Jim
Threads
Reaction score
Vehicles
Mach E X Fusion hybrid Escape
Occupation
Retired
Country flag
I have a Mach E X that I received in February. I love the car.

About a week and a half ago, I started driving. When I tapped the brakes the car slammed on the brakes like it was doing an emergency stop. This continued for about 50 feet. However, this caused the brake pad to be scored. They don't know the cause yet.

My car is now sitting at the dealer waiting for new brake pads which are on back order.

I am posting this for 2 reasons. If anyone has this problem call the dealer immediately. I would recommend having them tow the car. Maybe they can find out the cause.

The other reason is: if anyone from Ford reads this, can they help get my car back on the road?

Thanks,
Jim
Sponsored

my2ndstang

First Name
Stephen
Threads
Reaction score
Vehicles
2021 Premium Extended AWD Mach E
Country flag
That's scary. How long have you had the car?

OP
OP

LGM

First Name
Jim
Threads
Reaction score
Vehicles
Occupation
Retired
Country flag
Thanks for the reply I just DMed him.

I got the car mid February.

jeffdawgfan

First Name
Jeff
Threads
Reaction score
Vehicles
2021 Mustang MachE AWD ER, 2019 Ram 1500 Laramie
Occupation
Retired Navy / Veterans Administration
Country flag
There is definitely need for improvement when pressing brake while doing regen. The transition is not smooth. However, have never had the brakes lock up on me.

Fusionblu

Threads
Reaction score
Vehicles
Ford Mach~E, Kia Telluride, BMW 335i
Occupation
IT fiddler
Country flag
Exactly same thing happened to the me on a rental Hyundai in Honolulu. Scary as hell. Luckily I was very close to my hotel and drove back to the hotel parking lot. It turned out to be a malfunction in the ABS pump system in my case. Good luck.

Maric

Threads
Reaction score
Vehicles
Grabber Blue FE
Occupation
Engineer
Country flag
There is definitely need for improvement when pressing brake while doing regen. The transition is not smooth. However, have never had the brakes lock up on me.
I drove a Model 3 this weekend expecting smooth brakes. It was even grabbier than my MachE! I was not expecting that.

SpacePony

Threads
Reaction score
Vehicles
2021 Mach-e Preimum AWD Ext. Battery
Country flag
Odd how our experiences differ. This is my 4th Hybrid/Electric car, and by far the best and smoothest blended braking out of all of them. Maybe I’ve just forgotten how “Normal” braking feels on a passenger vehicle! (Because motorcycle brakes do feel very different, typically almost feel underpowered since the LAST thing you want is for them to lock up).

pt19713

Threads
Reaction score
Vehicles
Country flag
I drove a Model 3 this weekend expecting smooth brakes. It was even grabbier than my MachE! I was not expecting that.
No blended brakes on a Tesla, so it's 100% friction when you hit the brake pedal. It's definitely an odd feeling driving a car using the friction brakes after driving an EV with a strong brake regen/one pedal.

OP
OP

LGM

First Name
Jim
Threads
Reaction score
Vehicles
Occupation
Retired
Country flag
Good news. My Mach E is back home. It turned out that the brake disc layers separated causing the lock up. My advisor thinks it may have been a manufacturing defect. The main problem was that they had to fly the disc from Europe which contributed to the 10 day wait time.

Jim
Sponsored