My turn for dreaded High Voltage Battery Error! Am I ok to drive 30 miles to nearest dealership for service?

OP
OP

mcahill

First Name
Michael
Threads
Reaction score
Vehicles
2022 Mach E GT
Occupation
Manager
Country flag
It’s a 2022 GT

Rob S

First Name
Robert
Threads
Reaction score
Vehicles
2017 Mustang Ecoboost, 2022 MME GT Star White
Country flag
Yes you should be able to drive to the dealership. Just dont WOT.

OP
OP

mcahill

First Name
Michael
Threads
Reaction score
Vehicles
2022 Mach E GT
Occupation
Manager
Country flag
WOT??

OP
OP

mcahill

First Name
Michael
Threads
Reaction score
Vehicles
2022 Mach E GT
Occupation
Manager
Country flag
Thanks

Rob S

First Name
Robert
Threads
Reaction score
Vehicles
2017 Mustang Ecoboost, 2022 MME GT Star White
Country flag
By the way, if you haven't already, read up on this thread:

Stop Safely Now (HVBJB): Mach-E Owners Biggest Fear - Facts and Info Thread

Lots of great info on how to get your car fixed. My car has been at my local ford dealer since last friday 11/25 with the same issue you have. Some suggestions:

1) Be sure to call the Battery EV team at Ford Corporate (BEV) and open a case with them. The number is in the above thread. They can offer you rental reimbursement, and help get the needed part(s) ordered.

2) Also look for Technical Service Bulletin (TSB) 22-2178, which describes the issue. I gave a copy of this to my dealer, and they were able to diagnose the problem.

3) Your dealer will need to order the High Voltage Battery Junction Box (HVBJB) as per the TSB. They need to order it through a system called COPIS, otherwise they likely won't get it. The part shows as if it is on backorder, but in reality Ford is holding inventory on the replacement part so dealers don't hoard them. COPIS allows the order to be prioritized at Ford.

Good luck to you.

IgorKl

Threads
Reaction score
Vehicles
'21 MME GT and '22 MME CaliRoute 1 AWD
Country flag
we drove to dealership ourselves. James Ford was the best i could wish. they opened car and provided diagnostic on next day as we came. Ford support covered our rental car cost and monitor part availability since it was on back order. It was high voltage harness failure in our case (according to service manager they see about 30% cases with such error instead of famous contacts box failure). car was done in aprox. 3 weeks

121gigawatts

First Name
Tony
Threads
Reaction score
Vehicles
MME Not Soon Enough
Country flag
Mine has been at the dealership since Nov 15th with the HVBC Harness failure as well. The service guy told me I should be glad it's a "warranty" because the part costs a few grand.
Sponsored