Navigation shows car 2 blocks away

CMRD

Threads
Reaction score
Vehicles
Mach E Premium ER RWD
Country flag
My navigation started doing something odd today. Nav was working on blue cruise, then showed acar in a location a bit off the map. It gave me a “drive to highlighted route”, but route moves away as car moves. Car is parked but shows itself 2 blocks over. I tried to reset Sync but no effect. Ford says take it to the dealer. Any ideas?
Sponsored

JCHLi

Threads
Reaction score
Vehicles
2021 Mustang Mach-E First Edition
Country flag
It happened to me twice this afternoon. First time it got back in track after a few minutes. The second time it was hopping all over the place spinning in circles, I had to close navigation.

Now that I'm home the car says it's an hour away and won't follow my charging schedule as out doesn't realize it's home.

Not sure if it's coincidence on the timing or something was/is currently causing the issues.

OP
OP

CMRD

Threads
Reaction score
Vehicles
Mach E Premium ER RWD
Country flag
Mine is doing that now. Charging is going to 100% even thought set for 90% because it doesn’t think it is home. Maybe it will be better tomorrow

robbinbadams

First Name
Robbin
Threads
Reaction score
Vehicles
California Route 1
Occupation
Electrical Engineer
Country flag
It happened to me twice this afternoon. First time it got back in track after a few minutes. The second time it was hopping all over the place spinning in circles, I had to close navigation.

Now that I'm home the car says it's an hour away and won't follow my charging schedule as out doesn't realize it's home.

Not sure if it's coincidence on the timing or something was/is currently causing the issues.
It’s a bad GPS receiver. We have thousands of recorders that have GPS receivers in them. A few of them will act like that. Some will run across the world. You need a new GPS receiver.

OP
OP

CMRD

Threads
Reaction score
Vehicles
Mach E Premium ER RWD
Country flag
My does this for one commute per month. It always resets itself the next day
Did the dealer take a look at it? Did they give any feedback as to why the car does this? Mine is only 3 weeks old and has 800 km (500 mi) on it. I have only used Nav 3 times

dfcliff

Threads
Reaction score
Vehicles
2021 Mustang Mach-E Select AWD
Country flag
Not sure if this is the same issue or not, but when I updated the APIM module (Sync) it messed up the GPS for a little while. But I did a force reboot of Sync (while I was driving) and the GPS started working again immediately after the reboot.

On the steering wheel controls, press and hold the seek right (or next) and volume down buttons for about 10 seconds and Sync will reboot. Give that a try and see if it corrects the GPS issue.

JCHLi

Threads
Reaction score
Vehicles
Country flag
Mine corrected itself over night. Not sure what causes it as this is the first time I remember it happening to me in the 15 months I've had the car.

I have seen this happen before with my phone or other GPS units, unusually I find out there was heavy solar flare activity when it happened.

Not sure if it's a faulty part on the car, software glitch or server issue. For what it's worth, the issue occurred both with Ford navigation and Android Auto. But if I disconnected my phone from the car, Google navigation worked. I supposed when using Android Auto, the phone uses the cars gps instead of the phone's.

Electric Goat

Threads
Reaction score
Vehicles
'21 Mach-E GT
Occupation
3x HVBJB Failure Tester
Country flag
Did the dealer take a look at it? Did they give any feedback as to why the car does this? Mine is only 3 weeks old and has 800 km (500 mi) on it. I have only used Nav 3 times
I'm not trying to go back to my dealer anytime soon so I'll live with it. My car sat for over 4 weeks when a stop safely now bricked my car. I need to find another dealer nearby that I can trust and one that won't just park my car at the back of the lot because they're scared to work on it or too busy to work on it.

Electric Goat

Threads
Reaction score
Vehicles
'21 Mach-E GT
Occupation
3x HVBJB Failure Tester
Country flag
Mine corrected itself over night. Not sure what causes it as this is the first time I remember it happening to me in the 15 months I've had the car.

I have seen this happen before with my phone or other GPS units, unusually I find out there was heavy solar flare activity when it happened.

Not sure if it's a faulty part on the car, software glitch or server issue. For what it's worth, the issue occurred both with Ford navigation and Android Auto. But if I disconnected my phone from the car, Google navigation worked. I supposed when using Android Auto, the phone uses the cars gps instead of the phone's.
Precisely this. I'm also using Android auto and this was also my observation.

zhackwyatt

Threads
Reaction score
Vehicles
'21 InfBlu Prem MMEx Past: '13 C-Max '98 Explorer
Country flag
It will fix itself the next day. By chance did you get an OTA? That is what caused it for me last time.

JCHLi

Threads
Reaction score
Vehicles
Country flag
It will fix itself the next day. By chance did you get an OTA? That is what caused it for me last time.
If only, I actually thought that maybe, just maybe I was getting an update... But alas I'm still waiting... All bugs no updates..

Maquis

First Name
Dave
Threads
Reaction score
Vehicles
2021 Mach E4X, 2023 Lightning Lariat ER
Country flag
It may fix itself, but the fix may not be permanent. My 2013 Explorer does this about 1 out of 10 times. I think it’s a problem with the GPS receiver. I stopped using it anyway once Ford tried to get me to pay $200 to get up to date maps.

OP
OP

CMRD

Threads
Reaction score
Vehicles
Mach E Premium ER RWD
Country flag
My does this for one commute per month. It always resets itself the next day
I got the same effect. Went back to normal this am and is now working fine. I will have to see if it happens again
Sponsored