Woeo

First Name
Woeo
Threads
Reaction score
Vehicles
Fusion Energi
Country flag
Did Koons F&I offer you Options as a financing choice?
Were they aware of the Assisted Driving hardware disclosure credit?
Sponsored

OP
OP
ChasingCoral

ChasingCoral

First Name
Mark
Threads
Reaction score
Vehicles
GB E4X FE, Leaf, Tacoma, F-150 Lightning ordered
Occupation
Retired oceanographer
Country flag
Did Koons F&I offer you Options as a financing choice?
Were they aware of the Assisted Driving hardware disclosure credit?
Purchase will be tomorrow. I’ll know more about these questions then.

tomterky

First Name
E
Threads
Reaction score
Vehicles
2010 Mustang Pony Edition Convertible; 2021 Mach E
Country flag
Purchase will be tomorrow. I’ll know more about these questions then.
My dealer Hudson Ford had no idea what the $100 incentive was and are "looking into it." They also forgot on the first purchase agreement to add in the $500 from when I ordered it. They even offered me a job to be their MME salesperson. I knew more about it than they did. Worst of all, I couldn't take it home tonight because it has to be at 100% charge. It's plugged into a regular 120volt at the dealership!!

VegStang

First Name
Leo
Threads
Reaction score
Vehicles
Volvo C40 Recharge, 2021 MME
Occupation
Artist, animal rights activist
Country flag
Congrats, looking forward to your write-up. Seems fitting that you received your car before a lot of us have ;)

Glad to see that there were not any surprises (bumps or bruises) on Marlin with all the delay and back and forth.

Darken

First Name
Michael
Threads
Reaction score
Vehicles
2017 Prius Prime, 2021 Mach-E Grabber Blue FE
Country flag
Congratulations! So glad it finally made it to your dealer and you certainly made the most of your first ride! Looking forward to your further posts since mine seems to still be a long way off.

Eventually there will be quite a few Grabber Blue's on the East Coast.

Enjoy!

wmaney

First Name
Wade
Threads
Reaction score
Vehicles
Mach-e GTPE, daughter drives Ford Focus Titanium
Country flag
Day 0: Tuesday 9 February

Vehicle Visibility hadn't showed any changes since Marlin, my Grabber Blue First Edition, arrived in Wilmington, DE on the 5th. This morning, my dealer, Narh, at Koons Silver Spring Ford/Lincoln called this morning to tell me the car had just been unloaded. I asked him if they could prep it so I could come by this afternoon to check it out and squeeze in a quick photo session and test drive.

Unfortunately, I had to rush home for a meeting at 5:00 and another at 7:00. We'll pick Marlin up tomorrow afternoon.

They hadn't finished cleanup, etc. but I talked them into letting me get a few shots in the sunshine since we'll have gray skies and snow coming for the next several days. I also talked them into me taking Marlin it for a test drive. Picture 1 is my new avatar shot with Marlin in the sun.

Ford Mustang Mach-E My Travels With Marlin (GB FE) 1612934324526

One little oddity. After we did the quick paperwork for me to do the test drive, I walked back to the car and pressed the button to open the door. It didn't open. I tried a few times, then pressed the unlock button on the fob and the door opened when I pressed the button -- odd. I wonder if some of the irregular opening with PAAK might be happening with fobs, too?

First up was trying to activate Marlin in Ford Pass. I did the phone part, responded on the Sync screen, but it didn't fully activate until after I got home. I successfully paired my iPhone with the Sync -- that was easy. After setting mirrors and position it was time for a quick quick spin.

Quick quick spin? Not a typo. I didn't have long and made the best of it. The Mach E is fast.

The picture below is my very unofficial, self-timed 0-60. I'll believe Ford's stats!

After lots of driving with traffic then jackrabbiting ahead, I held 50 mph around a pair of 35 mph ramps and was pushing my limits more than the car's.

60-90 was effortless. I broke 80 repeatedly without trying as I hopped around and passed commuters heading north out of town. Really glad I had slowed down during that section coming back to the dealership when I passed the cop who was sitting at the side of the road! I do like having Waze up on the big screen using Apple Car Play ;)

The seats could use more bolster when hitting curves hard but they'll be fine for 99% of driving. They are really comfy, though! Ford just needs to put more appropriate seats in the GT.

I understand the comments folks made about motion sickness. I went straight into testing Marlin in Unbridled One-Pedal-Drive and hitting it hard. After a fast set of twisties I think I left my stomach in a mailbox I went past. It came back quickly, though.

The B&O sound system is great and I was pumped when I hit a section I had planned to drive hard just as Kanye's Power came on. Having Spotify native in Apple Car Play was great, too. I tossed the Forum's collaborative Mach E playlist (Unbridled) in for background music. I mixed up the drive between stereo and Propulsion Sounds on, Propulsion Sounds only, and no artificial sounds. It was actually pretty cool to hear the whine of the electric motors as the OPD accelerated and decelerated.

Sorry, I can't answer lots more questions -- yet. I will be driving a lot more Friday and Saturday.

We're supposed to get some snow starting tomorrow night. Hopefully I can find a snowy, unplowed lot Thursday morning for some snowy donut traction testing!

Coming attractions: Road trip to Florida commences in 2-1/2 weeks!

I'll close with a pic of Marlin alone:

Congratulations - enjoy the ride and the tunes!

Ravensfan1996

First Name
Rick
Threads
Reaction score
Vehicles
2021 Mustang Mach E
Country flag
Day 0: Tuesday 9 February

Vehicle Visibility hadn't showed any changes since Marlin, my Grabber Blue First Edition, arrived in Wilmington, DE on the 5th. This morning, my dealer, Narh, at Koons Silver Spring Ford/Lincoln called this morning to tell me the car had just been unloaded. I asked him if they could prep it so I could come by this afternoon to check it out and squeeze in a quick photo session and test drive.

Unfortunately, I had to rush home for a meeting at 5:00 and another at 7:00. We'll pick Marlin up tomorrow afternoon.

They hadn't finished cleanup, etc. but I talked them into letting me get a few shots in the sunshine since we'll have gray skies and snow coming for the next several days. I also talked them into me taking Marlin it for a test drive. Picture 1 is my new avatar shot with Marlin in the sun.

One little oddity. After we did the quick paperwork for me to do the test drive, I walked back to the car and pressed the button to open the door. It didn't open. I tried a few times, then pressed the unlock button on the fob and the door opened when I pressed the button -- odd. I wonder if some of the irregular opening with PAAK might be happening with fobs, too?

First up was trying to activate Marlin in Ford Pass. I did the phone part, responded on the Sync screen, but it didn't fully activate until after I got home. I successfully paired my iPhone with the Sync -- that was easy. After setting mirrors and position it was time for a quick quick spin.

Quick quick spin? Not a typo. I didn't have long and made the best of it. The Mach E is fast.

The picture below is my very unofficial, self-timed 0-60. I'll believe Ford's stats!

After lots of driving with traffic then jackrabbiting ahead, I held 50 mph around a pair of 35 mph ramps and was pushing my limits more than the car's.

60-90 was effortless. I broke 80 repeatedly without trying as I hopped around and passed commuters heading north out of town. Really glad I had slowed down during that section coming back to the dealership when I passed the cop who was sitting at the side of the road! I do like having Waze up on the big screen using Apple Car Play ;)

The seats could use more bolster when hitting curves hard but they'll be fine for 99% of driving. They are really comfy, though! Ford just needs to put more appropriate seats in the GT.

I understand the comments folks made about motion sickness. I went straight into testing Marlin in Unbridled One-Pedal-Drive and hitting it hard. After a fast set of twisties I think I left my stomach in a mailbox I went past. It came back quickly, though.

The B&O sound system is great and I was pumped when I hit a section I had planned to drive hard just as Kanye's Power came on. Having Spotify native in Apple Car Play was great, too. I tossed the Forum's collaborative Mach E playlist (Unbridled) in for background music. I mixed up the drive between stereo and Propulsion Sounds on, Propulsion Sounds only, and no artificial sounds. It was actually pretty cool to hear the whine of the electric motors as the OPD accelerated and decelerated.

Sorry, I can't answer lots more questions -- yet. I will be driving a lot more Friday and Saturday.

We're supposed to get some snow starting tomorrow night. Hopefully I can find a snowy, unplowed lot Thursday morning for some snowy donut traction testing!

Coming attractions: Road trip to Florida commences in 2-1/2 weeks!

I'll close with a pic of Marlin alone:

I work just down the street from there, 29 is always crawling with cops, be careful! Congrats. Did they have their demos in yet?

Cobra95Kev

First Name
Kevin
Threads
Reaction score
Vehicles
2011 Ford Edge
Country flag
Congrats man,
Your my type of guy! Straight for the 0-60 time!
I guess electric is not like an ice in that you have to take it easy for the first several hundred miles.
The palsapp website shows mine was delivered last night. Hope to take home a carbonized grey later today.

Thanks for the write up,
Kevin C.

machefan

Threads
Reaction score
Vehicles
RR FE 21', Leaf 18' and Bronco BadLands 2022
Occupation
IT
Country flag
Congrats, we both pick up today!

will post a similar review later today or tomorrow. My “finance slot” appointment is 1:30 so hopefully they figure out the non EV tax and driver assist. Anyone got the driver assist document handy?
Sponsored