[Name], last chance to order your Mustang Mach-E

TheSteelRider

Threads
Reaction score
Vehicles
'21 Premium RWD
Country flag
Similar to https://www.macheforum.com/site/threads/confirm-by-august-31st-so-your-mustang-mach‍-‍e-can-be-prioritized-for-production.1050/, just received a second nag email. It's even more poorly worded as the subject suggests this is my "last chance" to order. I still plan to hold out to November / December though.

This is it. Your chance to confirm your Mustang Mach‍-‍E order. Complete your order by August 31st so your Mustang Mach‍-‍E can be prioritized for production.

View Online​

Ford Mustang Mach-E [Name], last chance to order your Mustang Mach-E d72173804f75c3ea1fb715d49b006834
Ford Mustang Mach-E [Name], last chance to order your Mustang Mach-E 1597840519251
Ford Mustang Mach-E [Name], last chance to order your Mustang Mach-E N4HR&angleNo=21&viewType=exterior&width=0&height=0
*****’S PREMIUM
MUSTANG MACH-E​
RESERVATION DATE
11/18/2019​
RESERVATION ID
10015027​
Complete Your Order ›​
AS IF YOU NEEDED

MORE INCENTIVE​

Ford Mustang Mach-E [Name], last chance to order your Mustang Mach-E 73af562e35440685249ba04157a071f7
Purchasing a Mustang Mach-E might qualify you for a $7,500 federal tax credit.*​

Ford Mustang Mach-E [Name], last chance to order your Mustang Mach-E f0904755b75a0f2f74a830e224aacd6f
*The Federal tax credit is a potential future tax savings. The amount of your tax savings will depend on your individual tax circumstances. Please consult with your own tax or legal professional to determine eligibility, specific amount of incentives or rebates available. Incentives and additional rebates are not within Ford’s control. This information does not constitute tax or legal advice. See: https://www.afdc.energy.gov/laws/409. Terms and conditions apply. Computer generated, pre-production image shown. Production models may differ. Coming late 2020.​
Ford Mustang Mach-E [Name], last chance to order your Mustang Mach-E d72173804f75c3ea1fb715d49b006834

Ford Motor Company
Customer Relationship Center (CRC)
P‌.O‌. B‌ox 6‌2‌‌48
Dear‌born‌‌, M‌‌I 48‌1‌26

All Rights Reserved.​

dbsb3233

First Name
TimCO
Threads
Reaction score
Vehicles
2021 Mustang Mach-E FE, 2023 Bronco Sport OB
Occupation
Retired
Country flag
While it doesn't actually say "last chance" anywhere in there, it does suggest it via the Aug 31 date.

I get why they're trying to push people to convert so they don't miss out on the first round of build queuing, it would be nicer if they just spelled it out that way. Since some people (like you) want to intentionally skip the first round but still keep their reservation to covert later but not cancel and start all over at the back of the line.

JamieGeek

Threads
Reaction score
Website
spareelectrons.wordpress.com
Vehicles
Mach-E, old: Bolt, C-Max Energi, Focus Electric
Country flag
Thats great: Hold off, that increases the chance my Rt1 will be built this year ;) LOL

Yes this post is completely selfish...I'm owning that.

OP
OP
TheSteelRider

TheSteelRider

Threads
Reaction score
Vehicles
'21 Premium RWD
Country flag
While it doesn't actually say "last chance" anywhere in there, it does suggest it via the Aug 31 date.

I get why they're trying to push people to convert so they don't miss out on the first round of build queuing, it would be nicer if they just spelled it out that way. Since some people (like you) want to intentionally skip the first round but still keep their reservation to covert later but not cancel and start all over at the back of the line.
I should have been more clear; the subject of the email is the subject of this thread. That said, I know Ford is merely pushing hard and it isn't really my "last chance" :)

Ford Mustang Mach-E [Name], last chance to order your Mustang Mach-E 1597845677082

dbsb3233

First Name
TimCO
Threads
Reaction score
Vehicles
Occupation
Retired
Country flag
Ah, sorry. Yes, from what we've heard here, you should have until Dec 31. Unless that's changed.

darren

Threads
Reaction score
Vehicles
Subaru Outback, Mach-E
Country flag
Don't understand the push. It seems like delivery has now been delayed. There will only be 6000 cars (best case) by the end of the year. I don't see the need to convert until you test drive.

Billyk24

First Name
William
Threads
Reaction score
Vehicles
Ford C-Max Energi, Premium Mach-E ordered
Country flag
Don't understand the push. It seems like delivery has now been delayed. There will only be 6000 cars (best case) by the end of the year. I don't see the need to convert until you test drive.
Delayed based upon what?

dbsb3233

First Name
TimCO
Threads
Reaction score
Vehicles
Occupation
Retired
Country flag
Compared to the previous "insider" communication, you mean? I don't think it's a delay in production per se, just a little different read on the estimated pace they think they'll be cranked out. Sounds like the production start dates are still intact. There's still some lack of clarity on exactly where the FCTP demos fall in the mix. And when the European units start getting into the mix. While curious info, we should probably be taking those insider reports with a grain of salt. It's like trying to complete a jigsaw puzzle with only half the pieces.

But moreover, they still need to have a cut-off date soon so they can set the first run production queue. All the right parts in the right quantities need to be scheduled and queued up for just-in-time delivery. An August 31 cut-off for this pass gives them early Sept to order everything and have it flow in for what (we think) will be customer units starting production late Oct.

Supposedly the FCTP demo units start production Sept 28, and those are probably already decided. (If the info is correct.)

Last edited:

darren

Threads
Reaction score
Vehicles
Subaru Outback, Mach-E
Country flag
Compared to the previous "insider" communication, you mean? I don't think it's a delay per se, just a little different read on the pace they expect to crank them out. Sounds like the production start dates are still intact. There's still some lack of clarity on exactly where the DCFC demos fall in the mix. And when the European units start getting into the mix. While curious info, we should probably be taking those insider reports with a grain of salt. It's like trying to complete a jigsaw puzzle with only half the pieces.

But moreover, they still need to have a cut-off date soon so they can set the first run production queue. All the right parts in the right quantities need to be scheduled and queued up for just-in-time delivery. An August 31 cut-off for this pass gives them early Sept to order everything and have it flow in for what (we think) will be customer units starting production late Oct.
You are right. Thanks for the better explanation. :)

jlauro

First Name
John
Threads
Reaction score
Vehicles
2021 Infinite Blue AWD ER Mach-E
Country flag
They kept extending my deadline (no e-mail notification, just on the web site) to convert my First Edition reservation to an order. I think last I checked (several days ago) it was showing the 18th. Just now, I decided to check again and the deadline is now 12/31/2020 and showing as a premium now instead of first edition reservation. Looks like they converted any non committed first edition reservations to premium reservations, which makes sense and is slightly different than statements of them auto canceling if not confirmed by deadline for first edition. They should have a test drive unit available by then...

dbsb3233

First Name
TimCO
Threads
Reaction score
Vehicles
Occupation
Retired
Country flag
They kept extending my deadline (no e-mail notification, just on the web site) to convert my First Edition reservation to an order. I think last I checked (several days ago) it was showing the 18th. Just now, I decided to check again and the deadline is now 12/31/2020 and showing as a premium now instead of first edition reservation. Looks like they converted any non committed first edition reservations to premium reservations, which makes sense and is slightly different than statements of them auto canceling if not confirmed by deadline for first edition. They should have a test drive unit available by then...
That's interesting. Seems to confirm that FE orders really did get cut off yesterday (no more extensions).

I like that they changed any un-ordered FE reservations to Premium rather than outright cancel. That seems logical and accommodating.

It also confirms people still have until Dec 31 to convert any non-FE/GT reservations to orders.

ChasingCoral

First Name
Mark
Threads
Reaction score
Vehicles
GB E4X FE, Leaf, Tacoma, F-150 Lightning ordered
Occupation
Retired oceanographer
Country flag
I should have been more clear; the subject of the email is the subject of this thread. That said, I know Ford is merely pushing hard and it isn't really my "last chance" :)

Ford Mustang Mach-E [Name], last chance to order your Mustang Mach-E 1597845677082
Last chance to be in the first production run.

I encourage you to reach out to your designated dealer to make sure they DON'T convert it to an order as a "favor" to you. That's happened to several folks.

ChasingCoral

First Name
Mark
Threads
Reaction score
Vehicles
GB E4X FE, Leaf, Tacoma, F-150 Lightning ordered
Occupation
Retired oceanographer
Country flag
Remember that anyone with a low reservation timestamp has a place reserved early in production after the FEs. The push is basically to remind folks that if you don't act now, an early reservation will get pushed back. We'll see if early reservations that don't convert by 8/31 still get priority when they convert later. Ford also wants to get as many orders lined up as possible. I don't blame them.

jlauro

First Name
John
Threads
Reaction score
Vehicles
2021 Infinite Blue AWD ER Mach-E
Country flag
The main reason for the push is how soon do you want the vehicle, especially as you state only 6000 this year. If you want it in 2020 then best not to delay. If 2021 is fine (or even preferred), then no reason to rush.

DaveRuns

Banned
Banned
First Name
Dave
Threads
Reaction score
Vehicles
N/A
Country flag
Similar to https://www.macheforum.com/site/threads/confirm-by-august-31st-so-your-mustang-mach‍-‍e-can-be-prioritized-for-production.1050/, just received a second nag email. It's even more poorly worded as the subject suggests this is my "last chance" to order. I still plan to hold out to November / December though.

View Online​

*****’S PREMIUM
MUSTANG MACH-E​
RESERVATION DATE
11/18/2019​
RESERVATION ID
10015027​
Complete Your Order ›​
AS IF YOU NEEDED

MORE INCENTIVE​

Purchasing a Mustang Mach-E might qualify you for a $7,500 federal tax credit.*​

*The Federal tax credit is a potential future tax savings. The amount of your tax savings will depend on your individual tax circumstances. Please consult with your own tax or legal professional to determine eligibility, specific amount of incentives or rebates available. Incentives and additional rebates are not within Ford’s control. This information does not constitute tax or legal advice. See: https://www.afdc.energy.gov/laws/409. Terms and conditions apply. Computer generated, pre-production image shown. Production models may differ. Coming late 2020.​

Ford Motor Company
Customer Relationship Center (CRC)
P‌.O‌. B‌ox 6‌2‌‌48
Dear‌born‌‌, M‌‌I 48‌1‌26

All Rights Reserved.​
On a side note, weird that my reservation date was a day after yours, yet my reservation number is about 2K less than yours (13,425)