Sid
Threads
Reaction score
Vehicles
2022 Mustang Mach E & 2021 Ford F-150 Lariat Super
Occupation
Retired
Country flag
Brought home my new 2022 MME Premium AWD extended batteries. Bought it 2 weeks ago but they had to replace large computer screen. Drove 70 kms after purchase to a free level 3 charging station to try it out. Worked good but took 20 minutes to bring charge back up to 80% again. Temperature was just above freezing. Yesterday drove 95 kms one way for some shopping. Left home with batteries at 85%. Driving into a strong north wind at 100 kmh was shocked at how fast the battery depleted and how bad the wind noise was. We traded in a 2022 Ford Bronco soft top that would have been quieter in these conditions. Of course coming home we had the wind at our back and used a lot less juice but I was still at 20% after a 190km trip. Again temperature just above freezing. Indicated I was using 33 kWH/100KM. Very quite inside coming home. Thereā€™s a bad stretch of highway with frequent cracks and tar strips and was surprised at the thumping and harshness over these strips. Stereo was good on usb stick and FM but sucks on Sirrus. No surprise there. Was very disappointed in blue cruise. I have it on my 2021 Ford F-150 and itā€™s not perfect but itā€™s okay. The Mach E steering wheel was continually moving with the blue cruise engaged. Driving into the wind I just cancelled it as it was too annoying and actually scary. Coming home with wind at our back it would still move around the lane too much. Love the instant power. Headlights totally different than what Iā€™m used to. They have a distinct cutoff line across the total width of the beam. Okay, just not used to it. Our F-150 has adaptive ledā€˜s and they are the best ever. Very impressed with the a.s. Michelins on snow and ice. No ambient lighting of any kind in the back seat area surprised me. Made an appointment with Ford when I got home to check out the wind noise, actually wind howl! Could have had an appointment today but service manager gone to Dominican until next week. I know him personally so will wait for his return. Had already installed the Ford level 2 charger at home and so far it works good and charges about 30kms per hour. Garage is at +10c. Wish there was a setting for a 1 time warmup and precondition on the app. If there is I havenā€™t found it. It was built in March of 2022 so it has the HVBJB that is giving some owners nightmares. Fingers crossed! Sorry for the metric talk but Iā€™m too lazy to convert for our American friends. Iā€™m retired and just donā€™t have the time!!!
Sponsored