My Mach E was supposed to be delivered yesterday. Dealer has no clue where it is. Now what?

Mopey

First Name
John
Threads
Reaction score
Vehicles
21 MME GTPE, 22 Lightning Lariat
Country flag
Mine also arrived in KC 1 Feb. After 2 weeks it made one appearance in VV in Seattle at a rail yard there, then it disappeared for 3 more weeks. When my sales guy called last Thursday, he said they had no idea where it was. It showed up at the dealer the next day. So, don't sweat it. It's not Ford's fault if many of the handlers along the way don't log each car in when they touch it. The freight system in the US has handled a LOT of cars and I've never heard of them actually losing one.

Wisconsin Pony Gal

First Name
Jean
Threads
Reaction score
Vehicles
2021 Mach 3 Premium AWD (AKA Lightning!)
Country flag
What a sad thread! I thought (I hoped) I was the only one who had a MachE “go rogue” two days before the delivery date. Sorry to hear I’m not alone. My story is that my car left Kansas City on Feb 24, never to show up at the dealer. Since I got the email about the extra quality control check I assume that my car has been ambushed. No new ETA, the Ford site tells me my next step is to complete purchase of the car.

mixduptransistor

First Name
joe
Threads
Reaction score
Vehicles
2021 Rapid Red Mach E Premium Extended Range RWD
Occupation
Systems Engineer
Country flag
Same situation last week. My ETA was 3.3, called the dealer on 3.5 and they said they can't see where it is. Called the Mach E Support number the same day and they said my car was part of the delay with no ETA. Then my dealer calls me back that same day and said my car just showed up. They grabbed the VIN right away and verified it was not on hold at all. I picked her up Saturday 3.6. In speaking with the dealer, they said they have lacked visibility and communication from Ford. They knew my car was coming, but couldn't see when it was going to get there. He even showed me the information he had access to. Also confusing is the support line telling me my car was part of the quality hold, but it wasn't. He did sound like he was reading off of a script so that could just be the cookie cutter response they are giving everyone who calls. I hope your car suddenly appears like mine did!
Is the "Mach E support number" a special line or just the generic Ford 1-800 number? I reached out to Ford online and they had no clue and just told me to see my dealer. Curious if you can share the number, if it's a special one for Mach E support

MrsLofgreen

First Name
Shawnacy
Threads
Reaction score
Vehicles
Ford Mustang Mach-E
Country flag
Is the "Mach E support number" a special line or just the generic Ford 1-800 number? I reached out to Ford online and they had no clue and just told me to see my dealer. Curious if you can share the number, if it's a special one for Mach E support
(833) 385-0523 Someone else mentioned this as the Mach E Support number and when I called they did announce it as that.

Return of the Mach

First Name
Mike
Threads
Reaction score
Vehicles
2021 Mach-E Premium SR AWD
Occupation
Mechanical Engineer
Country flag
Are you sure you have until the end of March? I thought I read in the NJ thread that you only have until March 15th.
@pooter03.... Fellow NJ buyer eagerly awaiting delivery here (EST 3/16 to 3/22). Unfortunately, generaltso is correct.... we need to receive our cars by March 15th to be able to receive the $5000 Charge Up NJ rebate, otherwise the program with not start back up again until July 2021.

OP
OP
pooter03

pooter03

First Name
Andrew
Threads
Reaction score
Vehicles
2021 Mach E Premium
Occupation
IT
Country flag
@pooter03.... Fellow NJ buyer eagerly awaiting delivery here (EST 3/16 to 3/22). Unfortunately, generaltso is correct.... we need to receive our cars by March 15th to be able to receive the $5000 Charge Up NJ rebate, otherwise the program with not start back up again until July 2021.
Yeah, I just confirmed that myself. My car was delivered today but they have a stop-hold due to the bolt issue. I hope this doesn't cost me $5000.

efisher

First Name
Eric
Threads
Reaction score
Vehicles
Mach E on order
Country flag
Problem is I need it ASAP.
1. The lease on my last car was up in September of last year, so I've been bumming cars off of relatives. I'm on my 4th right now.
2. I'm in NJ, and apparently I have up until the end of March to receive delivery of the car to be eligible for the $5000 tax credit.
I think you only have until March 15th.

generaltso

Threads
Reaction score
Vehicles
2021 MME Premium AWD SR Infinite Blue
Country flag
Yeah, I just confirmed that myself. My car was delivered today but they have a stop-hold due to the bolt issue. I hope this doesn't cost me $5000.
If it was delivered today, I don't see any reason why the dealer can't tighten the bolts before 3/15.

JSOrange97

Threads
Reaction score
Vehicles
Ford F-150, Chevrolet Suburban K1500
Country flag
@pooter03 our car was supposed to arrive today as well. When you checked palsapp for your VIN, when was it delivered to Birmingham, MO?

OP
OP
pooter03

pooter03

First Name
Andrew
Threads
Reaction score
Vehicles
2021 Mach E Premium
Occupation
IT
Country flag
@pooter03 our car was supposed to arrive today as well. When you checked palsapp for your VIN, when was it delivered to Birmingham, MO?
I double-checked and it was delivered to Birmingham, MO.
The good news is, per my previous post, the car was delivered today. The bad news is they can't release it until the recall is settled. From what I read, it should be simple, but with $5000 in the balance, I'm still sweating. :)

mixduptransistor

First Name
joe
Threads
Reaction score
Vehicles
Occupation
Systems Engineer
Country flag
(833) 385-0523 Someone else mentioned this as the Mach E Support number and when I called they did announce it as that.
Definitely the right number, but not very helpful. Struck out with these folks just like I did with their direct support on Twitter. If you're going to be redirected to the dealer all the time why even bother having a hotline

mixduptransistor

First Name
joe
Threads
Reaction score
Vehicles
Occupation
Systems Engineer
Country flag
The good news is, per my previous post, the car was delivered today. The bad news is they can't release it until the recall is settled. From what I read, it should be simple, but with $5000 in the balance, I'm still sweating. :)
If they have it at the dealership then your wait can't be that long. From everything that has been posted publicly at worst they need to tighten some bolts and re-flash a couple of ECUs in the car

JSOrange97

Threads
Reaction score
Vehicles
Ford F-150, Chevrolet Suburban K1500
Country flag
I hear you - we are in the same position. Sweating it out. I was curious what your palsapp delivery date to Birmingham shows as I was hoping our cars would be on the same train... Our Birmingham (Voltz) date was 2/27 and our dealer said that late last week the car was near Harrisburg, so it was getting closer to the terminus at Port Wilmington, DE.
Sponsored