Need help impressing car nut father-in-law. What do you show "guests" first?

OP
OP
X-Gas

X-Gas

First Name
Nate
Threads
Reaction score
Vehicles
Chevy Traverse, Ford Escape, MME Pr AWD (ord 4/21)
Occupation
Sales
Country flag
Simply because new driver needs to get used to it.
If they don't keep the paddle pressed to the floor and let off, car will start to break and there goes your 0-60.
Right, these are traditional car guys. We'll save 1pd for a parking lot this summer...
Sponsored

RosarioM

First Name
Rosario
Threads
Reaction score
Vehicles
Mach e GT
Country flag
Hey all you helpful folks!
I recently got my Mach-E (10 months order to delivery). I'll be at my in-laws for Super Bowl and want to impress my car nut, electrical engineer father-in-law and Camaro-collector uncle (both good dudes) with my new car.
I am not a car guy, more of a tech guy. He once told me about hitting my frozen snowthrower with a hammer to unstick a bendix and flywheel. I thought I was getting pranked, but hey, it worked...

What stats/specs do I say to impress them? What do I show them when they sit in it? What will really wow them (aside from the acceleration)? What is the first thing you show guests?

2021, Premium, All Wheel Drive, Extended battery, space white, light interior.

Thank you.
As others have said let him drive it. I had my brother convinced he should get a sporty ICE and was talking about how he knew ICEs would eventually go away and wanted one last loud powerful one. Literally a 10 minute drive in mine, he turns to his son and says “I think I should get this.”

IMDIDOC

First Name
Alex
Threads
Reaction score
Vehicles
2021 Mach-E FE, 1970 Z-28 RS Original Owner
Occupation
Optometrist
Country flag
Engineers like numbers. Since I have an all original 1970 Z28 RS I can tell you it has: 370 lb-ft @ 4000 rpm. Yours has 428 lb-ft right from the get-go. Zero to 60 for the 70 Camaro is 5.8 (per Car and Driver) while yours is about 4.8 seconds. Quarter mile for my Z is 14.2 which is almost identical to the MME.

And the number at the gas pump is over $4.00/gal for premium, while your electricity charging at home is much less.

Yes new Camaros are faster, but no ICE has max torque without getting the tach to the desired RPM.

rzanzerkia

First Name
Robert
Threads
Reaction score
Vehicles
2013 Acura TL, 2016 MB GLE350, 2021 Mach-e Premium
Country flag
Engineers like numbers. Since I have an all original 1970 Z28 RS I can tell you it has: 370 lb-ft @ 4000 rpm. Yours has 428 lb-ft right from the get-go. Zero to 60 for the 70 Camaro is 5.8 (per Car and Driver) while yours is about 4.8 seconds. Quarter mile for my Z is 14.2 which is almost identical to the MME.

And the number at the gas pump is over $4.00/gal for premium, while your electricity charging at home is much less.

Yes new Camaros are faster, but no ICE has max torque without getting the tach to the desired RPM.
There in lies the power of electric motor torque to wheels.
Once you experience this, it is so smooth that you get addicted.
ICE muscle cars are faster in general but not from standstill like BEV.

greenaero

First Name
Vic
Threads
Reaction score
Vehicles
Ford MME gray , Mazda Cx5, Honda CBR250R
Occupation
Retired Firefighter
Country flag
Great suggestions ,test drive , tour of the interior , scroll the screen options, PAAK if you are competent with it, the frunk, and the definitely puddle lamps.

AllenXS

First Name
Allen
Threads
Reaction score
Vehicles
Premium Blue ER AWD
Country flag
Yes! Great ideas. I always show the screen but then I'm at a loss what to show on the screen. Thinking driving modes, camera. And yes, I'll show them unbridled, with the animations and "sounds"
Still haven't opened the frunk yet myself!
Fill the frunk full of ice, a few beers on top. Best technology ever

DR.J56

Threads
Reaction score
Vehicles
2020 F-350. 2021 Mustang Mach E
Country flag
Good Lord don’t show them Paak or the pony lights! From personal experience, that’s how they stop working. Then there you are, trying to get into your new car.

OP
OP
X-Gas

X-Gas

First Name
Nate
Threads
Reaction score
Vehicles
Chevy Traverse, Ford Escape, MME Pr AWD (ord 4/21)
Occupation
Sales
Country flag
Well, it dropped 4 inches of snow here in Metro Detoit that Sunday, so I had to take another car to visit. Not gonna get the same impact in the slippery roads… Looks like we'll have to wait until Easter.

So, I figure it’ll go like this:
Park the car at a cool angle in the driveway. Walk up, allow the pony puddle lights to come on. (Tell him to press the button to open - that has tripped up a few people) Get in, show him around the screen, the camera angles, the custom options, etc.

Drive around a bit the neighborhood, get a feel for the car - play it cool - causally drive by a gas station. Go to a school parking lot, and show how it can park itself. Hand the keys over to let him drive, put in Unbridled mode; suggest that we find an open stretch to gun it - preferably an on-ramp. Show him how BlueCruise works for a minute or two on the freeway.

Go back, open up the funk, get out the bag of ICE have a cocktail!
Then, show the features of the phone, to lock, show charge #’s, etc.

Thanks to all of the wonderful people on this forum! @KevinS, @Gimme_my_MME, @Rt1AWD, @SnBGC, @mkhuffman, @macchiaz-o, @ohmslaw, @hawkeye3point1, @grandizer52, @s7davis, @83girl, @rzanzerkia, @Jim D, @Badger_Prof, @ebeponyan, @hls811, @Ravensfan1996, @Peaceowl, @Solares, @Jimct, @generaltso, @RickMachE, @Moogly, @JamieGeek, @Jimrpa, @machefan, @rzanzerkia, @Logal727, @ClaudeMach-E, @RosarioM, @IMDIDOC, @greenaero, @AllenXS, @nor3bo, @TheSleepyDad, @DR.J56

snowy_91

First Name
James
Threads
Reaction score
Vehicles
2022 Mach-E Ice Blue GT Performance
Occupation
Retired
Country flag
Make sure it is pointed exactly were you want to go......

RickMachE

Threads
Reaction score
Vehicles
2022 Mach-E Premium 4X, 2022 Lightning Lariat
Country flag
Well, it dropped 4 inches of snow here in Metro Detroit that Sunday, so I had to take another car to visit.
???

Isn't that what AWD is for?

RickMachE

Threads
Reaction score
Vehicles
2022 Mach-E Premium 4X, 2022 Lightning Lariat
Country flag

rzanzerkia

First Name
Robert
Threads
Reaction score
Vehicles
2013 Acura TL, 2016 MB GLE350, 2021 Mach-e Premium
Country flag
Make sure it is pointed exactly were you want to go......
HAHA---
VERY IMPORTANT!

No funny moves, keep it straight...

I remember reading here a so called expert friend totaled MachE with owner and son in the car.
Sponsored