Jimrpa

First Name
Jim
Threads
Reaction score
Vehicles
2021 Infinite Blue Premium Mustang Mach E ER AWD
Occupation
Retied (formerly tried to herd highly technical, independent cats)
Country flag
Here’s how I have almost 100% success with PaaK (iPhone 12 Pro Max iOS 14.6)
Open FordPass to the home screen
If I see welcome lighting (parking lamps, pony’s) as I approach car, then all is good.
if no welcome lighting, then refresh app by pulling down and releasing to make sure it says Bluetooth connected
Unlock car with app (not needed if welcome lighting was provided)
Enter car
Place phone on charging mat (FordPass app still open )
Fasten seatbelt
Turn car on
Drive away

sometimes, while driving away, a no key detected alert may pop up on the instrument cluster for a few seconds. It can be safely ignored and will go away. Very rarely, when driving away, a prompt to enter the car password will come up on the main screen. This can be ignored and will go away.
Sponsored

ahawksfan

Threads
Reaction score
Vehicles
MME-GT
Occupation
IT
Country flag
Here's my formula:

Get the PaaK SSM applied.

That was all I had to do to get it to work all the time. No special steps....I just leave my iPhone in my pocket.
Is there someplace on the console or app you can go to sell the version of all components or at least the updates (with versions) that have been applied?

SnBGC

First Name
Greg
Threads
Reaction score
Vehicles
2021 Mach-E FE, 2021 Wrangler 4xe High Altitude
Occupation
Manager
Country flag
If I see welcome lighting (parking lamps, pony’s) as I approach car, then all is good.
Unfortunately that isn't the case for me. My car always recognizes my phone when I get near. Welcome lights turn on, puddle lights etc. That hasn't ever been a problem yet I still have to stand there pressing the button and hope the car opens. Almost always, I end up going back into the house to get the fob and then the door opens for me.

sometimes, while driving away, a no key detected alert may pop up on the instrument cluster for a few seconds. It can be safely ignored and will go away. Very rarely, when driving away, a prompt to enter the car password will come up on the main screen. This can be ignored and will go away.
This last part is correct as long as you don't place the vehicle in park.

Super glad it's working for you though. Shows that it is possible to have a functional phone as a key system for those that do want something like that.

machefan

Threads
Reaction score
Vehicles
RR FE 21', Leaf 18' and Bronco BadLands 2022
Occupation
IT
Country flag
Is there someplace on the console or app you can go to sell the version of all components or at least the updates (with versions) that have been applied?
RE: Get the PaaK SSM applied.

FYI

This update is dealer loaded only for now, not OTA.

OP
OP
Jimrpa

Jimrpa

First Name
Jim
Threads
Reaction score
Vehicles
Occupation
Country flag
Here's my formula:

Get the PaaK SSM applied.

That was all I had to do to get it to work all the time. No special steps....I just leave my iPhone in my pocket.
I have it applied ?

ChasingCoral

First Name
Mark
Threads
Reaction score
Vehicles
GB E4X FE, Leaf, Tacoma, F-150 Lightning ordered
Occupation
Retired oceanographer
Country flag
Here’s how I have almost 100% success with PaaK (iPhone 12 Pro Max iOS 14.6)
Open FordPass to the home screen
if no welcome lighting, then refresh app by pulling down and releasing to make sure it says Bluetooth connected
Unlock car with app (not needed if welcome lighting was provided)
Enter car
Place phone on charging mat (FordPass app still open )
Fasten seatbelt
Turn car on
Drive away

Similarly with my iPhone 12 Pro, if Marlin welcomes me all is good. If not, I normally press the button a couple of times and may have to pull the phone from my pocket and wake it. In the last month (since all SSMs applied) I never recall having to refresh the app or use the FordPass unlock button.

OP
OP
Jimrpa

Jimrpa

First Name
Jim
Threads
Reaction score
Vehicles
Occupation
Country flag
Similarly with my iPhone 12 Pro, if Marlin welcomes me all is good. If not, I normally press the button a couple of times and may have to pull the phone from my pocket and wake it. In the last month (since all SSMs applied) I never recall having to refresh the app or use the FordPass unlock button.
I’ll have to try the “pressing the door button multiple times” trick. My thought process was remote unlocking and ensuring the Bluetooth connection was there would wake the car up.

ChasingCoral

First Name
Mark
Threads
Reaction score
Vehicles
GB E4X FE, Leaf, Tacoma, F-150 Lightning ordered
Occupation
Retired oceanographer
Country flag
I’ll have to try the “pressing the door button multiple times” trick. My thought process was remote unlocking and ensuring the Bluetooth connection was there would wake the car up.
I think by pressing the round door open button multiple times, I achieve the brief delay while keeping my finger busy and making me feel like I did something other than just be impatient ?

Ford Mustang Mach-E My PaaK “Success” Formula Screen Shot 2021-06-11 at 5.46.24 PM

It's like pressing the button at the pedestrian crossing or elevator door multiple times despite seeing the light come on.
Sponsored