MJ
Threads
Reaction score
Vehicles
Mach E GT Grabber Blue; BMW 328i Convertible
Occupation
Business
Country flag
Today I finally got to bring home Titan's Steed!! I had the front windows tinted and added side window deflectors.

IMG_20210210_191909.jpg
Nice - i assume that is the black? Look sharp with the window tint. Now you need blacked out wheels

BadgerGreg

First Name
Greg
Threads
Reaction score
Vehicles
2023 Mach E Premium RWD SR and 2022 BMW i4 M50
Occupation
Engineer
Country flag
Today I finally got to bring home Titan's Steed!! I had the front windows tinted and added side window deflectors.
The black looks good! Although I like most of the MME color options, I've always preferred black. Enjoy turning some heads!

Liv

First Name
Liv
Threads
Reaction score
Vehicles
1998 RAV4 Art Car
Occupation
BioCAD Engineer
Country flag
Day 0: Tuesday 9 February

Vehicle Visibility hadn't showed any changes since Marlin, my Grabber Blue First Edition, arrived in Wilmington, DE on the 5th. This morning, my dealer, Narh, at Koons Silver Spring Ford/Lincoln called this morning to tell me the car had just been unloaded. I asked him if they could prep it so I could come by this afternoon to check it out and squeeze in a quick photo session and test drive.

Unfortunately, I had to rush home for a meeting at 5:00 and another at 7:00. We'll pick Marlin up tomorrow afternoon.

They hadn't finished cleanup, etc. but I talked them into letting me get a few shots in the sunshine since we'll have gray skies and snow coming for the next several days. I also talked them into me taking Marlin it for a test drive. Picture 1 is my new avatar shot with Marlin in the sun.

IMG_4313.jpeg

One little oddity. After we did the quick paperwork for me to do the test drive, I walked back to the car and pressed the button to open the door. It didn't open. I tried a few times, then pressed the unlock button on the fob and the door opened when I pressed the button -- odd. I wonder if some of the irregular opening with PAAK might be happening with fobs, too?

First up was trying to activate Marlin in Ford Pass. I did the phone part, responded on the Sync screen, but it didn't fully activate until after I got home. I successfully paired my iPhone with the Sync -- that was easy. After setting mirrors and position it was time for a quick quick spin.

Quick quick spin? Not a typo. I didn't have long and made the best of it. The Mach E is fast.

The picture below is my very unofficial, self-timed 0-60. I'll believe Ford's stats!

IMG_6611.PNG

After lots of driving with traffic then jackrabbiting ahead, I held 50 mph around a pair of 35 mph ramps and was pushing my limits more than the car's.

60-90 was effortless. I broke 80 repeatedly without trying as I hopped around and passed commuters heading north out of town. Really glad I had slowed down during that section coming back to the dealership when I passed the cop who was sitting at the side of the road! I do like having Waze up on the big screen using Apple Car Play ;)

IMG_6608.jpeg

The seats could use more bolster when hitting curves hard but they'll be fine for 99% of driving. They are really comfy, though! Ford just needs to put more appropriate seats in the GT.

I understand the comments folks made about motion sickness. I went straight into testing Marlin in Unbridled One-Pedal-Drive and hitting it hard. After a fast set of twisties I think I left my stomach in a mailbox I went past. It came back quickly, though.

The B&O sound system is great and I was pumped when I hit a section I had planned to drive hard just as Kanye's Power came on. Having Spotify native in Apple Car Play was great, too. I tossed the Forum's collaborative Mach E playlist (Unbridled) in for background music. I mixed up the drive between stereo and Propulsion Sounds on, Propulsion Sounds only, and no artificial sounds. It was actually pretty cool to hear the whine of the electric motors as the OPD accelerated and decelerated.

Sorry, I can't answer lots more questions -- yet. I will be driving a lot more Friday and Saturday.

We're supposed to get some snow starting tomorrow night. Hopefully I can find a snowy, unplowed lot Thursday morning for some snowy donut traction testing!

Coming attractions: Road trip to Florida commences in 2-1/2 weeks!

I'll close with a pic of Marlin alone:

IMG_6596.jpeg
This is awesome!! Congratulations! Can't wait to hear about your upcoming road trip!!! Just the day and a half we spent in one makes me want to road trip soooooo badly! I think it will be SO smooth and comfy for long rides.

Prashantsukhs

Banned
Banned
First Name
Prashant
Threads
Reaction score
Vehicles
Mach e
Country flag
Day 1: Wednesday 10 February
He's mine! Marlin is all mine (ok, and my wife's).

I went to Koons Ford this afternoon and started the inspection process. I put together an inspection list I started using (https://www.macheforum.com/site/threads/delivery-pickup-checklist.3286/post-104799) and made it about 1/3 of the way through and found an item needing repair as well as ran out of time. It seems one of the holes in the bottom of the frame had been ripped out (transport hook perhaps).

Here's the ripped hole:
IMG_6617.jpeg

My biggest concern was the jagged metal hanging out. My dealer Narh had the service manager come out to check it and while I drove home to pick up my wife they cut out the offending metal:
IMG_6621.jpeg

I may file the edges a little more but it should be fine. No other problems found.

When I got back the "twins" were together one last time.
IMG_6620.jpeg

Marlin is in the foreground. His doppelgänger will soon be picked up by a Dr. from DC. These were the two Mach Es ordered through Koons Silver Spring.

The buying process was handled well. It was slow as it always is.
Good news: Qualified for the 0.9% APR financing. I didn't go for Options as Maryland only gets $1000 bonus cash on options, so it doesn't make up for going up to 2.25% like those states that get the $2500. Also, my dealer knew nothing about Options -- no surprise. I'll educate him but I wasn't going to use it anyway.
Bad news: I learned that if by getting the cheap Ford rates like 0.9%, I didn't qualify for the $100 active driver assist cash. Apparently the two don't stack.
Not great news: No surprise but they didn't want to give us much for our 2016 Nissan Leaf. We had a $7000 offer from CarMax but Koons wouldn't even hit that. We'd already decided that at $7K we'd just keep the Leaf a bit longer, so the pony is an addition to the stable, not a replacement.

Marlin is home in the carport, safe from the sleet coming down. I spent an hour sitting outside going through settings, etc. More on that later.
The color looks great. However I have concerns with that underbody metal ripped. Means some big jolt ripped the metal. I am sure it will be ok, but I am cynical and personally would walk away.

generaltso

Threads
Reaction score
Vehicles
2021 MME Premium AWD SR Infinite Blue
Country flag
The color looks great. However I have concerns with that underbody metal ripped. Means some big jolt ripped the metal. I am sure it will be ok, but I am cynical and personally would walk away.
After 14 months of waiting, you’d walk away for that?

Prashantsukhs

Banned
Banned
First Name
Prashant
Threads
Reaction score
Vehicles
Mach e
Country flag
After 14 months of waiting, you’d walk away for that?
You can always get the next one. Again in all likelihood you would be fine even though the metal was ripped but question is what if.. the battery pack lives right in there and I am not comfortable . Ford will guarantee this defect but I am not paying for a brand new defective car.

JellyBelly

First Name
Kris
Threads
Reaction score
Vehicles
MME RR FE
Country flag
@ChasingCoral - Congrats on bringing Marlin home after 15 month wait! Enjoy the ride.
One car cant too many issues , so you got yours done with the bolt hole and hope rest of it is all good for you on the upcoming trip.

Curious if you would have asked them to replace that panel - how long they would have taken or if they would have even agreed to it..,not easy to replace I would guess as they have to ship the part from MX and not even sure if its held by fasteners or even a bigger piece needs to be replaced. Probably not worth the trouble.

ARK

Threads
Reaction score
Vehicles
Mustang Mach E
Country flag
You can always get the next one. Again in all likelihood you would be fine even though the metal was ripped but question is what if.. the battery pack lives right in there and I am not comfortable . Ford will guarantee this defect but I am not paying for a brand new defective car.
The battery has the longest warranty of all at 8 years and 100,000 miles. I think he’s fine. And given battery degradation, frankly, if there was an excuse to swap out my battery for a brand new one at year 6, 7, or 8, I wouldn’t protest!

mikenindorf

First Name
Mike
Threads
Reaction score
Vehicles
mach e
Country flag
I am curious how the battery does in the cold. will it be garaged at night?

OP
OP
ChasingCoral

ChasingCoral

First Name
Mark
Threads
Reaction score
Vehicles
GB E4X FE, Leaf, Tacoma, F-150 Lightning ordered
Occupation
Retired oceanographer
Country flag
Congratulations!

two burning questions:
1. Where did you get the cool hoodie? I want one ?
2. Where did you find an open road for your 0-60 test? ?
1. Hoodie, mask and Grabber Blue Mach E iPhone case all from our own @Mach-E VLOG and @Liv in their Redbubble store:
https://www.redbubble.com/people/zealology/shop

Awesome color matching with the GB by the way!
Ford Mustang Mach-E My Travels With Marlin (GB FE) IMG_4312

2. 0-60 was on an entrance ramp to a limited access highway here. Nice and straight but a little downhill. I now have a couple of apps to try to see if they are more accurate (Race Stats, RaceBuddy, and Race Timer on iPhone). As I said, mine was hand timed by me as I drove. I don't guarantee that the Mach is is faster than advertised, only that it is in the same ballpark.

OP
OP
ChasingCoral

ChasingCoral

First Name
Mark
Threads
Reaction score
Vehicles
Occupation
Retired oceanographer
Country flag
My suspicion is someone had a tie-down hook attached in the wrong place and didn't remove it when loading/unloading.

OP
OP
ChasingCoral

ChasingCoral

First Name
Mark
Threads
Reaction score
Vehicles
Occupation
Retired oceanographer
Country flag
1. Can't just get another Grabber Blue First Edition
2. It's the outer frame of the battery compartment. Someone clearly put a hook in metal that wasn't intended to be hooked.
Clearly, I'm not you.

Last edited:
OP
OP
ChasingCoral

ChasingCoral

First Name
Mark
Threads
Reaction score
Vehicles
Occupation
Retired oceanographer
Country flag
@ChasingCoral - Congrats on bringing Marlin home after 15 month wait! Enjoy the ride.
One car cant too many issues , so you got yours done with the bolt hole and hope rest of it is all good for you on the upcoming trip.

Curious if you would have asked them to replace that panel - how long they would have taken or if they would have even agreed to it..,not easy to replace I would guess as they have to ship the part from MX and not even sure if its held by fasteners or even a bigger piece needs to be replaced. Probably not worth the trouble.
The hole is in the outer frame of the battery pack. Here are a couple of shots to put the placement in perspective. I just checked and that frame is aluminum. It should have never been used as a tie down. In fact, it may have ripped when they cranked down the strap. Transport tie downs are supposed to go on the wheels, not the frame.
Ford Mustang Mach-E My Travels With Marlin (GB FE) IMG_6664

Ford Mustang Mach-E My Travels With Marlin (GB FE) IMG_6665

Last edited: