My Mach-E was broken into today with items stolen. Ford, can we have Sentry Mode?

Kafka

First Name
J
Threads
Reaction score
Vehicles
Ford Mach-E GT PE Nite Pony Vapor Blue
Occupation
Techie
Country flag
More appropriately “reparations” were derived from the institution of “slavery” a viable criminal infliction upon kidnapped humans brought to America in cargo containers—separated from family members, sold, and suffered a multitude of inhumane deeds. On this forum, perhaps, your ancestry led you to a racist and slanderous remark (pachydermatous) toward a group of people, then you are likely part of that continuum.
Thank you.

Kafka

First Name
J
Threads
Reaction score
Vehicles
Ford Mach-E GT PE Nite Pony Vapor Blue
Occupation
Techie
Country flag
Oh Lordy, Hollier than thou response. Always ready to label people that you don't agree with.

I'm going to leave it at that. Don't want this to be more political than it already is.
Except it was you who made a connection between the robbery and Reparations claimed by descendants of enslaved people.

I understand that you might not agree with Reparations, that is your right, but the moment that you connect a car break-in with descendants of enslaved people "taking Reparations by force" the statement goes farther than now you make it appear as Ca Rte 1 being hollier than thou.

Do poop on the Criminal Justice system, public safety or lack thereof, Woke Politicians, etc but I posit that bringing up Reparations in this context is being outright Racist on this board.

TIA.

CA RTE 1

First Name
Ron
Threads
Reaction score
Vehicles
Mach E CA RTE 1 ER, Escape, and Lincoln Aviator
Occupation
Software Engineer
Country flag
Except it was you who made a connection between the robbery and Reparations claimed by descendants of enslaved people.

I understand that you might not agree with Reparations, that is your right, but the moment that you connect a car break-in with descendants of enslaved people "taking Reparations by force" the statement goes farther than now you make it appear as Ca Rte 1 being hollier than thou.

Do poop on the Criminal Justice system, public safety or lack thereof, Woke Politicians, etc but I posit that bringing up Reparations in this context is being outright Racist on this board.

TIA.
Critical thinking is the analysis of available facts, evidence, observations, and arguments to form a judgment. Therefore, there is no need for you to respond.

Ghost Ryder

Threads
Reaction score
Vehicles
Tesla MYP, 22 GTPE
Country flag

TIA.
If you don't think the current Criminal justice system, especially in California (i.e. lack of prosecution, cashless bail, etc.) and the push for reparations are linked, then you're in denial. It's all pushed by the same group with the same goal. Pointing that out is not racist. But being so sensitive when people point that out and immediately calling them racist, is all part of the same playbook. To shut down conversations before it even starts.

Kamuelaflyer

Threads
Reaction score
Vehicles
2021 Premium Infinite Blue. ER AWD. 2020 Raptor
Country flag
Why not have it as an option? You don't have to use it. Having an option would be nice. Besides, many folks charge each day.
The cameras on the mach-e are installed to maximize the 360 camera view and reverse cameras. They'd probably be really good at ID'ing a thief's socks though. What you're asking for is an entirely different system.

Kamuelaflyer

Threads
Reaction score
Vehicles
Country flag
Not a jealous remark, just providing the downside that should be recognized.

Here's a quote from Tesla Info (https://tesla-info.com/blog/vampire-battery-drain.php)
Sentry Mode
While in theory a great option, this is a simply dreadful option with respect to vampire drain. The car is kept in a high state of power consumption and is the single most important thing you should turn off to minimise battery drain when leaving the car for any length of time.
I have a friend in California with a late build Model S that entirely agrees with this assessment Mark.

Mach1E

Threads
Reaction score
Vehicles
Mach 1, Chevy SS-sold, GTPE delivered oct 2021
Country flag
Do most of those things regularly. I have never once left my wallet in a vehicle in decades of driving.
I have. Hard to swim with your wallet and it’s definitely not safe sitting on the beach.

Just saying, there are reasons. But if it makes you feel better about yourself by victim blaming, I guess more power to ya.

Kamuelaflyer

Threads
Reaction score
Vehicles
Country flag
I have. Hard to swim with your wallet and it’s definitely not safe sitting on the beach.

Just saying, there are reasons. But if it makes you feel better about yourself by victim blaming, I guess more power to ya.
Yup. This exactly.

Msnwcpa

First Name
Manny
Threads
Reaction score
Vehicles
2022 Mme ordered, Lexus hybrid, Toyota hybrid
Occupation
IT
Because I got lax with security. My car is parked under two very prominent security cameras in a business park with patrolling security. My bag is black in a black interior with tinted windows stuffed under the seat. Figured that was enough to avoid spotting, but apparently not.
Sorry to read what happened

jsteach

First Name
John
Threads
Reaction score
Vehicles
21 MME S/W EB AWD ,2017 Honda accord touring v-6
Occupation
Retired. 40 year automotive/ service
Country flag
Window tint/film will offer some level of security. When the glass shatters it will still be held together by the film, if will take quite a bit of effort to push it into the car. More that likely they wont even try of once glass has not fallen, they will leave. Most film is 1-1.5mm thick. Ceramic are 2mm
and security film is 4mm to 16mm. I always tint all windows, broken glass is a pain to clean up.

samev

Threads
Reaction score
Vehicles
2021 MME Premium SR RWD
Country flag
I've found it baffling why $50K+ cars can't attach a series of cameras pointing in the right directions and enable sentry mode. Thieves now know not to mess with a Tesla except for the most intrepid ones.

Mach1E

Threads
Reaction score
Vehicles
Mach 1, Chevy SS-sold, GTPE delivered oct 2021
Country flag
I've found it baffling why $50K+ cars can't attach a series of cameras pointing in the right directions and enable sentry mode. Thieves now know not to mess with a Tesla except for the most intrepid ones.
If that were the case, the internet wouldn’t be littered with videos of people breaking into Teslas.

Mask + gloves are pretty easy to beat any camera and leave no fingerprints.

Covid made the mask thing super easy since you don’t look “shady” walking around in a mask.

ShaggySS

First Name
Scott
Threads
Reaction score
Vehicles
2022 Mach-E Premium RWD
Occupation
IT Nerd
Country flag
Cameras do not stop a crime. They will not stop your car from getting broken into and the cops TYPICALLY can't do anything about it after the fact. Now if they came up with a system that detained someone for breaking your window that I WANT. Even it it simply zapped them.

I hear that sentry mode really eats at the battery. I would like Ford to allow the cameras of the car to be used like a dashcam...like tesla. Wham Bam Mach-E Cam
Sponsored