Lee
Threads
Reaction score
Vehicles
2021 Ford Mustang Mach E Grabber Blue First Editio
Occupation
Sales
Country flag
Hey all this morning my main screen went completely black. The touch panel works just can't see anything. The screen turns on when in reverse but camera is totally glitchy. Anyone seeing this yet?
Sponsored

MailGuy

Threads
Reaction score
Vehicles
Bolt Premier, Mini Cooper SE, Mustang Mach E FE
Country flag
Once, months ago. Rebooting sync (holding volume down while holding right seek) fixed it for me.

DaMeatMan

First Name
Joe
Threads
Reaction score
Vehicles
Mustang Mach-E Premium AWD Extended Range Battery
Country flag
Hey all this morning my main screen went completely black. The touch panel works just can't see anything. The screen turns on when in reverse but camera is totally glitchy. Anyone seeing this yet?

This started happening to me this week, and although I can reset sync with volume down + right track buttons, it seems to be occurring almost every day now. Today it happened after I dropped off the kids at school, and I decided to just keep driving without resetting it. When I arrived home in our underground parking garage, I realized that the screen was not off, but actually the back light was so dim that it appears to be off (particularly with dark mode enabled). So I went into the screen settings and tried to increase the brightness, but it had absolutely no effect whatsoever, even dimming the brightness slider had zero effect. After resetting Sync with the two button combo, I realized that when the screen comes back on it appears to be at MAX brightness, as in far brighter than the normal slider buttons would normally allow.

Hopefully Ford is already aware of this issue and it can be cleared up in the newest OTA that is slowly rolling out now.

benk016

First Name
Ben
Threads
Reaction score
Vehicles
2021 Mustang Mach-E GT
Country flag
So far, we have seen this while your car is in the middle of installing 1.7.1 OTA. If it doesn't complete fully, it has a mismatched configuration file and base software and it causes the brightness issue. Once your update fully completes, it should resolve this issue.

Others have stated using the brightness control by the headlight switch brings it back to normal brightness as a workaround until its finished installing.

dtbaker61

First Name
Dan
Threads
Reaction score
Website
www.envirokarma.org
Vehicles
MME (delivered 2/26/21), DIY eMiata BEV
Occupation
Solar Sales/install
Country flag
This started happening to me this week, and although I can reset sync with volume down + right track buttons, it seems to be occurring almost every day now. Today it happened after I dropped off the kids at school, and I decided to just keep driving without resetting it. When I arrived home in our underground parking garage, I realized that the screen was not off, but actually the back light was so dim that it appears to be off (particularly with dark mode enabled). So I went into the screen settings and tried to increase the brightness, but it had absolutely no effect whatsoever, even dimming the brightness slider had zero effect. After resetting Sync with the two button combo, I realized that when the screen comes back on it appears to be at MAX brightness, as in far brighter than the normal slider buttons would normally allow.

Hopefully Ford is already aware of this issue and it can be cleared up in the newest OTA that is slowly rolling out now.
my console screen went black a couple times shortly after I got it; usually when I parked facing south and the back of the console was in the sun. I brought it into Dealer, and they had a Ford Field Rep come to verify.... they ended up replacing the monitor, a couple modules, and updated everything at the Dealership.

What the Ford Field Engr said was 'the screen should never go black, if it does, it probably needs to be replaced'.
Sponsored