First Name
Jerry
Reaction score
First Name
Jerry
Vehicles
VW Alltrack
Country flag
Was glad that Ford added a driver display to the MME. A friend of mine has a Tesla Model 3 and the lack of one was one thing I didn’t like. But after seeing the driver displays on the ID3, XC40 Recharge, and Polestar 2 - I wish that MME had some nav info on the 12 inch screen. I’m all for simple design but seems a waste to just mainly show Range or Speed. Hoping that maybe it can be updated as it matures. I also liked that the ID3 center display was slightly tilted towards the driver - but I think that will not happen with the MME. Big screens are nice but will probably have to rely on voice commands - using a screen while driving is still a challenge given poorly maintained roads. Like someone said - tie an iPad to a pillow and a massager and try to enter selections, I know I’m always having issues acknowledging Waze alerts.....

jksu

Reaction score
Vehicles
volvo
Country flag
agree.

if they're going to bother to have a digital center display, i hope they make use it much like most luxury brands do, where you can customize the content there, including nav. just having a speedo and battery is a bit too minimal and seems like a waste of the technology there. hoping that was just because it was pre-production and they had a lot of work left to do on it

macheman

Reaction score
Vehicles
Honda Civic '06
Occupation
IT
Country flag
I think the Mach E will have some navigation info on the driver display from the CES video below. I fast forwarded for convenience. They talk about showing way points like Home and Work on the range bar. Pretty neat. I actually prefer minimal info on the driver display, just like it cleaner\less distracting, but of course customization would always be welcomed!