Zule
Threads
Reaction score
Vehicles
21' Job1 P4X MME, 22' MYP
Occupation
Implementation Engineer
Country flag
Figured I'd share. Obviously, one is not like the other (even though the colors are so close it's not funny). For my wife we opt'd to go with a 2022 Tesla Model Y Performance. It's far far faster, cheaper (at least when I ordered??) and *different* complared to the Mach-E. I decided primarily I didn't want to have more than one of the same car because you never know when a recall (HVBJB, Bolt Batteries, etc) is going to cripple a model in some way and I thought it best not to have all your eggs in one basket. Regardless wanted to post something... I'm certainly still a Mach-E guy, I just like both.

Ford Mustang Mach-E My stable is now completely EV stable
Sponsored

Logal727

First Name
C
Threads
Reaction score
Vehicles
‘21 Carbonized Gray Mustang Mach-E Premium AWD Ext
Country flag
Figured I'd share. Obviously, one is not like the other (even though the colors are so close it's not funny). For my wife we opt'd to go with a 2022 Tesla Model Y Performance. It's far far faster, cheaper (at least when I ordered??) and *different* complared to the Mach-E. I decided primarily I didn't want to have more than one of the same car because you never know when a recall (KVBJB, Bolt Batteries, etc) is going to cripple a model in some way and I thought it best not to have all your eggs in one basket. Regardless wanted to post something... I'm certainly still a Mach-E guy, I just like both.

Ford Mustang Mach-E My stable is now completely EV stable
Cheaper than a GTPE, the MYP is definitely a quick car, the tech is nice when we test drove it, but we liked the MME so much better, felt like a car still, if that makes sense.

OP
OP
ZuleMME

ZuleMME

First Name
Zule
Threads
Reaction score
Vehicles
Occupation
Implementation Engineer
Country flag
Cheaper than a GTPE, the MYP is definitely a quick car, the tech is nice when we test drove it, but we liked the MME so much better, felt like a car still, if that makes sense.
Yep, it certainly handles differently. But honestly not as different as I expected. It's a little tighter (sport-wise) and feels more controlled in high speed corners to me than the floatyness of the Mach-E (likely far more comparable to the GTPE). The Premium Mach-E feels more floaty and "soft" which is nice sometimes, but granted I came from a BMW and Porsche so honestly I really like how the MYP feels as well.

joebruin77

First Name
Joe
Threads
Reaction score
Vehicles
'18 Tesla Model 3 Perf, '22 Mach E GTPE
Country flag
Congrats on your new Tesla. I made a similar choice. I have had a Tesla P3D since Dec 2018 and have loved it. I have a 2022 MME GTPE on order for my wife. It is supposed to arrive in mid July. Hopefully the safety recall update will happen quickly and won't delay delivery too much.

I'll be very curious to compare the overall experience of both EV's. I think I will like the build quality of the MME but will prefer the tech and Supercharger network of the Tesla. But it will be nice to have Apple Carplay in the MME!

Not sure what your charging set up is like, but at first, I purchased an adapter so my wife could charge the MME using my Tesla Gen 2 Wall Connector. But then I read that you cannot adjust the amp level of the charge, which means the MME would draw the max 48 amps. There are many times I want to reduce the amp level, so I bought a Juicebox J1772 EVSE for the MME. That way I can set her car to a much lower amp setting if needed.

Mathington

Threads
Reaction score
Vehicles
Mach-E Premium SR AWD
Country flag
Wow, I'm shocked that the Tesla was cheaper than the Ford, especially considering the tax rebates! The Model Y is a great car, but I also prefer the Mach-E. I agree that it's good to have different models so you aren't out of a vehicle in the event of a major recall.

OP
OP
ZuleMME

ZuleMME

First Name
Zule
Threads
Reaction score
Vehicles
Occupation
Implementation Engineer
Country flag
Congrats on your new Tesla. I made a similar choice. I have had a Tesla P3D since Dec 2018 and have loved it. I have a 2022 MME GTPE on order for my wife. It is supposed to arrive in mid July. Hopefully the safety recall update will happen quickly and won't delay delivery too much.

I'll be very curious to compare the overall experience of both EV's. I think I will like the build quality of the MME but will prefer the tech and Supercharger network of the Tesla. But it will be nice to have Apple Carplay in the MME!

Not sure what your charging set up is like, but at first, I purchased an adapter so my wife could charge the MME using my Tesla Gen 2 Wall Connector. But then I read that you cannot adjust the amp level of the charge, which means the MME would draw the max 48 amps. There are many times I want to reduce the amp level, so I bought a Juicebox J1772 EVSE for the MME. That way I can set her car to a much lower amp setting if needed.
I have a OpenEVSE for the Mach-E and absolutely LOVE the ability to know how much power I put in exactly (including overhead; not excluding). My plan for the Tesla was to start out with the mobile charger using a Neocharge to split my 14-50 output between the vehicles. But I'm honestly dissapointed in my first charge on the Tesla how it reports data. I need to get some more experience to know if it'll matter. My goal is to track *my* energy costs added at home so I can track my actual average cost per mile (like I do on the Mach-E).

Wow, I'm shocked that the Tesla was cheaper than the Ford, especially considering the tax rebates! The Model Y is a great car, but I also prefer the Mach-E. I agree that it's good to have different models so you aren't out of a vehicle in the event of a major recall.
Including federal rebate you are right, the Mach-E could have been a pinch cheaper, but barely by the time Ford finished nickle and diming you for everything on the GT.

Mathington

Threads
Reaction score
Vehicles
Mach-E Premium SR AWD
Country flag
I have a OpenEVSE for the Mach-E and absolutely LOVE the ability to know how much power I put in exactly (including overhead; not excluding). My plan for the Tesla was to start out with the mobile charger using a Neocharge to split my 14-50 output between the vehicles. But I'm honestly dissapointed in my first charge on the Tesla how it reports data. I need to get some more experience to know if it'll matter. My goal is to track *my* energy costs added at home so I can track my actual average cost per mile (like I do on the Mach-E).

Including federal rebate you are right, the Mach-E could have been a pinch cheaper, but barely by the time Ford finished nickle and diming you for everything on the GT.
Very true, and that may not account for dealer mark ups.

HuntingPudel

First Name
Steve
Threads
Reaction score
Vehicles
2021 MME GT-PE, 1979 Fire-Am, 1972 K/5 Blazer
Occupation
Engineering
Country flag
Congrats on the new EV! Not a bad idea to have multiple manufacturers on these. 😊🐩

joebruin77

First Name
Joe
Threads
Reaction score
Vehicles
'18 Tesla Model 3 Perf, '22 Mach E GTPE
Country flag

GABAR

Threads
Reaction score
Vehicles
Bronco
Country flag
Can’t wait to read about your range experience with both of them.
Sponsored