JamieGeek

Threads
Reaction score
Website
spareelectrons.wordpress.com
Vehicles
Mach-E, old: Bolt, C-Max Energi, Focus Electric
Country flag
Sadly another event bites the COVID-19 dust: National Drive Electric Week will be all virtual this year.

I just got an e-mail from the Michigan EAA chapter. Here is Michgan's virtual event landing page: https://sites.google.com/view/drive-electric-michigan/home

For those of you not familiar: National Drive Electric Week is a week in September where EV owners across the country gather to "show off" their EVs and "promote the EV lifestyle". Typically there are small events at local EV organization chapters (there are usually some pretty big ones in California--go figure). Early efforts were called "National Plug In Day" but then they wanted longer to promote EVs so it was turned into a week.

Edit: The national website (https://driveelectricweek.org/) doesn't mention anything about going virtual, perhaps its just the local Michigan chapter that is going virtual...Ah if you search for a local event you see a list of in-person and/or online virtual events you can "attend"--not many at the moment.

For Southeastern Michigan there have been a few local events over the years. When I first got my Focus Electric I participated in one in 2014
Ford Mustang Mach-E National Drive Electric Week goes Virtual this year DSC_0002.JPG
Ford Mustang Mach-E National Drive Electric Week goes Virtual this year DSC_0003.JPG
Ford Mustang Mach-E National Drive Electric Week goes Virtual this year DSC_0004.JPG
:
Ford Mustang Mach-E National Drive Electric Week goes Virtual this year DSC_0011.JPG

Yeah it wasn't very big locally LOL. In the parking lot of a mall.

I did get some questions about the JuiceBox plugged into the car: "How are you charging here, its not plugged in on the other side?" "LOL Its not just showing how/where you plug in"

Last edited:
OP
OP
JamieGeek

JamieGeek

Threads
Reaction score
Website
spareelectrons.wordpress.com
Vehicles
Mach-E, old: Bolt, C-Max Energi, Focus Electric
Country flag