kdryden99

First Name
Richard
Threads
Reaction score
Vehicles
Nissan Sentra Spec-V, Infinite Blue Mach E4X Prem
Country flag
Oh, I didn't know you can do that. I always thought you need to kick it in the trunk.
There are 5 methods to open the trunk, 1)through the screen 2) the keyfob 3)keypad on door 4)button on trunk 5) kicking

ChasingCoral

First Name
Mark
Threads
Reaction score
Vehicles
GB E4X FE, Leaf, Tacoma, F-150 Lightning ordered
Occupation
Retired oceanographer
Country flag
I would love a user-configurable home screen in the car that I could arrange to my liking. Don't make me drill down into menus for things I want to access frequently.
Nice idea. We have a page of radio presets. We should be able to configure our profile page with our most desired quick links.

Jimrpa

First Name
Jim
Threads
Reaction score
Vehicles
2021 Infinite Blue Premium Mustang Mach E ER AWD
Occupation
Retied (formerly tried to herd highly technical, independent cats)
Country flag
Kicking it in the rear has never worked for me. Ever. Exactly the opposite of PAAK. ;)
You kick UNDER the rear. Never kick any horse IN the rear - you will definitely have a BAD day ?
Joking aside - the kick to open gesture has always worked on both my escape and my Mustang Mach E

JoeDimwit

First Name
Joe
Threads
Reaction score
Vehicles
Grabber Blue First Edition
Occupation
Electrician
Country flag
Nice idea. We have a page of radio presets. We should be able to configure our profile page with our most desired quick links.
Ford will say ”that’s the function we intended the app cards to fulfill”.

when you say “then don’t make the camera take over the entire screen”, they will reply with “ driving in reverse requires 100% of your attention”.

macchiaz-o

First Name
Jonathan
Threads
Reaction score
🔑 ]not/A/gr8'Place.2.store-mEyePassword[ 👀
Vehicles
MY21 J1 Premium RWD SR
Country flag
One thing I always forget, to turn on AC full power before starting backing up. It's getting hot nowadays and you don't want to sit in a hot car for even a few seconds. When you switch to reverse the camera starts working and the AC button is disabled. It would be great if they used physical buttons and dials for climate control. Going through the menus for any basic operation is a bad design.
The primary ac controls are always on screen. I'm able to turn on auto-3 and reduce the set temp even while the vehicle is in reverse drive.

monolith10101

Threads
Reaction score
Vehicles
Bolt Premier
Country flag
What I'd like too is instead of these silly sliders for all the control how about we tap fan and then use the knob to turn it up or down or tap where the air is blowing then turn knob and have a pop up show where you're switching it too etc and have it time out after 5 seconds or so of no response and revert back to volume. Basically ford gave us a knob because it's convenient I'd like to use that for everything. Heated seat? Tap and turn. It should be that simple not take my eyes off the road and gently slide to the position i want or go to another menu to select my feet instead of winshield for air.
Not disagreeing with this, but something which helped is I noticed a few weeks into owning the car that you don’t need to use the slider. You can tap the +/- buttons to control the temperature or fan speed. Often I’m only adjusting a few degrees here or there, and using the +/- buttons is a lot easier than trying to precisely use the slider.

I’m sure most of you already knew that, but wanted to note it in case someone didn’t.

IMDIDOC

First Name
Alex
Threads
Reaction score
Vehicles
2021 Mach-E FE, 1970 Z-28 RS Original Owner
Occupation
Optometrist
Country flag
In the navigation options (not through the settings tab where you can access all the other random vehicle settings, but through a different button you press on the navigation screen which specifically takes you to navigation options), I believe you can disable the school zone alert.
Found it. We now have cameras that sends you a ticket, so I like the warnings, just not when it's not applicable.

ChasingCoral

First Name
Mark
Threads
Reaction score
Vehicles
Occupation
Retired oceanographer
Country flag
Ford will say ”that’s the function we intended the app cards to fulfill”.
Sort of. If that were the case, why have radio station presets? Why not use cards there instead?

The reason is the cards provide immediate access to the few apps used most recently and frequently. A programmable set of buttons on your profile page would allow quick access to things you want quick access to, even though you may not access them often.

Mirak

Threads
Reaction score
Vehicles
"Sonic" 2021 MME Grabber Blue First Edition
Country flag
The primary ac controls are always on screen. I'm able to turn on auto-3 and reduce the set temp even while the vehicle is in reverse drive.
That does not work for me. When I’m in reverse I can’t access HVAC controls or even adjust music volume. Maybe another bug with my particular software.

mattl02

First Name
Matt
Threads
Reaction score
Vehicles
2021 Mustang Mach-E Premium
Country flag
I also hope that Ford does not go down the path of installing games in the infotainment system. Personally it seems tacky and childish. If I wanted to play games I have my phone or iPad.
It may be a little childish, but it gives your kids or even you something to do while you sit at a charging station, and if you don't like it, you don't have to use them.

Last edited:

ChasingCoral

First Name
Mark
Threads
Reaction score
Vehicles
Occupation
Retired oceanographer
Country flag
That does not work for me. When I’m in reverse I can’t access HVAC controls or even adjust music volume. Maybe another bug with my particular software.
I'll have to check Marlin but our Leaf blocks all controls when in reverse as a safety feature, too.

DELETED MEMBER mikeippo

Having 98% success is the same as plain old failing. I've used FOBs for over 20 years, and it only failed when the battery died (either car or FOB). If Ford wants us to use PAAK, they need to make it work 100%. Currently my success rate with PAAK is about 90%, That's not good enough.

I agree that Ford should have popped for 2 FOB, but ended up getting a 2nd FOB just in case.

Somewhat of topic, but Ford should have made it easier to jump the 12V battery. The current Byzantine procedure sucks mittens.
How much did you have to pay for the second FOB? Ford has to admit PAAK isn't ready for prime time and provide a free second FOB like every other car offers. It is *insane* that they would insist you use PAAK all the time - it is so frustrating I gave up and never use it. Some engineers have to let go of their egos, accept the cost of a second FOB and then set about making PAAK work 100% of the time. Oh - also agree about the 12v battery thing - maybe an access panel?

HuntingPudel

First Name
Steve
Threads
Reaction score
Vehicles
2021 MME GT-PE, 1979 Fire-Am, 1972 K/5 Blazer
Occupation
Engineering
Country flag
How much did you have to pay for the second FOB? Ford has to admit PAAK isn't ready for prime time and provide a free second FOB like every other car offers. It is *insane* that they would insist you use PAAK all the time - it is so frustrating I gave up and never use it. Some engineers have to let go of their egos, accept the cost of a second FOB and then set about making PAAK work 100% of the time. Oh - also agree about the 12v battery thing - maybe an access panel?
Sure the engineers have egos (we all do), but it's up to the project manager or division head to make the call on the second fob. (Not that I don't want a second fob.)

Re: 12V battery access, I have in my head plans to do an aircraft charge/jump port on my MME whenever it gets here.
Sponsored