prius2pony

First Name
Jeff
Threads
Reaction score
Vehicles
Mach-e Premium First Edition
Country flag
So here’s my (somewhat cautionary—though ultimately happy) tale. Back in the summer, after ordering a Premium, I got in on the Mach Drop for a Grabber Blue First Edition. Yay! It got to the dealer Wednesday. I’m really new to most of this world of paint protection, but read on the forums about ceramic coating. My dealer—actually the manager of the dealership—also said it’s great to do, and he’d do it to the car even if I turned it down after my Thursday test drive. So we agreed he should do it Thursday morning in their detailing shop before I came for my test drive. The car looks AWESOME!

However, by the time Thursday drive time came, I had also learned about “Clear Bra” or Paint Protection Film. When I arrived for the test drive I asked him about it, and he said they did it for the majority of customers’ cars. “Great”, I thought.

Test drive was wonderful, and—importantly, I got it home and confirmed it would fit in my garage. Yay! Meanwhile, while at home I read more in forums and other sources that PPF should go on first, then ceramic coating. (Uh-oh.) I brought this up with dealer when I returned the car. He said, “no worries”, the place we use will be able to clean up the coating to ensure a good adhesive of the film, then he would have his detail shop reapply the ceramic coating on top (as all sources said should be the proper sequence)—at no charge for the second coating application.

All good by me, so I bought the car then.

Next day (this morning), I met him at the PPF place near the dealership, the head guy there showed me cars in their bays with the PPF, and confirmed they would do the process as dealer described (clean up the existing coating to get a solid adherence of film).

I agreed to all this, and I’m confident that it’s going to be great, even though it’s going to be extra steps overall.

So, I had about 10 miles of test drive, bought the car, but it’s going to be deep into next week before I get to bring it home. Good thing I’m a patient sort.

CC2D0294-C4D5-4A03-8E17-052D32210C8B.jpeg
Sponsored

TTT

First Name
Tom
Threads
Reaction score
Vehicles
DMC-12, 75 Monza, 17 Volt, 22 MMe Prem. ordered
Occupation
Imagineer
Country flag
Ceramic Pro currently has an instant self healing PPF, no heat or sunlight required. I saw a demo last week though of a new product they are about to debut however of a new film, with traditional healing, but with the ceramic coating already infused onto the top of the film. Once the film is installed there is no need to do a second step to do a ceramic coating, nor do you need to worry if the ceramic you choose is compatible with your PPF, and how long it will last.

Both the PPF itself and the Ceramic coating are guaranteed for 12 years, with a transferrable warranty. While this film will cost more than some other PPFs, it should cost significantly less than a PPF followed by a Ceramic application, and it will last a lot longer.

And for anyone who has ever dealt with multiple vendors working on the same project - you know how valuable it can be to have a sole source solution and a single warranty. IF anything ever does go wrong, there is no finger pointing - where the Ceramic guys blame the PPF for an improper substrate or the PPF guys blame the Ceramic coating for damaging the film.

The product is about to debut - in the meantime their other products can be found at:

https://ceramicpro.com/kavaca/paint-protection-film/

kdryden99

First Name
Richard
Threads
Reaction score
Vehicles
Nissan Sentra Spec-V, Infinite Blue Mach E4X Prem
Country flag
Stek already has this ceramic infuse PPF. That's what I put on my car in april. It's their DynoShield product
Sponsored