My trips ... add a waypoint ???

• Thread starter Deleted member 3569
  • Start date
  • Watchers 0

Deleted member 3569

How do you add a waypoint or a stop on your saved trip?
I saw this youTube by Ford Ireland that have this feature, look @ 2.18 he simply tap "add stop".

I am running iOS v. 14.6 and FordPass v. 3.47.
Sponsored

Last edited by a moderator:

AZBill

First Name
Bill
Threads
Reaction score
Vehicles
Rivian R1T, Hummer EV SUT, MME CA Route 1
Occupation
Engineer
Country flag
I cannot find this option in the latest app 3.27, and the trip planner is very buggy. I currently have my car set to charge to only 80%, in this update it does not allow me to adjust the charge to 100%. I was able to do that previously. It also misses a charger on the route from Phoenix to Vegas and sends me to Flagstaff, which is way out of the way adding many miles and time to the route. There is a charger in Kingman AZ on the shortest route and the trip planner completely ignores it. But if I search chargers in Ford Pass it finds the one in Kingman.

The only real way to plan the trip is to set each leg separately, Phoenix to Kingman, then Kingman to Vegas. This is pathetic.

And yes I did set to option to use the shortest route, it did not make any difference. And no, I will not use ABRP because I cannot send that to the navigation in the car, plus that app is totally inaccurate when it comes to predicting range.

OP
OP

Deleted member 3569

I cannot find this option in the latest app 3.27, and the trip planner is very buggy. I currently have my car set to charge to only 80%, in this update it does not allow me to adjust the charge to 100%. I was able to do that previously. It also misses a charger on the route from Phoenix to Vegas and sends me to Flagstaff, which is way out of the way adding many miles and time to the route. There is a charger in Kingman AZ on the shortest route and the trip planner completely ignores it. But if I search chargers in Ford Pass it finds the one in Kingman.

The only real way to plan the trip is to set each leg separately, Phoenix to Kingman, then Kingman to Vegas. This is pathetic.

And yes I did set to option to use the shortest route, it did not make any difference.
Thank you for your feed back, so far you have echoed exactly the same frustrations I am having with the FordPass.

RockwallRick

Threads
Reaction score
Vehicles
22 Ford Maverick FX4
Country flag
I am seeing too many quirks with Ford Nav! My plan is to use ABRP along with Google Maps for my first road trip. It will be a 800 mile round trip from my house up to Panama City. I will stop for charging in Gainesville and Tallahassee.

OP
OP

Deleted member 3569

I am coming from Mercedes brand, which in my opinion, currently none of its current models matches to the extraordinary driving dynamics of the Mach-e (unless you go to AMG or Brabus trim) ... but Mercedes provides so much after sales support. i.e. super luxurious lounges, pretty receptionists, inexhaustible flow of latte, macaroons, hors d'oerves, etc... that eventually your frustrations just wanes away .... On the other hand, Ford staff at service desks are totally clueless, and they are not forthcoming like what they do at Mercedes... and of course Ford customer lounges are akin to Costco bathrooms.
For comparison, Mercedes mbUX which is supposed to be a cruder version than that of Mach-e's, but its NAV works flawlessly and MercedesMe app has yet to fail me in the 6+ years of my GLA ownership... yes it was crude, it was simple but it was darn stable!
Right now, I rely on EA maps, plugShare maps and of course Googles Map and my planning can only done by segments and I have to carry with me a cheat scrap of paper with me in my road trips.

RockwallRick

Threads
Reaction score
Vehicles
22 Ford Maverick FX4
Country flag
I have never done so much planning for a road trip before but I am looking forward to the challenge with the MME! My Wife’s father will be traveling with us so I have to factor in his needs as well. Some one on this forum posted that the EA station in Gainesville only had one working charger! That will be my first stop!

Maquis

First Name
Dave
Threads
Reaction score
Vehicles
2021 Mach E4X, 2023 Lightning Lariat ER
Country flag
I actually don't mind doing the trip one leg at a time. It enables me to easily adjust the next stop based on actual conditions. And there's plenty of time to plug in the next leg while you're sitting at the charger. On my last trip, I was able to skip a planned charge (as indicated by ABRP) that I would have had to pay for and make it to the next EA station.

OP
OP

Deleted member 3569

I have never done so much planning for a road trip before but I am looking forward to the challenge with the MME! My Wife’s father will be traveling with us so I have to factor in his needs as well. Some one on this forum posted that the EA station in Gainesville only had one working charger! That will be my first stop!
Suggestion: Call the EA's 800 customer service number couple of days ahead of your trip and advise them what you have learned about the status at the Target #T0687 Archer Road Gainesville location. Often they will respond fairly promptly and attempt to put the off line chargers on line.

RockwallRick

Threads
Reaction score
Vehicles
22 Ford Maverick FX4
Country flag
Suggestion: Call the EA's 800 customer service number couple of days ahead of your trip and advise them what you have learned about the status at the Target #T0687 Archer Road Gainesville location. Often they will respond fairly promptly and attempt to put the off line chargers on line.
Thanks for that tip! I can tell from your posts that you already have a lot of road trip experience with the MME!!

OP
OP

Deleted member 3569

Thanks for that tip! I can tell from your posts that you already have a lot of road trip experience with the MME!!
Thank you! ... irrespective of what nay sayers state, the Mach-e is indeed a formidable road warrior.

The key is planning:
  • Charge to 80% SoC (state of charge) or less and make sure you got enough reserve for unpredictable events;
  • Tire pressure to be set at 39 psig cold;
  • Mixed feeling about "pre-conditioning" for I can't see any gains by pre-cooling the car, the a/c seemed to be more efficient while the car is moving with the ram air;
  • Home charge to 100% SoC to start your trip but during road trips charge to 80% SoC only (or less if you don't need to); and
  • Load chargeHub app.
Anything above 80% will be agonizing slow irrespective of 50KW or 150 kW dcFast chargers.

Once you get hang of road trips, get yourself a J7112 to Tesla adapter as back up, in the case of bind you can tap into Tesla "destinations chargers" that certain commercial establishment have set up as courtesy to their customers. Remember these adapters only work for Tesla Level 2 destination chargers and will not be able to mesh into the protocol of fast Tesla Superchargers.

Cheers and have a happy road trip!

Ford Mustang Mach-E My trips ... add a waypoint ??? adpter(a4)

Last edited by a moderator:

AZBill

First Name
Bill
Threads
Reaction score
Vehicles
Rivian R1T, Hummer EV SUT, MME CA Route 1
Occupation
Engineer
Country flag
Thank you for your feed back, so far you have echoed exactly the same frustrations I am having with the FordPass.
The Ford Pass and the car navigation cannot even agree on a trip from Phoenix to Vegas. The most direct route is US-93 all the way. That takes you through Kingman, AZ which has an EA charger site.

Yesterday on the Ford Pass app it routes me through Flagstaff, using I-17, then I-40 west to Williams Arizona for a stop at EA there. From there is goes I-40 to Kingman, then US 93 to Vegas.

This morning I go out to the car and enter Las Vegas as the destination. It starts me on US 93 up to Kingman, no charger stop there. Then it takes me southwest to Needles, CA to charge at an EA station there. Another detour.

What is most frustrating about this is that planning this trip is very easy, using the GMRP (Gray Matter Route Planner). Take US 93, stop in Kingman for a charge, continue on US 93 to Vegas, it is obvious. I will look at Plugshare and the EA app before hand to make sure the charger there are reliable right before I depart.

Last edited:

AllenXS

First Name
Allen
Threads
Reaction score
Vehicles
Premium Blue ER AWD
Country flag
You can load ABRP to fordpass apps and run on screen.

ChasingCoral

First Name
Mark
Threads
Reaction score
Vehicles
GB E4X FE, Leaf, Tacoma, F-150 Lightning ordered
Occupation
Retired oceanographer
Country flag
How do you add a waypoint or a stop on your saved trip?
I saw this youTube by Ford Ireland that have this feature, look @ 2.18 he simply tap "add stop".

I am running iOS v. 14.6 and FordPass v. 3.47.
I've never seen that feature in FordPass. However, you do have the option of adding stops in the car.