Jimrpa

First Name
Jim
Threads
Reaction score
Vehicles
2021 Infinite Blue Premium Mustang Mach E ER AWD
Occupation
Retied (formerly tried to herd highly technical, independent cats)
Country flag
well, maybe not for one guy a couple thousand years ago, lol.
I believe they said he did die, then “rose 3 days later”, but I wasn’t around, so I have to go by what Sister Michael George told me (she was also the girl’s Lacrosse coach ?)
Sponsored

Jimrpa

First Name
Jim
Threads
Reaction score
Vehicles
2021 Infinite Blue Premium Mustang Mach E ER AWD
Occupation
Retied (formerly tried to herd highly technical, independent cats)
Country flag
I’d also like to see them beef up voice recognition and expand it to control more of the car so I don’t have to rely on controls as much. When driving, it’s much easier (and safer) to use voice commands) than to fiddle with the touch screen.

Mirak

Threads
Reaction score
Vehicles
"Sonic" 2021 MME Grabber Blue First Edition
Country flag
I have a similar zoom meeting scheduled in a couple weeks. I believe the meeting will mostly focus on FordPass, but I will try to bring some other issues to their attention also. Top of my list:
- FordPass bugs (specifically the almost completely worthless charge monitoring and management)
- Sync bugs (specifically the failure of certain settings to stick)
- IPC Buzz (I may try to take the Zoom in my car to demonstrate, but I need to test how to do that correctly - I can’t have the audio and mics swapping back and forth between phone and car when I’m turning car off and on.)
- Most wanted features. The forum took a great poll on this a few weeks ago. There were some clear winners. I plan to specifically plug making the volume dial more versatile and making the 360/front cams more useful for parking. Nobody was clamoring for the “intelligent charging” feature currently being beta tested to the early access folks - it wasn’t even included in the poll.

I have not tested PAAK extensively yet, but for the next week I am going to go fobless and record my observations. If it is problematic, I’ll mention that, too.

Overall I will tell them that I love the Mach E but there are some frustrating things that are taking a frustratingly long time to fix and I wish Ford had a more direct pipeline between its beta testers (us) and the engineers. To that end, I really appreciate the zoom meeting.

crownmountain

First Name
Dave
Threads
Reaction score
Vehicles
2021 Mach-E Premium 2WD ER, 2022 MINI Cooper S EV
Occupation
Industrial network architect
Country flag
Very minor point that does speak to the app catalog and branding. Ford does not use Zoom corporately they use Webex. And Webex is a an app you can load on the car to participate in meetings. Ford is one of if not the largest user of Webex. So installing it on Ford cars makes sense. And I would bet that @ten8bike meeting was a Webex meeting. However this is all background to the question: what apps would we like to see on the car? How would we get Ford to look at them? I would also guess that placing an app on the car is not free for the app vendor. We have a whopping 16 to choose from!

Or is app projection the better way? Thoughts?

As for my key PAAK its fine having no issues that are cause a concern. That FOB is big and rather not carry it around anyway.

As for the climate shutting it off is clumsy at best. Would love "Hello Ford climate off" but no such luck or an icon on the screen or a button would work (don't tell Sandy Munro I said add a button). By the way I think that is the biggest upside to Android OS in the car may be the speech based interface. Was that discussed?

Ford Mustang Mach-E My Zoom meeting with many Ford Mach-E engineers/employees IMG_0259
Ford Mustang Mach-E My Zoom meeting with many Ford Mach-E engineers/employees IMG_0261.PNG

Timelessblur

First Name
Tyler
Threads
Reaction score
Vehicles
Mach E AWD Premium Extend Range RR
Occupation
Software Developer
Country flag
For me PaaK could use some improvements. I use it pretty heavy but it has lag issues and the biggest issue is unlocking the car while I am standing right there with my phone and the app open. Kicker is my phone is connected to the car. I have to use my door code far to often to get into the car. That is a fairly large issue. I am surprised ford has not looked into tying into Apple Car key yet as that might work better just for key reasons. I can accept not having everything else but improve PaaK.

That and like others have said getting to trunk access takes to long and I wish it was easier. Another change is switching over to brake hold turning that on and off I wish was faster but how it is ok.

I do wish they supplied a 2nd fob. My wife has the fob but it has my house keys on it. Biggest reason for keeping hte fob for me is it has all my other keys on it. I most likely should just get all my house keys put on to another key ring and just leave them in the car for the rare time I do need them. LIke when my wife locks the garage door. This is my biggest worry now as I don't always have a house key on me. I think I might need to hide a spare key in the garage.

over all I do love the car and it does show some first gen issue in design that I expect them to get better at.

I’m wondering how can I arrange such call with Ford engineers to go around the instrument screen buzzing issue.
Going to be blunt how you been complaining the type of noise you been making on both Reddit and these forums would put you in a boat that is very stand offish. I know in my software world I have had users who made noise like yours and very agressive. I can promise you I took those complaints and ignored them. Yes playing politics helps and be open to here what they want but that is just some advice in dealing with engineers.

Tamadrummer88

Threads
Reaction score
Vehicles
Toyota Camry XLE Hybrid
Country flag
Personally I don't think I would ever feel comfortable using my phone as a key. Thats what bothered me about owning a Tesla, most people use your phone. I prefer the redundancy and ease of using a traditional fob, and this is coming from someone who loves tech.

I also hope that Ford does not go down the path of installing games in the infotainment system. Personally it seems tacky and childish. If I wanted to play games I have my phone or iPad.

Chudsaviet

First Name
Timofei
Threads
Reaction score
Vehicles
2022 EV6 First Edition AWD, 2014 Leaf
Occupation
Software
Country flag
[QUOTE="Timelessblur, post: 188076, member: 1568"
Going to be blunt how you been complaining the type of noise you been making on both Reddit and these forums would put you in a boat that is very stand offish. I know in my software world I have had users who made noise like yours and very agressive. I can promise you I took those complaints and ignored them. Yes playing politics helps and be open to here what they want but that is just some advice in dealing with engineers.
[/QUOTE]
I see so much hate towards me.
So insisting that this is real problem and being trolled is ”bad politics”, right? I hope you will never have a problem that is both very annoying to you and denied by others. And also you are being trolled.
So far I have never talked to real engineers, and Ford’s answer was SSM 49810 - “its normal”. Still think insisting it is a real problem is wrong?
”I have had users who made noise like yours and very agressive. I can promise you I took those complaints and ignored them. “ - you are a bad vendor. You ignore real problems of real people. So far trolls like the BMT user are very aggressive towards me personally.

Last edited:

Mirak

Threads
Reaction score
Vehicles
Country flag
I’ve been quite vocal with my issues and I have a meeting scheduled, so go figure. I’m fact, I’m told my contributions here are one reason I was selected for interview. I have always found @Chudsaviet to be polite, if direct, in his criticism.

I don’t think that anyone should fault him, me, or anyone else for continuing to assert unresolved issues - particularly issues that have thus far been ignored or negated by Ford - and this should never be a basis or excuse for ignoring or not responding to complaints.

I don’t serve in a customer facing role at my company, but I know that everything my company does is about serving customers and treating them responsively and fairly. It isn’t just good business - it’s how I likewise want to be treated as a customer. I both appreciate and expect quality and responsive service. There are undoubtedly many employees who do not understand this, but I assure you that most business owners do - especially if they want to stay in business.

Last edited:

Timelessblur

First Name
Tyler
Threads
Reaction score
Vehicles
Mach E AWD Premium Extend Range RR
Occupation
Software Developer
Country flag
I see so much hate towards me.
So insisting that this is real problem and being trolled is ”bad politics”, right? I hope you will never have a problem that is both very annoying to you and denied by others. And also you are being trolled.
It not that people do not believe your problem is real. That been pretty well established that it is.
A good example is on the screen buzz when I stated yes I can hear it but can not hear it over the AC running or the radio and it was not a big deal to me (all 100% true) and YOU turn around and called me a denier along with some other things. I and other never even state we did not believe you.
That type of behavior does not win you allies.
The post and actions have lead one to believe that there is no reasoning and wanting perfect. Also going to be hard to get useful information out of a person to dig deeper at the problem.
In my world of software engineering my time is very limited and very valuable. If a user is going to be abrasive and stand offish that is not a good use of my time as the amount of useful data I could pull at best is super limited.

The fact that force is spending this much time talking to user in and of itself is pretty big. To get you a rough idea those engineerings time is worth 150-200 an hour to Ford. Engineers are not cheap. Why would a company want to spend nearly 1-2k for a person mostly complain when they can get the same and better information from another person?

This has been pointed out to you multiple times. It how you are treated others who do not take it as the same level as you. All of a sudden they are the enemy. Yes it take a little PR.
That is why reviews 1 star review that remove emotions and sticks to facts carries a lot more weight than say 1 star review that says XYZ sucked and does not work. Even though it was the same problem. The one with out emotion has useful info.

Mirak

Threads
Reaction score
Vehicles
Country flag
The fact that force is spending this much time talking to user in and of itself is pretty big. To get you a rough idea those engineerings time is worth 150-200 an hour to Ford. Engineers are not cheap. Why would a company want to spend nearly 1-2k for a person mostly complain when they can get the same and better information from another person?
Their time is worth nothing if Ford cannot continue to employ them. So many employees do not seem to realize the importance and value of customer interaction. Ford IS in the business of customer service, so nobody’s time is too valuable to collect input from customers. It is the input that is valuable.

It is sometimes shocking how many people don’t understand this. And it isn’t just programmers and engineers LOL.

Chudsaviet

First Name
Timofei
Threads
Reaction score
Vehicles
Occupation
Software
Country flag
It not that people do not believe your problem is real. That been pretty well established that it is.
A good example is on the screen buzz when I stated yes I can hear it but can not hear it over the AC running or the radio and it was not a big deal to me (all 100% true) and YOU turn around and called me a denier along with some other things. I and other never even state we did not believe you.
That type of behavior does not win you allies.
The post and actions have lead one to believe that there is no reasoning and wanting perfect. Also going to be hard to get useful information out of a person to dig deeper at the problem.
In my world of software engineering my time is very limited and very valuable. If a user is going to be abrasive and stand offish that is not a good use of my time as the amount of useful data I could pull at best is super limited.

This has been pointed out to you multiple times. It how you are treated others who do not take it as the same level as you. All of a sudden they are the enemy. Yes it take a little PR.
That is why reviews 1 star review that remove emotions and sticks to facts carries a lot more weight than say 1 star review that says XYZ sucked and does not work. Even though it was the same problem. The one with out emotion has useful info.
I was wrong callin you a denier and apologized. I can do it again: I’m sorry, I had a bad day and haven’t read the full context.

Still, please stop giving advices. People hate receiving advices from some one who put himself at a higher position and speak to them like kids.
I never said simply “it never worked, f* Ford”. All I said is that the “its normal” answer to my problem is not acceptable.

ChasingCoral

First Name
Mark
Threads
Reaction score
Vehicles
GB E4X FE, Leaf, Tacoma, F-150 Lightning ordered
Occupation
Retired oceanographer
Country flag
Based on everyone's experience with PaaK, I plan on just using the fob. Hopefully Ford will smarten up and start including two with every Mach-e. I have no problem keeping another fob in my purse and the tech works consistently.
I recommend you try PaaK before you get scared off by the hype. I never carry a fob except on Mutti-day trips out when dropping Marlin off for service.

zvez

First Name
chris
Threads
Reaction score
Vehicles
2021 Rapid Red Metallic RWD, standard range
Occupation
retired
Country flag
As I posted a few weeks ago, I received an email invitation to have a Zoom call with Ford engineers; I had it scheduled for this morning.

They got my name/info from an email survey I filled out a while back; I've filled out lots of surveys, so I don't know exactly which one it was.

Throughout the course of 70 minutes, while sitting in my car using my phone to Zoom (at their request), I spoke with at least ten Ford folks, each with their expertise. There were engineers and employees (each in their own time slot) asking about everything from the car's interior's , the exterior, charging at home/away, marketing, using the big screen in the car, comfort, driving experience, braking(!).

All in all they were all very nice, and thanked me for me thoughts.

One of my "thoughts" was that they need to give you two key fobs- that Ford expert said instead I really need to use PAAK all the time, and said to set up the ability to start the car on the screen.

Another item I pointed out is that if you're trying to use the owner's manual on the screen, and try to do what the instructions may be for your task, you have to either have a good memory, write down the instructions, or go back and forth between the manual and the task. I said we need a real owner's manual.

I said there should be an easy way to take out the frunk divider.

They hadn't heard from anyone else that the air conditioning comes on, sometimes, when you turn on warm air. They had asked what there should be buttons for, instead of having to use the screen... I said that having to go through the motions to turn off the unwanted cold air, while driving, warranted a button.

I also told them at least three times, that Ford has to up their game with their charging network!

I'm sure there was more, but these seem like the highlights.
the single key fob is probably the lamest aspect of the whole mach e experience for me. It's like they're giving you no option to using PAAK which has a pretty spotty track record thus far.

Agree, we need a paper manual, I went ahead and loaded a copy of the manual onto my phone.

Valkyrja

Threads
Reaction score
Vehicles
2021 Mach-e GTPE, Star White
Occupation
I hack things
Country flag
I recommend you try PaaK before you get scared off by the hype. I never carry a fob except on Mutti-day trips out when dropping Marlin off for service.
Not so much being scared off, more of I work a lot and have little time for BS. The fob will work and I can rely on it. PaaK... depends on a lot of stuff.

Of course I have a long ways to go before I see the car I ordered in April. Lots can happen in that time. In the meantime I will likely end up with a new phone and that could make things easier or not.

I love technology. I love troubleshooting. I love messing with alpha and beta games (even bad ones). I love making things do what they were not designed to do. However, I have to be in the right frame of mind to enjoy those things. Just trying to get from the local grocery store and back home is not the right time.

Chudsaviet

First Name
Timofei
Threads
Reaction score
Vehicles
Occupation
Software
Country flag
Not so much being scared off, more of I work a lot and have little time for BS. The fob will work and I can rely on it. PaaK... depends on a lot of stuff.

Of course I have a long ways to go before I see the car I ordered in April. Lots can happen in that time. In the meantime I will likely end up with a new phone and that could make things easier or not.

I love technology. I love troubleshooting. I love messing with alpha and beta games (even bad ones). I love making things do what they were not designed to do. However, I have to be in the right frame of mind to enjoy those things. Just trying to get from the local grocery store and back home is not the right time.
Well, they suppose that PAAK works 90% of the time, and during 10% you use the enter keypad and the start password.
I agree that having something working 100% of time is much better.
Sponsored