ten8bike

First Name
Bonnie
Threads
Reaction score
Vehicles
Ford F150 pickup
Country flag
As I posted a few weeks ago, I received an email invitation to have a Zoom call with Ford engineers; I had it scheduled for this morning.

They got my name/info from an email survey I filled out a while back; I've filled out lots of surveys, so I don't know exactly which one it was.

Throughout the course of 70 minutes, while sitting in my car using my phone to Zoom (at their request), I spoke with at least ten Ford folks, each with their expertise. There were engineers and employees (each in their own time slot) asking about everything from the car's interior's , the exterior, charging at home/away, marketing, using the big screen in the car, comfort, driving experience, braking(!).

All in all they were all very nice, and thanked me for me thoughts.

One of my "thoughts" was that they need to give you two key fobs- that Ford expert said instead I really need to use PAAK all the time, and said to set up the ability to start the car on the screen.

Another item I pointed out is that if you're trying to use the owner's manual on the screen, and try to do what the instructions may be for your task, you have to either have a good memory, write down the instructions, or go back and forth between the manual and the task. I said we need a real owner's manual.

I said there should be an easy way to take out the frunk divider.

They hadn't heard from anyone else that the air conditioning comes on, sometimes, when you turn on warm air. They had asked what there should be buttons for, instead of having to use the screen... I said that having to go through the motions to turn off the unwanted cold air, while driving, warranted a button.

I also told them at least three times, that Ford has to up their game with their charging network!

I'm sure there was more, but these seem like the highlights.
Sponsored

Jimrpa

First Name
Jim
Threads
Reaction score
Vehicles
2021 Infinite Blue Premium Mustang Mach E ER AWD
Occupation
Retied (formerly tried to herd highly technical, independent cats)
Country flag
This is great to hear that Ford is reaching out to real owners and soliciting feedback.
Now, everyone don’t jump all over Ford and ask why all the comments aren’t incorporated in an OTA next week the way TESLA would do! Ford doesn’t treat its customers like unsuspecting guinea pigs ?

Carsinmyblood

First Name
Mitch
Threads
Reaction score
Vehicles
'53 XK120, '58 MGA, '66 E-Type, MME Prem, EX, awd
Occupation
Self employed
Country flag
Nice to hear that they're listening.

fayt349

First Name
Ben
Threads
Reaction score
Vehicles
BMW i4 eDrive 40 M-Sport
Occupation
Network Support Engineer
Country flag
" that Ford expert said instead I really need to use PAAK all the time "

I really hope this is some sick joke from the Ford engineer telling you this.

For the past 2 weeks not a SINGLE time have a gotten in my car with PaaK without it saying key not detected, or any other sort of error.

I don't even care about having two fobs, just fix PaaK. That has to be some joke that he said that lol.

OP
OP

ten8bike

First Name
Bonnie
Threads
Reaction score
Vehicles
Ford F150 pickup
Country flag
I did not get any hints of what they're working on. However, buttons on the dash area seemed to be a big topic of conversation.

And, to open the rear lift gate door by swinging your foot underneath the bumper...the sensor is close to the license plate. And, it works better by using a "kicking" motion instead of a "sweeping" motion....so they say. I haven't tried it yet.

RW Journey

Threads
Reaction score
Vehicles
2021 Ford MME FE
Country flag
" that Ford expert said instead I really need to use PAAK all the time "

I really hope this is some sick joke from the Ford engineer telling you this.

For the past 2 weeks not a SINGLE time have a gotten in my car with PaaK without it saying key not detected, or any other sort of error.

I don't even care about having two fobs, just fix PaaK. That has to be some joke that he said that lol.
It seems the PaaK is randomly unstable. I can go for literal weeks without an issue and then a stretch of time were I constantly get "key not detected". I may be able to take to the dealer and have them perform some updates but since I can enter a door code and passcode on the screen to start, I never feel stranded, just inconvenienced.

I know people with Teslas and have seen it happen to them first hand. I'm sure it happens to them less frequently though.

fayt349

First Name
Ben
Threads
Reaction score
Vehicles
BMW i4 eDrive 40 M-Sport
Occupation
Network Support Engineer
Country flag
It seems the PaaK is randomly unstable. I can go for literal weeks without an issue and then a stretch of time were I constantly get "key not detected". I may be able to take to the dealer and have them perform some updates but since I can enter a door code and passcode on the screen to start, I never feel stranded, just inconvenienced.

I know people with Teslas and have seen it happen to them first hand. I'm sure it happens to them less frequently though.
I owned a tesla for a year. Not once in one full colander year has PaaK failed on me on my Model 3.

On my Mach E it's probably a 5% success rate. And I've owned my Mach E since March. The fact that the Ford engineer said to use PaaK blows my mind and makes me think he isn't aware of any issues.

krafty81

First Name
Terry
Threads
Reaction score
Vehicles
2021 MME AWD EX Premium, 2023 Lexus RX350h
Country flag
Had one of those too! Loved it!

Kamuelaflyer

Threads
Reaction score
Vehicles
2021 Premium Infinite Blue. ER AWD. 2020 Raptor
Country flag
I owned a tesla for a year. Not once in one full colander year has PaaK failed on me on my Model 3.

On my Mach E it's probably a 5% success rate. And I've owned my Mach E since March. The fact that the Ford engineer said to use PaaK blows my mind and makes me think he isn't aware of any issues.
Things that are not quite right get amplified on forums. It’s just the nature of the beast. While you’re getting a 5% success rate with PAAK, I’m at 98%+. It’s only failed when I’ve been entering and exiting the car range repeatedly with my phone or rarely, when it’s in my back pocket and I’m approaching the car from dead behind.

That’s not to minimize those with PAAK issues, just a reminder that things may not be as off as some think. They should still have given 2 fobs though, and Dealers should just do the SSM on the cars when they arrive.

Chudsaviet

First Name
Timofei
Threads
Reaction score
Vehicles
2022 EV6 First Edition AWD, 2014 Leaf
Occupation
Software
Country flag
I’m wondering how can I arrange such call with Ford engineers to go around the instrument screen buzzing issue.

Gino_A

First Name
Gino
Threads
Reaction score
Vehicles
2019 Bolt, 2021 MME 2021 Pacifica, 2011 Silverado
Occupation
Retired
Country flag
As I posted a few weeks ago, I received an email invitation to have a Zoom call with Ford engineers; I had it scheduled for this morning.

They got my name/info from an email survey I filled out a while back; I've filled out lots of surveys, so I don't know exactly which one it was.

Throughout the course of 70 minutes, while sitting in my car using my phone to Zoom (at their request), I spoke with at least ten Ford folks, each with their expertise. There were engineers and employees (each in their own time slot) asking about everything from the car's interior's , the exterior, charging at home/away, marketing, using the big screen in the car, comfort, driving experience, braking(!).

All in all they were all very nice, and thanked me for me thoughts.

One of my "thoughts" was that they need to give you two key fobs- that Ford expert said instead I really need to use PAAK all the time, and said to set up the ability to start the car on the screen.

Another item I pointed out is that if you're trying to use the owner's manual on the screen, and try to do what the instructions may be for your task, you have to either have a good memory, write down the instructions, or go back and forth between the manual and the task. I said we need a real owner's manual.

I said there should be an easy way to take out the frunk divider.

They hadn't heard from anyone else that the air conditioning comes on, sometimes, when you turn on warm air. They had asked what there should be buttons for, instead of having to use the screen... I said that having to go through the motions to turn off the unwanted cold air, while driving, warranted a button.

I also told them at least three times, that Ford has to up their game with their charging network!

I'm sure there was more, but these seem like the highlights.
Thanks for sharing. I am scheduled for the same meeting on Monday.

shutterbug

First Name
Joseph
Threads
Reaction score
Vehicles
Grabber Blue FE
Country flag
Things that are not quite right get amplified on forums. It’s just the nature of the beast. While you’re getting a 5% success rate with PAAK, I’m at 98%+. It’s only failed when I’ve been entering and exiting the car range repeatedly with my phone or rarely, when it’s in my back pocket and I’m approaching the car from dead behind.

That’s not to minimize those with PAAK issues, just a reminder that things may not be as off as some think. They should still have given 2 fobs though, and Dealers should just do the SSM on the cars when they arrive.
Having 98% success is the same as plain old failing. I've used FOBs for over 20 years, and it only failed when the battery died (either car or FOB). If Ford wants us to use PAAK, they need to make it work 100%. Currently my success rate with PAAK is about 90%, That's not good enough.

I agree that Ford should have popped for 2 FOB, but ended up getting a 2nd FOB just in case.

Somewhat of topic, but Ford should have made it easier to jump the 12V battery. The current Byzantine procedure sucks mittens.
Sponsored