Chris
Threads
Reaction score
Vehicles
'22 Rapid Red MME GT (Non-PE), '16 Mustang GT Conv
Occupation
IT Support
Country flag
I took delivery of my GT (non PE) around November 1st. I'm loving this car, but from day 1, the built in navigation shows no map at all. If I go into navigation settings and choose "Installed Maps", there are no entries. I believe the GPS works as I can get a location on the car through the Fordpass App.

At the dealer technician and a a regional technician's direction, multiple resets on the system (full and partial) have been tried and still no map is displayed. Earlier this month I left the car with the dealer for a couple of weeks - after unsuccessfully trying the resets again, they had a call in to someone at Ford who wanted to step them through a different procedure. After waiting on that call for several days, I decided (with their approval) to take the car back. The weather here is getting wintery and I don't want to leave it out in the elements for no reason - it normally lives in my garage.

Something of note that could have caused or contributed to this - after my car was taken off the train in Salt Lake City and then scheduled to be trucked over to my dealer, the truck driver reported that he could not start the car as it appeared it had been left on at some point and the battery must have died. Someone had to come out and jump/charge it before they could load it on another truck a few days later. It's possible that when the system was dead that it lost some critical piece of information it needs for the navigation. Just speculation though.

So now, here I am, 7 weeks after taking delivery, and I still have no navigation in the car.

Anyone else have this issue? Does anyone know someone at Ford who might be able to move this along?
Sponsored

Gimme_my_MME

Threads
Reaction score
Vehicles
Grabber Blue First Edition Mustang Mach-E
Occupation
Engineer
Country flag
I took delivery of my GT (non PE) around November 1st. I'm loving this car, but from day 1, the built in navigation shows no map at all. If I go into navigation settings and choose "Installed Maps", there are no entries. I believe the GPS works as I can get a location on the car through the Fordpass App.

At the dealer technician and a a regional technician's direction, multiple resets on the system (full and partial) have been tried and still no map is displayed. Earlier this month I left the car with the dealer for a couple of weeks - after unsuccessfully trying the resets again, they had a call in to someone at Ford who wanted to step them through a different procedure. After waiting on that call for several days, I decided (with their approval) to take the car back. The weather here is getting wintery and I don't want to leave it out in the elements for no reason - it normally lives in my garage.

Something of note that could have caused or contributed to this - after my car was taken off the train in Salt Lake City and then scheduled to be trucked over to my dealer, the truck driver reported that he could not start the car as it appeared it had been left on at some point and the battery must have died. Someone had to come out and jump/charge it before they could load it on another truck a few days later. It's possible that when the system was dead that it lost some critical piece of information it needs for the navigation. Just speculation though.

So now, here I am, 7 weeks after taking delivery, and I still have no navigation in the car.

Anyone else have this issue? Does anyone know someone at Ford who might be able to move this along?
I am pretty sure the dealer will need to reload the as-built software and then reapply any updates. A few other people have seen this and it is rare but fixable

https://www.macheforum.com/site/threads/no-sync-maps-or-navigation.6020/#post-169517

OP
OP
csilvest

csilvest

First Name
Chris
Threads
Reaction score
Vehicles
'22 Rapid Red MME GT (Non-PE), '16 Mustang GT Conv
Occupation
IT Support
Country flag
I am pretty sure the dealer will need to reload the as-built software and then reapply any updates. A few other people have seen this and it is rare but fixable

https://www.macheforum.com/site/threads/no-sync-maps-or-navigation.6020/#post-169517
I checked that thread and it looks like a pretty similar issue and it seems likely the same resolution would work for me. It's disappointing that the guy had to legally threaten the dealer via lemon laws to get any movement though. Hopefully it won't take that for me.

Ford, are you seeing this? My dealer has been very reasonable with me, but they are waiting on you for direction. Please help me get this taken care of?

Ford Motor Company

Official Ford Account
First Name
Ford
Threads
Reaction score
Vehicles
Mach-E
Country flag

Hello! Could you please privately message us with your VIN and the name and location of your Ford dealer? I'll check into this navigation concern on my end.
Sponsored