Mike
Threads
Reaction score
Vehicles
'22 Mach-E GTPE - Cyber Orange
Occupation
Chemical Engineer
Country flag
After lurking around here for a while, I'm ready to put my order in for a Cyber Orange Premium 4x!

Does anyone have experience with Nick Mayer Ford in Mayfield Heights, OH? It is right down the road from me so it would be convenient to buy through them.

I did see someone commented that Klaben Ford in Kent, OH was good, so I could go there, but is quite a bit farther. General (non Mach-e) dealer reviews put Klaben ahead of Nick Mayer.

Anyone have thoughts on the value of going about an hour out of the way to go to a good dealer vs. an unknown dealer 5 min away?

I think I'm leaning toward going the distance, but I worry a bit about the service aspect. If I want to get the Mach-e serviced at the nearby dealer, perhaps it is better to buy from them as they may treat me better (compared to if I bought from a different dealer)? Are there certain dealers that are more prepared to service EVs?

Thanks!
-Mike
Sponsored

GoGoGadgetMachE

First Name
Michael
Threads
Reaction score
Vehicles
2021 Mach-E 1st Ed., 2022 Lightning Platinum
Occupation
Professional forum cheerleader and fanboy
Country flag
After lurking around here for a while, I'm ready to put my order in for a Cyber Orange Premium 4x!

Does anyone have experience with Nick Mayer Ford in Mayfield Heights, OH? It is right down the road from me so it would be convenient to buy through them.

I did see someone commented that Klaben Ford in Kent, OH was good, so I could go there, but is quite a bit farther. General (non Mach-e) dealer reviews put Klaben ahead of Nick Mayer.

Anyone have thoughts on the value of going about an hour out of the way to go to a good dealer vs. an unknown dealer 5 min away?

I think I'm leaning toward going the distance, but I worry a bit about the service aspect. If I want to get the Mach-e serviced at the nearby dealer, perhaps it is better to buy from them as they may treat me better (compared to if I bought from a different dealer)? Are there certain dealers that are more prepared to service EVs?

Thanks!
-Mike
If a dealer can sell you the Mach-E, they are in theory able to service it, etc. - there's a whole thing around that.

the big thing will be can they actually manage the sale - like if you want A/Z/X plan, will they do it? if you want Ford Options, will they do it? if you do online checkout, will they take it or try to screw around still?

For some reason I thought Nick Mayer had gone Autonation and had a terrible reputation since then, but it looks like not, so I'm not sure who I'm thinking of...

once you buy the car, you can have it serviced anywhere (that can do Mach-E anyway) - where you buy it probably won't matter, at least in my experience. so don't get hung up on that. It's very possible the service department won't even notice where you bought the car.

I don't have personal experience with either dealer but there are other relatively local people eg @jhalkias around. I bought mine at Mike Bass Ford since they are very very local to me (your 5 minutes away is about right) and other than Ford Options being a real problem for them, and them still being a little confused about the Mach-E sometimes because of how new it is, they were fine. They have their own Body Shop as well which is a good thing, especially considering the pending roof/windshield recall.

jhalkias

First Name
John
Threads
Reaction score
Vehicles
'21 RR ME FE, '22 Corsair GT, '22 Lightning Lariat
Occupation
Benefit Fund Administrator
Country flag
If a dealer can sell you the Mach-E, they are in theory able to service it, etc. - there's a whole thing around that.

the big thing will be can they actually manage the sale - like if you want A/Z/X plan, will they do it? if you want Ford Options, will they do it? if you do online checkout, will they take it or try to screw around still?

For some reason I thought Nick Mayer had gone Autonation and had a terrible reputation since then, but it looks like not, so I'm not sure who I'm thinking of...

once you buy the car, you can have it serviced anywhere (that can do Mach-E anyway) - where you buy it probably won't matter, at least in my experience. so don't get hung up on that. It's very possible the service department won't even notice where you bought the car.

I don't have personal experience with either dealer but there are other relatively local people eg @jhalkias around. I bought mine at Mike Bass Ford since they are very very local to me (your 5 minutes away is about right) and other than Ford Options being a real problem for them, and them still being a little confused about the Mach-E sometimes because of how new it is, they were fine. They have their own Body Shop as well which is a good thing, especially considering the pending roof/windshield recall.
I got my car at Waikem Ford in Massillon - I am sure too far for him. I also bought a car a few years ago at Klaben in Kent, and had no problems with them, and Autonation in Canton.

OP
OP

MTG

First Name
Mike
Threads
Reaction score
Vehicles
Occupation
Chemical Engineer
Country flag
I got my car at Waikem Ford in Massillon - I am sure too far for him. I also bought a car a few years ago at Klaben in Kent, and had no problems with them, and Autonation in Canton.
Thank you

OP
OP

MTG

First Name
Mike
Threads
Reaction score
Vehicles
Occupation
Chemical Engineer
Country flag
Thank you both for the help. Perhaps I am being too picky about this...I just have no prior experience with the local Ford dealers. I might just go talk to a few people at Nick Mayer and see how knowledgeable they seem, since I am considering Ford Options. I won't have any discount plan.

I was planning on ordering online, so hopefully the dealer I do end up with is okay with that.

kulaga

First Name
Jason
Threads
Reaction score
Vehicles
2021 MME Premium ER Grey, 2023 MME GT Black
Country flag

Sorry to resurrect an old thread...

Bought my car from Autonation East since they had a reservation cancellation available. Thought I should stick with Autonation for the windshield recall so I made an appointment with Autonation Westlake even though Mike Bass is 5 minutes away (I'm in Avon). Not impressed so far. Brought the car in for the appointment and was told sorry, we can't do it today since we need to order parts but we can do the software recall (must have meant the customer satisfaction program). Even though I specifically asked about their ability to handle the recall when making the appointment. Just found out they need to keep it for a third day, because they were waiting for an email from Ford!?! They also no longer have loaner cars since their Sales department sold them all. That's three strikes. I don't think I trust them to do the windshield work. Are you still having a good experience with Mike Bass?

GoGoGadgetMachE

First Name
Michael
Threads
Reaction score
Vehicles
2021 Mach-E 1st Ed., 2022 Lightning Platinum
Occupation
Professional forum cheerleader and fanboy
Country flag
Sorry to resurrect an old thread...

Bought my car from Autonation East since they had a reservation cancellation available. Thought I should stick with Autonation for the windshield recall so I made an appointment with Autonation Westlake even though Mike Bass is 5 minutes away (I'm in Avon). Not impressed so far. Brought the car in for the appointment and was told sorry, we can't do it today since we need to order parts but we can do the software recall (must have meant the customer satisfaction program). Even though I specifically asked about their ability to handle the recall when making the appointment. Just found out they need to keep it for a third day, because they were waiting for an email from Ford!?! They also no longer have loaner cars since their Sales department sold them all. That's three strikes. I don't think I trust them to do the windshield work. Are you still having a good experience with Mike Bass?
for the most part.

The good news is that they've been reasonably patient with making things work out, the bad news is they are still learning the Mach-E so sometimes I have to push a little.

I did get a loaner last time they had the car for a while - it was a Mazda crossover that was kind of garbage, but it was a car. The biggest thing is that they schedule the loaners so that can delay getting something done.

OP
OP

MTG

First Name
Mike
Threads
Reaction score
Vehicles
Occupation
Chemical Engineer
Country flag
FYI, I ordered my GTPE with Preston Ford today. I took care of everything over the phone/email after I ordered from Ford.com. At first they said there would be $2K ADM. That didn't show up on Ford.com and I said I really wasn't expecting that. After telling me that they do that will all new orders my sales rep said he would talk to his manager to see what he could do. They came back and said as long as I financed with them I could have it with $0 ADM--just MSRP.

They also said no X-plan. I guess I subscribed to Mustang Club of America just for the articles :)

Everyone I talked to at Preston seemed very friendly. I'll let everyone know how the transaction goes in 6 months, 8 months, 10 months...whenever they get around to building my car and getting it to me!
Sponsored