RosarioM

First Name
Rosario
Threads
Reaction score
Vehicles
Mach e GT
Country flag
I'm not a big fan of the GT rims and have been thinking about Plasti dipping them all black. I did a little bit of Photoshop to see what they might look. I feel like the chrome on the rims make no sense given there is no chrome or silver anywhere else on the car. Thoughts?

Ford Mustang Mach-E Need Opinions car
Sponsored

PalsyWalsy

First Name
Patrick
Threads
Reaction score
Vehicles
Lexus 400H, Lexus 300H, Buick Enclave, Mach E GT
Occupation
School Administration
Country flag
I agree, regarding the chrome, and have been messing around photo shopping the wheels as well. I cannot seemed to be on board with all black though for some reason (maybe because I am getting DMG) so I started two toning it with Gray. Such as make the chrome Gray instead and leave the rest black, or reverse those two for a dark gray wheel with black accents. I started to like it more.

OP
OP
RosarioM

RosarioM

First Name
Rosario
Threads
Reaction score
Vehicles
Mach e GT
Country flag
I agree, regarding the chrome, and have been messing around photo shopping the wheels as well. I cannot seemed to be on board with all black though for some reason (maybe because I am getting DMG) so I started two toning it with Gray. Such as make the chrome Gray instead and leave the rest black, or reverse those two for a dark gray wheel with black accents. I started to like it more.
I was thinking that all black might look like cheap hubcaps, but I also wanted to play around with matte black or possibly removing the covers. The thing I don't like about alternative colors is that the flower shape would still be very noticeable, which is what I don't like.

Please post your pics once you have them, I'd be curious to see the gray colors.

Kamuelaflyer

Threads
Reaction score
Vehicles
2021 Premium Infinite Blue. ER AWD. 2020 Raptor
Country flag
I'm not a big fan of the GT rims and have been thinking about Plasti dipping them all black. I did a little bit of Photoshop to see what they might look. I feel like the chrome on the rims make no sense given there is no chrome or silver anywhere else on the car. Thoughts?

Ford Mustang Mach-E Need Opinions car
I don’t have a GT, but the stock wheels are one thing that I rather disliked. I generally don’t like black wheels either though. I do rather like this rendering of them though. Not that my opinion matters, it’s your car.

PalsyWalsy

First Name
Patrick
Threads
Reaction score
Vehicles
Occupation
School Administration
Country flag
Here was the quick crude version I was working on and never got back to it. This is someone else's car (as I do not have mine yet) but I started on the back so I could see it compared to the front.

I think it looks better two toned as mentioned, and a wee bit less "flowery". I have not reversed the colors yet to see another version.

Ford Mustang Mach-E Need Opinions 57E72C99-F02B-4BF0-AA54-AB6174313C7A

MyLittlePony2022

First Name
William
Threads
Reaction score
Vehicles
2022 "Mach-E Auto" GTPE, Cyber Orange
Country flag
One of the reasons, but not all of them, for getting the GT PE was the wheels on the GT. I did not like them and I looked a the cost of getting new wheels versus the added cost of the PE version. What I do not like about the aftermarket wheels is that you take (according to those on the forum that have done the swap) a ~10% decrease in mileage. That was too big a drop for me.

The black-out on the wheels does make it look better.

HuntingPudel

First Name
Steve
Threads
Reaction score
Vehicles
2021 MME GT-PE, 1979 Fire-Am, 1972 K/5 Blazer
Occupation
Engineering
Country flag
I am pretty sure that I saw a thread where someone either painted or powder coated their GT rims dark charcoal and it looked pretty good. I can’t find it right now though. ?‍♂?

OP
OP
RosarioM

RosarioM

First Name
Rosario
Threads
Reaction score
Vehicles
Mach e GT
Country flag
One of the reasons, but not all of them, for getting the GT PE was the wheels on the GT. I did not like them and I looked a the cost of getting new wheels versus the added cost of the PE version. What I do not like about the aftermarket wheels is that you take (according to those on the forum that have done the swap) a ~10% decrease in mileage. That was too big a drop for me.

The black-out on the wheels does make it look better.
The issue I had with the PE was the pano roof (which I did not want) and the summer tires (I live in the North East.), but I really wish I could have swapped just the tires for the PE versions. I figure this might be a DIY cheap alternative.

Benny’66

Threads
Reaction score
Vehicles
1966 Mustang, 2021 Mach E GTPE
Occupation
Plant Manager
Country flag
I definitely think the blacked out rendering looks better! Keeping the small silver center cap works as well. Plus it accentuates the red caliper more.

The Black Horse

Threads
Reaction score
Vehicles
Select Mach E+Comfort and Tech, 2015 Mini Cooper
Country flag
I think it looks great blacked out and like you said, it makes more sense as there is no chrome don't the actual car.

PalsyWalsy

First Name
Patrick
Threads
Reaction score
Vehicles
Occupation
School Administration
Country flag
I know this was already answered but I think this is what I might do. Used a Dark Matter Gray car to show (again not mine, so I am sorry if I murdered whose ever this is).

I like the idea (I am stealing from this thread)of adding a small amount of red to tie in the break calipers as well as break up the line between the dark gray and the black since it is hard to see. I then may change the wheel to gray from the chrome to help tie it in.

Ignore the shaky red line as I was too lazy to be precise, just wanted an idea of how it will look. Three pics (normal car, with red stripe, then red stripe and altered wheels).

Ford Mustang Mach-E Need Opinions IMG_2440

Ford Mustang Mach-E Need Opinions IMG_2440 with red

Ford Mustang Mach-E Need Opinions IMG_2440 with red