eastern refugee

First Name
Rich
Threads
Reaction score
Vehicles
2021 Mach E First Edition Grabber Blue.....GOT IT!
Occupation
insurance agent
Country flag
At California prices that should get you 10 gallons. What were you driving that gets 13 mpg?
Sorry I meant to say 23. It was a 2017 fusion sport. It was a car that was NEVER marketed. It is a high performance fusion that was made in 2017 and was listed in the $50,000 range. It is a fusion with a F150 engine in it. Shortly after building them Ford cancelled the production of the sport version. Combine zero marketing and a high price tag and that equals both no sales and as I found out later crap resale trade in.
Sponsored

Jimmy2

First Name
Jimmy
Threads
Reaction score
Vehicles
21 MME Premium 4EX; 23 MME GTPE Vapor Blue Met
Country flag
Good to see positive comments on the LC.
My CRV has lane centering assist and I just came back from a long trip on the highways and I used it with automatic cruise control with three car gap. Worked well for most part but lane centering concerned me the most on mountain roads with winding turns... I preferred my own input than the cars in that situation as it’s more jittery and tried to correct more than I wanted. I was thinking of the MME and hoping it’s not as jittery on curving roads at high speed limits.
Same here, I have a CRV with lane keep assist. But the lane keep assist does not appear to be true lane centering. In other words, it bounces the CRV back and forth in the lane. Hoping my MM-E will have true lane centering. In any event, not a big deal if you keep your hands gently on the wheel.

eastern refugee

First Name
Rich
Threads
Reaction score
Vehicles
Occupation
insurance agent
Country flag
one question...silly of course. under the speedometer it clearly states GROUND SPEED"...Is there an OTA to suggest something else??? Like maybe airspeed????

machefan

Threads
Reaction score
Vehicles
RR FE 21', Leaf 18' and Bronco BadLands 2022
Occupation
IT
Country flag
one question...silly of course. under the speedometer it clearly states GROUND SPEED"...Is there an OTA to suggest something else??? Like maybe airspeed????
I think this is a knock to the P-51 Mustang.

Call it an Easter egg if you will.

OP
OP
ChasingCoral

ChasingCoral

First Name
Mark
Threads
Reaction score
Vehicles
GB E4X FE, Leaf, Tacoma, F-150 Lightning ordered
Occupation
Retired oceanographer
Country flag
Same here, I have a CRV with lane keep assist. But the lane keep assist does not appear to be true lane centering. In other words, it bounces the CRV back and forth in the lane. Hoping my MM-E will have true lane centering. In any event, not a big deal if you keep your hands gently on the wheel.
The Lane Centering is great. When roads are well-marked, the Mach E smoothly follows in the lane without bouncing.

Mach-E VLOG

First Name
Patrick
Threads
Reaction score
Website
machevlog.com
Vehicles
Mach-E GT PE - Grabber Blue - Blucifer Twocifer
Country flag
I think this is a knock to the P-51 Mustang.

Call it an Easter egg if you will.
It is a Mustang thing. I'm not sure how far back it goes, but below is a pic of the 2015 Mustang speedo with Ground Speed listed. The "executive stylist" at Ford that suggested the Mustang name in 1964 was a fan of the P-51 Mustang. Other names considered included Torino, Cougar, and Thunderbird.

Ford Mustang Mach-E My Travels With Marlin (GB FE) 2015Mustang_Ground_Speed

OP
OP
ChasingCoral

ChasingCoral

First Name
Mark
Threads
Reaction score
Vehicles
Occupation
Retired oceanographer
Country flag
Exactly. While the horse is always used as the moniker for the Mustang, design cues came from the P-51 fighter aircraft. Since 2015, the Mustang car distinguished itself from its airborne namesake by having GROUND SPEED on the speedometer. Of course, in the P-51 it says AIR SPEED.

Last edited:

VegStang

First Name
Leo
Threads
Reaction score
Vehicles
Volvo C40 Recharge, 2021 MME
Occupation
Artist, animal rights activist
Country flag
So Mark how is Marlin now, still in the shop? I just went through the updates and was surprised to see that hole in the battery case, like wtf guys? I figured the frame rip was your one allowed defect.

OP
OP
ChasingCoral

ChasingCoral

First Name
Mark
Threads
Reaction score
Vehicles
Occupation
Retired oceanographer
Country flag
So Mark how is Marlin now, still in the shop? I just went through the updates and was surprised to see that hole in the battery case, like wtf guys? I figured the frame rip was your one allowed defect.
Ford took it to their Regional Service Training Center in Frederick, MD for advanced diagnostics so they could identify and fix the problem. They started working on it up there yesterday. Details in
https://www.macheforum.com/site/threads/dead-low-voltage-battery-lvb.3490/

eastern refugee

First Name
Rich
Threads
Reaction score
Vehicles
Occupation
insurance agent
Country flag
It is a Mustang thing. I'm not sure how far back it goes, but below is a pic of the 2015 Mustang speedo with Ground Speed listed. The "executive stylist" at Ford that suggested the Mustang name in 1964 was a fan of the P-51 Mustang. Other names considered included Torino, Cougar, and Thunderbird.

1. Thanks for the info
2. I am sad that i will not able to have lift off-well sort of

eastern refugee

First Name
Rich
Threads
Reaction score
Vehicles
Occupation
insurance agent
Country flag
I have some real world numbers to post. I drove from Bakersfield to North Hollywood. the trip is about 210 miles. Bakersfield is roughly at 300 feet above sea level but to get to North Hollywood you have to go over Tejon Pass which sits at 4400 Feet and then back down to North Hollywood which is roughly at 60 feet. Weather conditions were gusty wind advisory over the Grapevine (mountain). Temperature was roughly 70 degrees in Bakersfield and 45 degrees at Tejon Pass and 50 degrees in north Hollywood.

I drive on cruise control the entire way at 77 MPH. On the mountain the car is so aerodynamic and sealed that I NEVER heard any wind noise which in my fusion I absolutely did. In my fusion UI would be fighting with the steering wheel. Not a lot but enough to be VERY aware. In the MME I felt it but not that big a deal. Now on the return trip by the time I hot the pass at 4400 feet, I had 8 miles difference between what was in the battery and what was left of the trip. I was concerned that i might have to stop but by the down hill run gave me an additional 20 miles. So now I went form 22% to 24%. About 5 miles form home i was at 13% and the entire dash turned orange and in BIG BOLD LETTERS LOW BATTERY. I pulled in and charged up during the 5 hour cheap rate.

I have the ChargePoint charger with a 60 amp breaker which is over kill but so what. It charged only an additional 30% which equals about 22 miles per hour charging. The entire trip cost me $13.00. In my 2017 Fusion sport that would have been roughly $40.00. FYI I guess it knew that I was going home so it never stated on the navigation to charge up.

OP
OP
ChasingCoral

ChasingCoral

First Name
Mark
Threads
Reaction score
Vehicles
Occupation
Retired oceanographer
Country flag
Day 1: Wednesday 10 February
He's mine! Marlin is all mine (ok, and my wife's).

I went to Koons Ford this afternoon and started the inspection process. I put together an inspection list I started using (https://www.macheforum.com/site/threads/delivery-pickup-checklist.3286/post-104799) and made it about 1/3 of the way through and found an item needing repair as well as ran out of time. It seems one of the holes in the bottom of the frame had been ripped out (transport hook perhaps).

Here's the ripped hole:

My biggest concern was the jagged metal hanging out. My dealer Narh had the service manager come out to check it and while I drove home to pick up my wife they cut out the offending metal:

I may file the edges a little more but it should be fine. No other problems found.
Update on this damage. In talking with the Field Service Engineer today, I learned a few things:
  • Mine was not the only one to have this happen ?
  • This is a lateral support piece to protect the outer part of the battery pack ?
  • It's easily replaced -- does not require dropping the battery ?
Unfortunately they don't have these parts available yet but they'll see about placing an order so I can get a new one once they are available.

Maric

Threads
Reaction score
Vehicles
Grabber Blue FE
Occupation
Engineer
Country flag
Update on this damage. In talking with the Field Service Engineer today, I learned a few things:
  • Mine was not the only one to have this happen ?
  • This is a lateral support piece to protect the outer part of the battery pack ?
  • It's easily replaced -- does not require dropping the battery ?
Unfortunately they don't have these parts available yet but they'll see about placing an order so I can get a new one once they are available.
While it will be another trip for Marlin to the shop, that’s good news and good to hear. I’ll be sure to check this out when I inspect my car.

VegStang

First Name
Leo
Threads
Reaction score
Vehicles
Volvo C40 Recharge, 2021 MME
Occupation
Artist, animal rights activist
Country flag
Yes, good to hear, although on Marlin I was more concerned about the battery case tear, but nice this can and will be replaced. Hopefully the word got out to transport so nothing happens beyond the initial ones. I will be sure to check mine for similar damage.

While it will be another trip for Marlin to the shop, that’s good news and good to hear. I’ll be sure to check this out when I inspect my car.

OP
OP
ChasingCoral

ChasingCoral

First Name
Mark
Threads
Reaction score
Vehicles
Occupation
Retired oceanographer
Country flag
Having put the Dead LVB followed by a bad PDU story to bed (knock on wood), it was time for a quick shake down and charging test. Saturday I put 60 trouble-free miles on Marlin, including a drive to the far end of the Country and back. FYI Lane centering doesn’t work as well when it’s raining.

I also did a partial charging session at the Columbia, MD EA station. Charging on my account worked, Plug & Charge failed. Multiple tries, 2 machines, both cables. It also didn’t go over about 75 kW the whole, time. Mind you I started right around 50% but at least we got it to work. Back to home and packed for departure Sunday morning.
Sponsored