Stickman

First Name
Nate
Threads
Reaction score
Vehicles
Fusion
Country flag
First of all I need to thank everyone for all their many posts. I've been a long time forum lurker and I've enjoyed the conversations and information that has been provide (I was even hear for the start of the mega thread post).

As my topic states, I have a concern with my Mach E production date. I reserved my Mach E premium standard range AWD in March of 2020 and placed my order 6-27-20. On Nov 5th I received my email stating that my production date would be Jan 11th 2021 (yah!).
I then received and email on Dec 18th that said my production date was moved back till Jan 18th (not really surprised).
On Jan 12th I received another email saying another delay till Feb 1st (still ok with this).
I again received another email on Jan 20th stating that the production date would be Feb 8th (following the forums I am still fine with things).
On Jan 28th I was told again via email that my production date would be Feb 15th, (so close!)
This morning I received the following:
Ford Mustang Mach-E Need advice with Mach E production dates 1613682699029

This really feels like a kick in the teeth as there is no explanation for this kind of a delay. Has anyone else had this type of delay?
Any advise other then just to wait it out? One thing to note is that the previous emails stated that my "production date had changed" and this new email does not say that. I have stuck with all my original reservations and not changed, or made new ones.
Well I guess this is somewhat of a first world kind of problem, maybe I just need to commiserate with people who area as excited as I am to own a Mach E.
Sponsored

OP
OP

Stickman

First Name
Nate
Threads
Reaction score
Vehicles
Fusion
Country flag
I forgot to mention that I have a window sticker and I can see my VIN on my Ford dealerships website under new inventory.
Thanks

JellyBelly

First Name
Kris
Threads
Reaction score
Vehicles
MME RR FE
Country flag
First of all I need to thank everyone for all their many posts. I've been a long time forum lurker and I've enjoyed the conversations and information that has been provide (I was even hear for the start of the mega thread post).

As my topic states, I have a concern with my Mach E production date. I reserved my Mach E premium standard range AWD in March of 2020 and placed my order 6-27-20. On Nov 5th I received my email stating that my production date would be Jan 11th 2021 (yah!).
I then received and email on Dec 18th that said my production date was moved back till Jan 18th (not really surprised).
On Jan 12th I received another email saying another delay till Feb 1st (still ok with this).
I again received another email on Jan 20th stating that the production date would be Feb 8th (following the forums I am still fine with things).
On Jan 28th I was told again via email that my production date would be Feb 15th, (so close!)
This morning I received the following:
Ford Mustang Mach-E Need advice with Mach E production dates 1613682699029

This really feels like a kick in the teeth as there is no explanation for this kind of a delay. Has anyone else had this type of delay?
Any advise other then just to wait it out? One thing to note is that the previous emails stated that my "production date had changed" and this new email does not say that. I have stuck with all my original reservations and not changed, or made new ones.
Well I guess this is somewhat of a first world kind of problem, maybe I just need to commiserate with people who area as excited as I am to own a Mach E.
Not seen delays like this one i.e. 3 months (seen upto 6 weeks push back)- not sure

Ocdavis41

First Name
Owen
Threads
Reaction score
Vehicles
Ford Fusion, Mustang GT, Mustang Mach-e
Occupation
Security
Country flag
Have you been able to get in touch with the dealer? It was my understanding that the window sticker and VIN number are not generated until the order has been sent to the factory. This 3 month push does not make any sense

stmache

First Name
Scott
Threads
Reaction score
Vehicles
2023 Ford Mustang Mach-e GTP, 2017 Ford Mustang EB
Occupation
IT Manager, Photographer
Country flag
I think a call to your dealer is in order. That's ridiculous to go from February to May. My production schedule week is 2/21/2021 and it hasn't moved for weeks (knock on wood!).

OP
OP

Stickman

First Name
Nate
Threads
Reaction score
Vehicles
Fusion
Country flag
I reached out to my dealer who said they would ___check into it___. I also saw my window sticker from the Ford site and the tracker tool on the forums.

Ocdavis41

First Name
Owen
Threads
Reaction score
Vehicles
Ford Fusion, Mustang GT, Mustang Mach-e
Occupation
Security
Country flag
If you have a VIN number the dealership should definitely be able to track the progress of the car.

RonTCat

First Name
Ron
Threads
Reaction score
Vehicles
Mach-E wannabuy
Country flag
I reached out to my dealer who said they would ___check into it___. I also saw my window sticker from the Ford site and the tracker tool on the forums.
What are the last 5 numbers of the VIN?

OP
OP

Stickman

First Name
Nate
Threads
Reaction score
Vehicles
Fusion
Country flag
Shows build start scheduled for 2/20. Interesting.
That would be great if it starts 2/20 How were you able to find that out?
I also just checked the Ford.com site and it shows the following:
Ford Mustang Mach-E Need advice with Mach E production dates 1613685381071

Still says the week of the 14th on their site and the email I received today was at 7:00 a.m.
Thank you for checking, my fingers are crossed.

OP
OP

Stickman

First Name
Nate
Threads
Reaction score
Vehicles
Fusion
Country flag
It seems like that last email was a misfire.
Ok I can verify that this email from Ford was a misfire! I got the build letter today. Sorry for any alarms I may have raised, I was just quite surprised to get the first email posted in the start of the thread.
Premium AWD SR
Reserved March 2020
Ordered June 2020
Scheduled for production week of 2/15/21
Ford app activation button live on 2/24/21
Build email received on 2/26/21
Expected deliver 4/6/21
Sponsored