ddlt

First Name
Dan
Threads
Reaction score
Vehicles
NX 300H Rx350 CX5 Mach E reserved Galaxy 500 in a time long ago
Country flag
I canceled my star white premium awd extended after a test drive. The test car was beautiful but the run had no seat of the pants fun. Perhaps Ill test drive a gt but I have no desire to own a car that doesn’t tick the boxes.

OP
OP
Garbone

Garbone

First Name
Gary
Threads
Reaction score
Vehicles
21 Mach E , 22 MachE, 62 C10 Big window long bed
Occupation
Loafer
Country flag
I canceled my star white premium awd extended after a test drive. The test car was beautiful but the run had no seat of the pants fun. Perhaps Ill test drive a gt but I have no desire to own a car that doesn’t tick the boxes.
We all have different boxes and expectations.

OP
OP
Garbone

Garbone

First Name
Gary
Threads
Reaction score
Vehicles
Occupation
Loafer
Country flag
Vinyl wrapped my Grizz in Vvivid Gloss White. Need to take a photo but but looks good and was easy even though I did a pretty shoddy job.

Annoyance, temp in the low 80s so went to work in the garage on a project. Had the windows down on the Mustang since we were going out later. Did not have the FoB as to avoid the random walk by chirps so instead got the random walk by interior motion sensor setting off the alarm. Reminder that keyless entry is nice, alarms not so much.

Have been hauling trailers and stuff with the 62' this week. $70+ to fill up and the bonus of stinking of gasoline. ? Sure I could have installed a smaller tank but then you just â›˝ pumping more often.

OP
OP
Garbone

Garbone

First Name
Gary
Threads
Reaction score
Vehicles
Occupation
Loafer
Country flag
So the Grizzl-E is still tripping out during the day. Not when charging but when I get home on sunny hot days it will be red. Reseat the 14-50 plug and it works fine, no charging issues. A bit annoying. My wrap job is my fault and I did a bad job.

IMG_20210413_072622.jpg

My ordered car was scheduled build last week. Not a peep from my dealer and no update on my reservation page but FordPass is giving me the activate button. Of course I pushed it but no joy as of yet.

Screenshot_20210413-103905.png

OP
OP
Garbone

Garbone

First Name
Gary
Threads
Reaction score
Vehicles
Occupation
Loafer
Country flag
Grizzl-E has degraded to the point of being useless. My 32 amp portable charger works the charm. Working on resolving the issue with UnitedChargers but have yet to get a response to my email.

Last week on Ford.com it showed my ordered car has been delayed until the week of June 29th. I received and email from FordMoCo with this same information yesterday. Today my sales guy from Mullinax called and said the inventory manager expect to take delivery of my car tomorrow. Checked Palsapp and it shows my car at speedway, no Jacksonville shipping invoice. I wonder if the car is here?

Mopey

First Name
John
Threads
Reaction score
Vehicles
21 MME GTPE, 22 Lightning Lariat
Country flag
Grizzl-E has degraded to the point of being useless. My 32 amp portable charger works the charm. Working on resolving the issue with UnitedChargers but have yet to get a response to my email.
When did you buy your Grizzl-E? Mine was doing the same as yours. Regardless of whether it was charging or not, it would regularly go from blue to red and start buzzing. It would reset to blue by cycling the power cable. (Then as some point, go red again.) Temperature wasn't a factor with mine. It happened in cold or warm. According to one of the other threads, apparently they had a bad batch of some component.

It took a couple of days for United to respond to the online request, but they very quickly sent a replacement unit that has worked flawlessly since.

Try [email protected]. She will send you the form to fill out.

OP
OP
Garbone

Garbone

First Name
Gary
Threads
Reaction score
Vehicles
Occupation
Loafer
Country flag
When did you buy your Grizzl-E? Mine was doing the same as yours. Regardless of whether it was charging or not, it would regularly go from blue to red and start buzzing. It would reset to blue by cycling the power cable. (Then as some point, go red again.) Temperature wasn't a factor with mine. It happened in cold or warm. According to one of the other threads, apparently they had a bad batch of some component.

It took a couple of days for United to respond to the online request, but they very quickly sent a replacement unit that has worked flawlessly since.

Try [email protected]. She will send you the form to fill out.
Thanks for sharing this, I will give them another day or so then send Anna an email. I think I spoke with her on the phone. It is a short week for them this week with Victoria Day , they are probably playing Monday catch up.

OP
OP
Garbone

Garbone

First Name
Gary
Threads
Reaction score
Vehicles
Occupation
Loafer
Country flag
Car did show up today. Wife said she needs to sleep on if we should buy it.

Amazing how low the inventory is at the Ford dealership.
Ford Mustang Mach-E My Mustang Purchase image_1
Ford Mustang Mach-E My Mustang Purchase image_0

Ford Mustang Mach-E My Mustang Purchase IMG_20210527_105932275_HDR

OP
OP
Garbone

Garbone

First Name
Gary
Threads
Reaction score
Vehicles
Occupation
Loafer
Country flag
Turned down delivery this morning so if anyone is looking Mullinax NSB has a Rapid Red Select 2wd with interior protection package on the lot.

OP
OP
Garbone

Garbone

First Name
Gary
Threads
Reaction score
Vehicles
Occupation
Loafer
Country flag
Went camping again last weekend. Love this car.
Ford Mustang Mach-E My Mustang Purchase IMG_20210605_161014100

Spoke with United Chargers about my defective Grizzl-E and they said I was schedule to have a replacement built and shipped withing another week..

Looks like they have a backlog.

OP
OP
Garbone

Garbone

First Name
Gary
Threads
Reaction score
Vehicles
Occupation
Loafer
Country flag
My Ford dealer just called and offered to sell me back my original charger in the box I brought it to them in all those months ago. Said they have a firmware fix and that it should work fine now. Debating attempting to get it at a discount. May call back and offer $400.

Kamuelaflyer

Threads
Reaction score
Vehicles
2021 Premium Infinite Blue. ER AWD. 2020 Raptor
Country flag
My Ford dealer just called and offered to sell me back my original charger in the box I brought it to them in all those months ago. Said they have a firmware fix and that it should work fine now. Debating attempting to get it at a discount. May call back and offer $400.
There was an update to the charger that is/was downloaded during the setup process or later if it's still installed. That part they're correct about. Good luck with the negotiations. ;)

OP
OP
Garbone

Garbone

First Name
Gary
Threads
Reaction score
Vehicles
Occupation
Loafer
Country flag
So just rolled over 4000 miles on our trip yesterday.

Here is the trip record info.

Ford Mustang Mach-E My Mustang Purchase IMG_20210612_222202987

Started at 100%, 305 on the GOM, half highway, half surface streets.

Finished.
Ford Mustang Mach-E My Mustang Purchase IMG_20210612_222210166

Rough numbers on the 4k miles fueling is $111 @ 11 cents/kw. @ 3.7 mile Kw . Fuel prices in the wife's Explorer for the same mileage would be over $550 and a $50 oil change.

BTW truck fest has traffic off the hook locally. Had one SOB hanging out his buddies 4x4 window talking smack last night. Just rolled up my window thinking "sure buddy, nothing says denial as much as pretty lights all up under you truck and fake testicles hanging from your receiver hitch."

DaveQ

First Name
Dave
Threads
Reaction score
Vehicles
Mach-E4X, HR-V, Insight, Maserati Levante S
Country flag
So just rolled over 4000 miles on our trip yesterday.

Here is the trip record info.

Started at 100%, 305 on the GOM, half highway, half surface streets.

Finished.

Rough numbers on the 4k miles fueling is $111 @ 11 cents/kw. @ 3.7 mile Kw . Fuel prices in the wife's Explorer for the same mileage would be over $550 and a $50 oil change.

BTW truck fest has traffic off the hook locally. Had one SOB hanging out his buddies 4x4 window talking smack last night. Just rolled up my window thinking "sure buddy, nothing says denial as much as pretty lights all up under you truck and fake testicles hanging from your receiver hitch."
Went through that truck fest last weekend too. Crazy stuff.