Gary
Threads
Reaction score
Vehicles
21 Mach E , 22 MachE, 62 C10 Big window long bed
Occupation
Loafer
Country flag
Let me ramble. I will drop this here in the Florida section since hopefully this thread will contain timelines and such on my purchase and I am in Florida.

Back in July I was looking at replacing our 06 Mustang. Asked the spouse electric Mustang, Bronco or Tesla model 3. She was indifferent so my order was placed for the Bronco on July 16th.

December comes, the Bronco ordering placements into WBDO is Delayed and MachE reviews start flowing. After we watch a few the wife has that look in her eyes she has never exihibited for the Bronco. Ok, we will switch.

Placed my order for a Carbonized select (my Bronco was going to be Carbonized Base Squatch) all is good.

Here is were it gets interesting. My dealer is smaller and by their own admission this is their first MachE order.

Christmas is busy, comes and goes and my reservation has still not been accepted. In the mean time after discussions with the wife she is ok with going ahead with the Bronco as well but wants the Mustang in Red.

Called my dealer Monday with the build changes. They still have not accepted my order and are telling me that they will not be able to until the 4th when the factory starts back up and they can put in corrections. ?
Since noon on Monday after calling my dealer Mustang reservation now shows an "Error call your dealer"
Called Ford marketing to figure out the nature of the error and as my order has not been accepted I have no 4 character build number so they say the ball is with my dealer. Dealer says we are waiting until the 4th.
?

Monday should be fun.
Sponsored

machefan

Threads
Reaction score
Vehicles
RR FE 21', Leaf 18' and Bronco BadLands 2022
Occupation
IT
Country flag
Let me ramble. I will drop this here in the Florida section since hopefully this thread will contain timelines and such on my purchase and I am in Florida.

Back in July I was looking at replacing our 06 Mustang. Asked the spouse electric Mustang, Bronco or Tesla model 3. She was indifferent so my order was placed for the Bronco on July 16th.

December comes, the Bronco ordering placements into WBDO is Delayed and MachE reviews start flowing. After we watch a few the wife has that look in her eyes she has never exihibited for the Bronco. Ok, we will switch.

Placed my order for a Carbonized select (my Bronco was going to be Carbonized Base Squatch) all is good.

Here is were it gets interesting. My dealer is smaller and by their own admission this is their first MachE order.

Christmas is busy, comes and goes and my reservation has still not been accepted. In the mean time after discussions with the wife she is ok with going ahead with the Bronco as well but wants the Mustang in Red.

Called my dealer Monday with the build changes. They still have not accepted my order and are telling me that they will not be able to until the 4th when the factory starts back up and they can put in corrections. ?
Since noon on Monday after calling my dealer Mustang reservation now shows an "Error call your dealer"
Called Ford marketing to figure out the nature of the error and as my order has not been accepted I have no 4 character build number so they say the ball is with my dealer. Dealer says we are waiting until the 4th.
?

Monday should be fun.
Sorry to hear this, hopefully it all works out in the end. In my family I want the RED FE (on order) and the other half said to me the Bronco looks really cool. However I now own a Jeep Wrangler, while I can sell it and almost break even I am not sure it's a good idea.

Banned
Banned
Threads
Reaction score
Vehicles
Chevy Volt, BMW i3
Country flag
So sorry to hear that. The dealer process is very painful around here as well. Zero value add.

TheVirtualTim

First Name
Tim
Threads
Reaction score
Vehicles
Mach-E First Edition, Escape Hybrid
Country flag
Ford employees are on holiday break from Christmas through New Years Day ... and would start back on the first week day after New Years (so this year... that's Monday, January 4).

However... if your dealer doesn't understand how to accept and place the order, they should contact their Ford "Zone rep". But the Zone rep is a Ford employee (not a dealer employee) and wont be back at work until Jan 4.

OP
OP
Garbone

Garbone

First Name
Gary
Threads
Reaction score
Vehicles
Occupation
Loafer
Country flag
Ford employees are on holiday break from Christmas through New Years Day ... and would start back on the first week day after New Years (so this year... that's Monday, January 4).

However... if your dealer doesn't understand how to accept and place the order, they should contact their Ford "Zone rep". But the Zone rep is a Ford employee (not a dealer employee) and wont be back at work until Jan 4.
Yup, I just need to be patient.

RyZt

Threads
Reaction score
Vehicles
Mach E4X
Country flag
If I were you, I would cancel the existing yet-to-be-accepted order and make a new order (in the right color) with another dealer (who is knowledgeable about the order system). It's a bit strange that your dealer doesn't know how to accept an order because (I believe) Mach E and Bronco use the same reservation/order system.

Additionally, your clueless dealer's service department will likely have a hard time servicing your new Mach E, if you're really their only order so far.

Before you decide on a dealer, I recommend getting a commitment in email/text that (1) they'll add no markup, (2) honor X-Plan (the X-Plan discount on Mach E is 2%-$275), and (3) provide full refund of deposit if you cancel.

The demand on Mach E is pretty high (relative to the expected 50k-80k production target of 2021 model year). And people started making reservation/order in Nov 2019. No one on this forum knows when you'll get your Mach E if you order now. If I have to make a guess, I'd say July-ish.

Last edited:
OP
OP
Garbone

Garbone

First Name
Gary
Threads
Reaction score
Vehicles
Occupation
Loafer
Country flag
I am curious about deliver
If I were you, I would cancel the existing yet-to-be-accepted order and make a new order (in the right color) with another dealer (who is knowledgeable about the order system). It's a bit strange that your dealer doesn't know how to accept an order because (I believe) Mach E and Bronco use the same reservation/order system.

Before you decide on a dealer, I recommend getting a commitment in email/context that (1) they'll add no markup, (2) honor X-Plan, and (3) provide full refund of deposit if you cancel.

No one on this forum knows when you'll get your Mach E if you order now. If I have to make a guess, I'd say July-ish.
My dealer is pretty good, they are even honoring Xplan price on Bronco even though Ford is not offering it. Part of why I like them. My assumption is that my Dec 20 reservation time stamp puts me in line on that date much like my July Bronco. I assume they will get it sorted Monday.

I did offer to cancel an resubmit but they said it was not necessary.

In the back of my mind I think the manager could be pocketing the reservation to put it on his January numbers. He could have already reached goal this month.

At this point if it goes thru Monday no harm done.

I am hoping for May but would not be surprised if I get the Mustang in July the same week as the Bronco.

All Hat No Cattle

Threads
Reaction score
Vehicles
2023 Genesis GV-80 , 2017 Edge Titanium
Country flag
After we watch a few the wife has that look in her eyes she has never exihibited for the Bronco. Ok, we will switch.
Just as an aside, I had a very similar experience. My wife was perfectly happy with her '17 Edge Titanium, until she saw a Mach E up close.

Now we are waiting for dealer stock. I just tell myself "Happy wife, happy life". Oh well. :)

OP
OP
Garbone

Garbone

First Name
Gary
Threads
Reaction score
Vehicles
Occupation
Loafer
Country flag
My dealer accepted my order Jan 2, but still no scheduled build week from FordMoCo.

Found my exact car sitting on a lot in Mississippi, called my dealer and asked if they could obtain it for me. My dealer called and nope, the listing dealer will not transfer it. I figured as much since the particular car is listed $2k over msrp on Autotrader.

Found a Carbonized Gray version of my order locally, could buy it but the spouse really wants Red. So we wait.

Ok, so as I wait another local dealer has a mannequin available to drive. Took a ride over and gave it a spin. Premium X range AWD. A 5 mile loop.

Here are my quick take aways.

Wow, what a nice car. Yes I have made the correct choice to purchase one of these. Really like one pedal driving and the get up and go. Felt very familiar, comfortable but different. It almost looks smaller than my 06 Mustang even though it is not and all that great leg room, even in the back. Good job Ford.

OPD is great, intuitive, pretty happy with it after about 1/4 mile to adjust.

Never turned on the fake engine noise and honestly probably never will, I have enough noise in my life.

I could live without the 15" screen, anything over 8" would be good enough.

I liked the speedo.

I could live with Grey.

It is good with the windows down, comfortable enough with an arm out the window. 83 degrees today so did most of the ride with windows open and no thump thump you sometimes get in the Explorer if you set the windows open wrong. The wind did blow around that cheesy cargo cover, that needs to be done better.
Ford Mustang Mach-E My Mustang Purchase IMG_20210215_141238
Ford Mustang Mach-E My Mustang Purchase IMG_20210215_141228

OP
OP
Garbone

Garbone

First Name
Gary
Threads
Reaction score
Vehicles
Occupation
Loafer
Country flag
So Monday night I found a Red Select 2wd on Autotrader. It must have just popped on at 5pm as it was not there at 3pm.

Contacted the dealer and yes it was for sale and yes to Xplan. Put my deposit down and finished the paperwork yesterday and it should be delivered today. Dealer was in SC, only 250 miles and 2 states away.

Ford Mustang Mach-E My Mustang Purchase IMG_20210216_131230

Have it in my FordPass app, now just to wait for the car...

Ford Mustang Mach-E My Mustang Purchase Screenshot_20210217-084317

OP
OP
Garbone

Garbone

First Name
Gary
Threads
Reaction score
Vehicles
Occupation
Loafer
Country flag
Ok, Having put my VIN in the FordPass I hit the "Button". Sure nuff when the delivery driver left he must have hit the prompt because I can now see my car.

Ford Mustang Mach-E My Mustang Purchase Screenshot_20210217-130424

Now I can jones out on my Fordpass and second guess the driver.

Ugh.

OP
OP
Garbone

Garbone

First Name
Gary
Threads
Reaction score
Vehicles
Occupation
Loafer
Country flag
Here are some more App views.

Ford Mustang Mach-E My Mustang Purchase Screenshot_20210217-132727
Ford Mustang Mach-E My Mustang Purchase Screenshot_20210217-132750

jparduhn70

Threads
Reaction score
Vehicles
2021 Mach-E First Edition
Country flag
So Monday night I found a Red Select 2wd on Autotrader. It must have just popped on at 5pm as it was not there at 3pm.

Contacted the dealer and yes it was for sale and yes to Xplan. Put my deposit down and finished the paperwork yesterday and it should be delivered today. Dealer was in SC, only 250 miles and 2 states away.
Good for you! So happy you found what you wanted. At least your dealer accepted X Plan and didn't try to tell you it wasn't available on the vehicle. I got my Ford post-purchase survey today, and before I filled it out with my gripe about the bald faced lie that there was no X Plan on the MME from the GM at my dealer, called them to see if they'll make it right so they don't get dinged by Ford.

OP
OP
Garbone

Garbone

First Name
Gary
Threads
Reaction score
Vehicles
Occupation
Loafer
Country flag
First 12 hour 20 mile impressions.

Love the car.

Met the delivery folks at a Charge America location with 6 chargers. None worked with the car. ? Charging at home, now I need to install my station because the wall outlet is horribly slow.

Do not know if it is my cheap android phone but have not been able to get phone as key working. However linking my phone as a phone works..

Something Ford needs to keep in mind, the fellow delivering my car had an old flip phone, not everyone likes to spend $800 on a device you can drop in a toilet by mistake.

Passcode on the door but have yet to figure out passcode to start...

Ford Mustang Mach-E My Mustang Purchase IMG_20210218_071649

Option is just grayed out.

Pretty much depending on our single fob.. come on Ford, one fob?

Funny side not, my dealer thought it should come with 2 keys but could not get the car to accept a second key fob.

Last edited:
OP
OP
Garbone

Garbone

First Name
Gary
Threads
Reaction score
Vehicles
Occupation
Loafer
Country flag
Received my build week email. April 12th. ?
Sponsored