agoldman

Threads
Reaction score
Vehicles
GT Cyber Orange
Country flag
Basically, this is what the Mach E should have been from the beginning. My impressions of the GT is that it is like a more refined second year model with lots of little things. Like the First Edition, but mostly better in every way. Handles better, looks better, better finishes, more refined OS, (still some bugs though). Still a bit bouncy, but handles the bounciness like a champ. Much better control and easily noticeable. I prefer vthe ride feel of the GT. Everything has matured. Hard to point to one thing or another, but just overall, from the seats to the fit and finishes, the design of the Gt and of course the latest Sync and Blue Cruise updates feel like what I was hoping for all along.

As far as the cyber color, it's cool and shows off the lines, but it's not for everyone. (my widfe's not a fan) After the Grabbe Blue FE, I kind of like the change, but probably prefer the grabber as a color, and the next GT, if there is one, will probably be Dark Matter. Just for the different overall dark look. I have decided I like the GT wheels, especially on this color and won't be removing the aero.

Ford Mustang Mach-E My quick GT impressions after owning a First Edition for 9 months IMG_0975

I think my favorite parts are the seats and ultra suede door and trim panels. So much better. And as fast as the FE was, this feels faster to the point of making you nauseous if you hit it without concentrating at what's up ahead. There is also something different feeling about the power delivery. You wouldn't think it would feel that different, but it does. It's like a whole new model feeling. Like I said, a few weird bugs that the 1.71 sync didn't have, but far fewer than the prior long list from way back. Haven't quite yet established a comparable range assessment, but since it's getting coder daily, the FE had dropped off considerably from summer range already, so we'll see. Anyway, that's my quick take.
Sponsored

Peaceowl

First Name
Linda
Threads
Reaction score
Vehicles
Mach E GTPE, Audi Q5
Occupation
Retired
Country flag
Thnx for comparing. We just got the GT pe and I have to agree on the differences. Best described as more refined, and of course faster from the line. We had a Premium on order and switched out to the GT . I am loving it. a joy to drive.

I had fun today letting a few neighbors try out the pup, and boy they were shocked how fast it was. It was a kick watching their faces light up!? unbelievable, they all said! My only gripe is the range which will be lower than my previous order.

Jim Guthry

Threads
Reaction score
Vehicles
Mustang
Country flag
Already seeing 150 miles at 40 degrees on the GOM at 90% here. I never got to see the summer estimates!

Part of my reasoning for waiting for the GTPE was exactly what you described, I still got the car early-ish but they ironed out some of the kinks from the earliest deliveries. I have very few complaints, but I'm still hoping they open up more of the car (like more control over suspension, camera monitoring) w/ software

concept machine

First Name
Jim
Threads
Reaction score
Vehicles
GT350R, Tacoma TRD Pro, Escape, Veloster
Occupation
Business Owner
Country flag
did you get the PE? Did you have spacers in the suspension for the magnaride? those need to be taken out. Sometimes the dealers forget to take them out. makes suspension rough.

Mach Daddy

First Name
M
Threads
Reaction score
Vehicles
Mach E GT, Land Rover Discovery, F-150 Lightnin
Country flag
Basically, this is what the Mach E should have been from the beginning. My impressions of the GT is that it is like a more refined second year model with lots of little things. Like the First Edition, but mostly better in every way. Handles better, looks better, better finishes, more refined OS, (still some bugs though). Still a bit bouncy, but handles the bounciness like a champ. Much better control and easily noticeable. I prefer vthe ride feel of the GT. Everything has matured. Hard to point to one thing or another, but just overall, from the seats to the fit and finishes, the design of the Gt and of course the latest Sync and Blue Cruise updates feel like what I was hoping for all along.

As far as the cyber color, it's cool and shows off the lines, but it's not for everyone. (my widfe's not a fan) After the Grabbe Blue FE, I kind of like the change, but probably prefer the grabber as a color, and the next GT, if there is one, will probably be Dark Matter. Just for the different overall dark look. I have decided I like the GT wheels, especially on this color and won't be removing the aero.

Ford Mustang Mach-E My quick GT impressions after owning a First Edition for 9 months IMG_0975

I think my favorite parts are the seats and ultra suede door and trim panels. So much better. And as fast as the FE was, this feels faster to the point of making you nauseous if you hit it without concentrating at what's up ahead. There is also something different feeling about the power delivery. You wouldn't think it would feel that different, but it does. It's like a whole new model feeling. Like I said, a few weird bugs that the 1.71 sync didn't have, but far fewer than the prior long list from way back. Haven't quite yet established a comparable range assessment, but since it's getting coder daily, the FE had dropped off considerably from summer range already, so we'll see. Anyway, that's my quick take.
Brave. I didn’t want to be the one to say it. However I would have said that the earlier versions were betas (which they were). Makes me nervous since I have a very early rez for the Lightning, well within the 12k that Ford plans to build next year.

HuntingPudel

First Name
Steve
Threads
Reaction score
Vehicles
2021 MME GT-PE, 1979 Fire-Am, 1972 K/5 Blazer
Occupation
Engineering
Country flag
Thanks for your impressions. Even though I don’t have a MME yet it’s nice to see first-hand information like that.

I have a not-so-sneaking suspicion based off of my education in aeronautics that the wheel covers on the GT make up the bulk of the difference in range between the GT and the GT-PE. ??

highland58

First Name
Dave
Threads
Reaction score
Vehicles
2021 Mach-E GT, 2023 Bolt EUV, 2018 F150 XLT
Occupation
IT Solutions Architect
Country flag
It is tempting to upgrade from my FE to a GTPE, if I could find one for sale now with minimal or no ADM. I would like the magneride, and the additional pep would be nice. I have not had any real issues with my FE, but I like the idea that they would be more refined after building them for almost a year now. I have not been paying attention, how long is it taking from online order to delivery for these now? After waiting 14 months for my FE, I don't want to go through another long wait if I ordered one.

mburtsvt

First Name
Michael
Threads
Reaction score
Vehicles
Just 1 Rapid Red Mach-E
Occupation
Retired
Country flag
I had a chance to demo a GTPE at a local dealership, (they had a decline with a $6k ADM on it). I have had my FE since April and the sales guy knew I would be interested in a GT , (he sold me my FE and took my 2019 Mustang GT on trade) if one showed up.

I would agree that the GTPE is one hell of a car, but……the $68,890 MSRP, ( plus the ADM), was a stop, (this time), for me. For what I paid for the FE, (around $56K as I recall), I could not see the value for the GTPE - no matter how great it was.

There could be a time when I could rationalize it, but not right now. Still love my FE.

shark

First Name
David
Threads
Reaction score
Vehicles
Mach E GT
Country flag
The GT wheels are starting to grow on my wife as well. At first she wanted to replace them but now she says she likes them.

ARK

Threads
Reaction score
Vehicles
Mustang Mach E
Country flag
I really like the GT wheels, they have grown on me too, I didn’t like them at all at first but now I think they are the best wheels offered on the Mach-E. Congratulations!

Kevin P

Threads
Reaction score
Vehicles
'21 MMEGT - sold, '23 BMW i4 M50, various others
Occupation
IT
Country flag
I'll be the third to say the GT wheels have grown on me as well. Would still prefer the GTPE wheels but I like the GT wheels much more than when I first got the car.

Elmn8r

First Name
Logan
Threads
Reaction score
Vehicles
2021 Ford Mustang GTPE Star White
Country flag
I'll be the third to say the GT wheels have grown on me as well. Would still prefer the GTPE wheels but I like the GT wheels much more than when I first got the car.

Whomever designed and approved the GT PE wheels have NEVER done a proper cleaning on a wheel. Holy chit at the tight angles and crevices. Did mine for the first time last week. What a PITA…

phil

Threads
Reaction score
Vehicles
LS400
Country flag
Whomever designed and approved the GT PE wheels have NEVER done a proper cleaning on a wheel. Holy chit at the tight angles and crevices. Did mine for the first time last week. What a PITA…
They were not designed for cleaning. They were designed for selling.

Whatstreet

Banned
Banned
Threads
Reaction score
Vehicles
Chevrolet Volt, Ford Expedition
Occupation
Electronics Engineer
Country flag
There wont be brake dust like there is with most cars. Would a pressure washer work for wheel cleaning?

Angelnx1985

First Name
Anjel
Threads
Reaction score
Vehicles
Mustang Mach-e
Country flag
Thanks for sharing your thoughts! I have a FE and unfortunately it's been at the dealership service for 3+ months with a major defect that prevents 12v battery getting its charge. It may gotten to the point to where we would have to execute lemon law and will be seeking the GT. I like the orange color, but the grabber blue urks it better for me by a hair. I will soon find out what Ford says this coming Monday.
Sponsored