Need Advice Pls. My Jan 22 order has arrived...

Guppydriver

First Name
Aaron
Threads
Reaction score
Vehicles
F150 Lariat PB
Country flag
I was advised my (for my wife) AWD Premium which I ordered in Jan 22 has arrived on 12/24. I seriously at times forgot I even had it ordered, and it actually came as a surprise. I must have deleted the Ford emails thinking it was marketing for my F-150. I have been off the forums for a number of months.

I know there are lots of threads on my exact issue, but my time is limited since I am headed to the dealer tomorrow to see the car and verify numbers.

The short version is, I am thinking about passing on the car, but may take delivery (assuming the dealer doesn't pull a fast one with regards to pricing). I love the Mach, but here are my concerns. I understand people will say "do you want" or "only you can decide", but I'm looking for honest advice from people who understand both the car and current buying process. The biggest thing is we WILL be buying our Cadillac Lyriq that we ordered on 5/18. My wife is in love with that car, but I have a suspicion it will be at LEAST six months before we see it. Once we buy it, the Mme will be sold or traded in.

Here are my questions/issues that I am hoping can be answered.

1. Is the old federal rebate for sure still available if we close prior to 2023? I will not meet income restrictions (barely) for the new plan. It has to qualify for the current $7500. We are anticipating owing about 7k in April, and it would be fabulous to not have to write that check.

2. Our order was for a MY22. The sticker is for a MY22 and it looks as though the price is $59370 including destination. Any national rebates or financing incentives I should know about?

3. Dealer promised me X plan back in Jan 22. Still available?

4. I know the used market is falling. Do you honestly think I could recoup my money when we sell/trade in the car for the Lyriq when it arrives? I know there are no guarantees , but what is your honest opinion? I now there will be tax rebates in 23 as well and am worried that will affect my sale price. I don't want to make money, just break even. If I can do that, I get $7500 for the EV credit and don't pay for gas for the next 6-0 months.

5. (TLDR) Is it worth buying and driving to only have at most a year? Should I just stick it out, write a check for 7K to the IRS, and have my wife continue to drive her 2016 beat up Explorer?

Sorry again for not having the time to scrutinize the forums and for the long post. I have to decide before 2pm tomorrow.

Advice greatly appreciated.

Aaron
Sponsored

devmach-e

First Name
David
Threads
Reaction score
Vehicles
2022 Premium RWD ER, 2016 Toyota Highlander Hybrid
Occupation
Unix Sysadmin
Country flag
Full value of the tax credit is available if you purchase by December 31st, 2022.

HGxxx

First Name
Harish
Threads
Reaction score
Vehicles
Fusion energi, mach e premium standard range
Country flag
You will get the tax credit if you take delivery this year in 2022. And 2023 tax credit depends on a lot of stuff. Did you get a 22 or 23? As you know the price of 23 has increased, so I don't know if that affects your selling price later,

NiceandSimpleMache

First Name
Will
Threads
Reaction score
Vehicles
Future 2023 Mustang Mach E Premium RWD
Occupation
Network Engineer
Country flag
I wonder if I will get the taxes credit if I sign my financing deal for my 23 MME but I won't get the car until 1/9?

RickMachE

Threads
Reaction score
Vehicles
2022 Mach-E Premium 4X, 2022 Lightning Lariat
Country flag

generaltso

Threads
Reaction score
Vehicles
2021 MME Premium AWD SR Infinite Blue
Country flag
Buy the car. Chances are good youā€™ll be able to break even after the tax credit. You can still use X-plan.

RickMachE

Threads
Reaction score
Vehicles
Country flag
1) What you OWE in April is irrelevant. What your withholding was is irrelevant. What matters is your tax LIABILITY. If that is $7,500 or higher (sounds like it would be since you're worried about income levels in 2023).

2) You will get whatever incentives existed at time of order.

3) Yes, on a 2022. Not on a 2023. 2% off MSRP, plus $275 processing fee, max of $100 paperwork.

4) If you take into account the tax credit, I think you'd breakeven. If you are asking if you can sell it for MSRP in 6 months, no, you won't.

5) Yes.

Last edited:

Garbone

First Name
Gary
Threads
Reaction score
Vehicles
21 Mach E , 22 MachE, 62 C10 Big window long bed
Occupation
Loafer
Country flag
Xplan on my 22 that I picked up on the 8th. My dealer was awesome

OP
OP
Guppydriver

Guppydriver

First Name
Aaron
Threads
Reaction score
Vehicles
F150 Lariat PB
Country flag
1) What you OWE in April is irrelevant. What your withholding was is irrelevant. What matters is your tax LIABILITY. If that is $7,500 or higher (sounds like it would be since you're worried about income levels in 2023).

2) You will get whatever incentives existed at time of order.

3) Yes, on a 2022. Not on a 2023. 2% off MSRP, plus $275 processing fee, max of $100 paperwork.

4) If you take into account the tax credit, I think you'd breakeven. If you are asking if you can sell it for MSRP in 6 months, no, you won't.

5) Yes.

Thanks...

As far as my taxes..I have predetermined that my tax liability (about 60K) will be about 7k more than my withholdings. So the Mach E would mitigate me from having to write a check if that makes sense.

Mine is a 22', so I am hoping they honor the X Plan deal. I have texts and emails from Jan 22, but nothing official.

I'm seeing more and more Mme's so I understand selling for MSRP won't be an option. Not looking to "flip" or profit in any way, just trying to bridge the gap between now and the Cadillac, but don't want to lose a ton of money doing so.

Thanks so much for the advice. I sincerely appreciate it.

RickMachE

Threads
Reaction score
Vehicles
Country flag
The market was different 3 - 4 months back. Sold my 2021 for $5k more than I paid (including tax). The dealer that bought it last listed it for $2k less than they paid me, don't know what their final price was.

Predicting the market is hard, but chips are more plentiful, prices keep going up, tax credit won't apply to many 2023s (as was just released, which helps resellers), so who knows.

Mirak

Threads
Reaction score
Vehicles
"Sonic" 2021 MME Grabber Blue First Edition
Country flag
If you can buy that car at x-plan pricing, hell yes.

Reactions: ARK
OP
OP
Guppydriver

Guppydriver

First Name
Aaron
Threads
Reaction score
Vehicles
F150 Lariat PB
Country flag
Thanks for all the advice. They gave it to me at X Plan as promised , so I figured with the tax credit, I wouldnā€™t lose my shirt if I decided to sell when the Caddy comes. Thanks to all.

One thing that irked me this morning though. HF wasnā€™t working so I looked and saw my maps are expired (MY22). I called the dealer and they said I would have to PAY for the service. What ?? I told her they were expired before I even took delivery and she said it could be my trial is over ??? WTF?? Iā€™ve had the car for 12 hours. Any advice would be appreciated.
Ford Mustang Mach-E Need Advice Pls.  My Jan 22 order has arrived... AAF0C43A-2FAB-4E86-90BD-7CEC933E0923

Last edited:

Logal727

First Name
C
Threads
Reaction score
Vehicles
ā€˜21 Carbonized Gray Mustang Mach-E Premium AWD Ext
Country flag
Wait the AWD Lyriq is only $63k? Wow. Probably qualifies for tax credit in ā€˜23 too.

OP
OP
Guppydriver

Guppydriver

First Name
Aaron
Threads
Reaction score
Vehicles
F150 Lariat PB
Country flag
Wait the AWD Lyriq is only $63k? Wow. Probably qualifies for tax credit in ā€˜23 too.
Sounds about what I ordered mine at.... May 18th first day reservation. It will qualify for some of the rebate, it's just no one knows how much. The communication by Cadillac has been awful.

Logal727

First Name
C
Threads
Reaction score
Vehicles
ā€˜21 Carbonized Gray Mustang Mach-E Premium AWD Ext
Country flag
Sounds about what I ordered mine at.... May 18th first day reservation. It will qualify for some of the rebate, it's just no one knows how much. The communication by Cadillac has been awful.
Iā€™ve heard GMC dealers in general have been very bad, even worse than Ford. A relative of mine preordered the $125k Hummer EV 2 years ago and no one could give him an idea of when heā€™d get his, meanwhile they are letting people skip him in line cause they pay $50k over MSRP.
Sponsored