.

The Ford Oval emblem I used is part# CL3Z-9942528-B. It's used on the liftgate of Ford Explorers among other vehicles. Cost is about $30 from tascaparts.com. You can send it to Emblem City and they will charge $75 to custom paint any combination of colors or you can take it apart and do it yourself. Emblem City also has those genuine emblems in stock so you can just have them paint and send to you.

I had to go with this 7" size emblem in order to cover the large mounting holes in the liftgate while keeping the emblem centered. If I went with a smaller emblem, even a 6" one, to cover the holes the emblem would need to be mounted left of center.

I removed the two mounting studs on the back of the Ford emblem then test fitted it to the liftgate. I found it isn't completely flat in the middle. It has a slight bow left-right and the emblem would rock side to side so I heated it up and slightly bent the ends down to conform to the liftgate panel. I marked the center of the emblem lightly with pencil to make sure it would be directly centered with the rear camera. I put 3M double sided foam tape on the back of the emblem and mounted it.

Ford Mustang Mach-E My Mach-E GT Performance Edition DELIVERY! (Exterior, Interior, Wheels, Tires Pics Added) NZ7_6493D
Nice!! I noticed on your profile photo that you ended up going with the Ford emblem. I bow to your aesthetic and perseverance. Going with the 7" Ford emblem is a bold move for sure, but the result is really excellent.

For me, I like the idea of being ahead of someone and because of the Pony emblem they don't know the car is a GT and think it's "just" a Mach E (which, don't get me wrong, any of the others are still amazing cars!). I might do it. We'll see.

I like your plate. Is that a digital one? Also, I can't quite read what's written on the bottom of the plate...?