Gary
Threads
Reaction score
Vehicles
21 Mach E , 22 MachE, 62 C10 Big window long bed
Occupation
Loafer
Country flag
Will you be able to get your deposit back from the original dealer?
My guess is I have until June to ? think on it. Thing is I really like the car and it is a great replacement for the 06 Mustang. I like it better than the wife's Explorer also and I would bet she will also once she gets some windshield time in. Question is do we like it enough to have twins? If so I will be a little less than thrilled I did not get one Grey and one Red..

Last edited:
OP
OP
Garbone

Garbone

First Name
Gary
Threads
Reaction score
Vehicles
Occupation
Loafer
Country flag
PaaK update. Programmed the wifes phone Paak, this allowed us to setup a backup start code. Does her phone work PaaK, no, but at least we were able to program a backup start code.

Wife hinted that maybe we should go all electric with our vehicles, hmm....

Car specific Gripes-One Fob, that cargo mat flaps with the windows open.

My charger adventures are now at an end. I had bought the Ford Connect charge station and installed it before the "Stop Sell Order" only to have it die on me 36 hours after installation.

Replaced it with a GrizzlE and a 50amp 14-50 socket. The Grizzl-E works really well. Noth thrilled with the ascetic of the outlet and Grizz over the Ford solution but I can live with it.

Brought my Ford charger to the dealership parts counter and they took it back no questions asked, very nice folks over at Gary Yeoman. However, then went about attempting to order floor mats and a cargo liner but my FordPass account was acting wonky and not allowing access to my reward points. (now seems to be in order again) I will have to revisit next week to attempt ordering with my 22000 points.

Charged the car to 100% for the first time last night, it is showing nearly full range available, very nice.
Ford Mustang Mach-E My Mustang Purchase IMG_20210222_072354
Ford Mustang Mach-E My Mustang Purchase IMG_20210227_102934

Last edited:

OP
OP
Garbone

Garbone

First Name
Gary
Threads
Reaction score
Vehicles
Occupation
Loafer
Country flag
In the 80s today,. Put on over 50 miles starting at 100% charge. Liking the math.

Ford Mustang Mach-E My Mustang Purchase Screenshot_20210227-195403

OrchidMania

Threads
Reaction score
Vehicles
Grabber Blue Premium ER
Occupation
Retired IT, School Math Volunteer
Country flag
Let me understand this. I think you just helped me figure out how to get the car I want at the price I want to pay. If I find the car I want. Premium RWD in Iconic SIlver/ Grey interior I can call Mullinex and see if they can get it for me??They will then honor X plan pricing.
DId you have to pay extra delivery since it was not in WPB. I test drove the car and would have purchased Friday if the dealer would have taken X plan, and not a 7K ADM!!

OrchidMania

Threads
Reaction score
Vehicles
Grabber Blue Premium ER
Occupation
Retired IT, School Math Volunteer
Country flag
Let me understand this. I think you just helped me figure out how to get the car I want at the price I want to pay. If I find the car I want. Premium RWD in Iconic SIlver/ Grey interior I can call Mullinex and see if they can get it for me??They will then honor X plan pricing.
DId you have to pay extra delivery since it was not in WPB. I test drove the car and would have purchased Friday if the dealer would have taken X plan, and not a 7K ADM!!
Who do you recommend I speak with at Mullinex??

OP
OP
Garbone

Garbone

First Name
Gary
Threads
Reaction score
Vehicles
Occupation
Loafer
Country flag
If you order a car thru them Mullinax will honor Xplan. Mine is scheduled to be built in April and I selected them as a dealer via Ford website.

I did find my exact build in Mississippi and called my Mullinax dealer and asked them if they could get it for me. They called but the non Mullinax dealer would not release it (ADM loss) so no go. I then found another exact build in SC and called that dealer direct, they sold me the car Xplan and delivered it . I got lucky.

I still have my December order being built thru Mullinax, I just tend to be impatient.

machefan

Threads
Reaction score
Vehicles
RR FE 21', Leaf 18' and Bronco BadLands 2022
Occupation
IT
Country flag
If you order a car thru them Mullinax will honor Xplan. Mine is scheduled to be built in April and I selected them as a dealer via Ford website.

I did find my exact build in Mississippi and called my Mullinax dealer and asked them if they could get it for me. They called but the non Mullinax dealer would not release it (ADM loss) so no go. I then found another exact build in SC and called that dealer direct, they sold me the car Xplan and delivered it . I got lucky.

I still have my December order being built thru Mullinax, I just tend to be impatient.
I suspect after a month or so they will drop the ADM, while it's popular it's not as popular as the Bronco. The MME community is small and usually buyers will be very savoy as you are basically buying a laptop on wheels. When the hype dies down which it will and if more issue surface which they might it will slow sales down. Another factor is that the traditional buyer will not be used to paying MSRP for a car let alone one with ADM. Most buyers today of EV's are going to comb the Internet for information. These buyers will come across our wonderful site here and will find dealers who take the x-plan, no ADM and want to sell, not hold cars on the lot.

Ford is not like Tesla for EV's, who have a strong following as well as a loyal community, Ford does not yet have this for EV's. Tesla sales are simple, Ford is complicated due to the middleman which in this case is the problem.

Honestly this was said early on here and no surprise the dealer is getting in the way for Ford's success for the EV market.

FORD - This note is to you -

Get your dealer network inline, MSRP should be final, maybe call it something else, allow for the XYZ plans to reward those who participate. ADM should be banned for the MME, you want success here, make it easy as possible.

Rant over folks, sorry.

OP
OP
Garbone

Garbone

First Name
Gary
Threads
Reaction score
Vehicles
Occupation
Loafer
Country flag
Picked up my floor mats and cargo liner yesterday from the local dealer. They gave me $110 for my Ford points so that is nice. Scheduled to get my front windows tinted to match the rears today.

Non car related is my Grizzl-E charger keeps going into red failure mode. Not during use but as it sits idle during the day, I will get home and it will be buzzing away. A quick unplug reset works to get back to blue.

Reading the documentation is says the max operating temp is 130f (or was it 103?) My choice of black case and the Florida sun between noon and 4pm cooks it and sends it into fault mode. To test my theory I have wrapped it in an old white hand towel and we shall see if it faults out this afternoon (overcast days it does not fault out).

OP
OP
Garbone

Garbone

First Name
Gary
Threads
Reaction score
Vehicles
Occupation
Loafer
Country flag
Just checked, my build week moved from 4/12 to 4/4. Sweet. Need to get another Xplan pin.

D4rkt

First Name
Paul
Threads
Reaction score
Vehicles
2013 Ford Escape, 2021 MME Premium ER
Country flag
Picked up my floor mats and cargo liner yesterday from the local dealer. They gave me $110 for my Ford points so that is nice. Scheduled to get my front windows tinted to match the rears today.

Non car related is my Grizzl-E charger keeps going into red failure mode. Not during use but as it sits idle during the day, I will get home and it will be buzzing away. A quick unplug reset works to get back to blue.

Reading the documentation is says the max operating temp is 130f (or was it 103?) My choice of black case and the Florida sun between noon and 4pm cooks it and sends it into fault mode. To test my theory I have wrapped it in an old white hand towel and we shall see if it faults out this afternoon (overcast days it does not fault out).
I recently purchased and installed a Grizzl-E charging unit myself after watching the CEO of the company run over the unit with a truck and dip it into the freezing waters of a frozen lake. The crazy Canadians (and I say that with all respect) may have forgot to test it in the other extreem weather condition - the Florida sun. My unit is in the garage. No issues to date. Did the towel wrapping solve your problem?

OP
OP
Garbone

Garbone

First Name
Gary
Threads
Reaction score
Vehicles
Occupation
Loafer
Country flag
I recently purchased and installed a Grizzl-E charging unit myself after watching the CEO of the company run over the unit with a truck and dip it into the freezing waters of a frozen lake. The crazy Canadians (and I say that with all respect) may have forgot to test it in the other extreem weather condition - the Florida sun. My unit is in the garage. No issues to date. Did the towel wrapping solve your problem?
Yes. Not a problem since, it has been flawless.
Ford Mustang Mach-E My Mustang Purchase IMG_20210305_182355
My plan is to sand it a bit and rattle can it white.
Sponsored