Neither Welcome Lighting or Puddle Projection Turn on When Approaching Car with Paak or FOB

Terry

First Name
Terry
Threads
Reaction score
Vehicles
Mustang Mach-e Black
Country flag
I have Welcome Lighting turned on and I have Automatic Fold turned on (and they do fold after I walk away) but no Welcome Lighting or Puddle Projection upon return with Paak or FOB. I have tried to turn the Welcome Lighting on and back off but still nothing. Any suggestions?
Sponsored

JCHLi

Threads
Reaction score
Vehicles
2021 Mustang Mach-E First Edition
Country flag
How far away do you store the FOB/phone?

I've found that unless there start far enough away and then I approach the vehicle, it doesn't work.

I ended up moving the extra FOB to a further away storage location so the car didn't think I was always nearby.

cjljr41

First Name
Chuck
Threads
Reaction score
Vehicles
'21 Mach-e Premium 4X, '23 Escape Platinum Hybrid
Country flag
Welcome lighting and puddle lamps stopped working for me when I setup PaaK. Deleted PaaK from the app and everything is working again.

prdude

First Name
Bill
Threads
Reaction score
Vehicles
Space White w/Gray MME Prem ER RWD, 01 Miata
Occupation
engineer
Country flag
I've been exclusively using PAAK and my puddle lights do come on and mirrors do fold. But sometimes it takes a while. It seems whatever module senses your phone is sometimes slow to awaken.

Crilly

First Name
Dale
Threads
Reaction score
Vehicles
Livewire prius prime Mach e. In 3 weeks if it was built yesterday
Occupation
Retired
Country flag
Remember the mirror s have to be folded.

OP
OP

Terry

First Name
Terry
Threads
Reaction score
Vehicles
Mustang Mach-e Black
Country flag
How far away do you store the FOB/phone?

I've found that unless there start far enough away and then I approach the vehicle, it doesn't work.

I ended up moving the extra FOB to a further away storage location so the car didn't think I was always nearby.
The FOB is in a drawer right next to the garage, but it is far enough away that the horn does beep and the mirrors do close when I leave the car with my PaaK.

JCHLi

Threads
Reaction score
Vehicles
Country flag
The FOB is in a drawer right next to the garage, but it is far enough away that the horn does beep and the mirrors do close when I leave the car with my PaaK.
For me that was the same, it would auto lock but the welcome lighting wouldn't work until I moved it further. My guess is that although the key was far enough to lock the doors, it was still close enough that the car could sense it. There might be some mechanism to keep the lights from cycling if the key is in a certain range.

OP
OP

Terry

First Name
Terry
Threads
Reaction score
Vehicles
Mustang Mach-e Black
Country flag
For me that was the same, it would auto lock but the welcome lighting wouldn't work until I moved it further. My guess is that although the key was far enough to lock the doors, it was still close enough that the car could sense it. There might be some mechanism to keep the lights from cycling if the key is in a certain range.
I will try to move the FOB further and see if that helps. Does this work during the day as well as night? I have only been testing at night since I don't really know what I am looking for, I assumed I would see it really well at night! Thanks for the suggestion!

JCHLi

Threads
Reaction score
Vehicles
Country flag
Yeah it works during the day, doesn't show up as well but if you have some shade you can see it.

Mike

First Name
mike
Threads
Reaction score
Vehicles
2016 Mustang
Occupation
Retired
Country flag
Make sure the setting under lighting the welcome lights are on. Also I have noticed if I turn off the motion detectors are turned off they don't work.

Badger_Prof

First Name
Randy
Threads
Reaction score
Vehicles
Prior--Leaf,Bolt EV. Mustang Mach-E Premium AWD ER
Country flag
Make sure the setting under lighting the welcome lights are on. Also I have noticed if I turn off the motion detectors are turned off they don't work.
I have motion detecolors off and the pony lights work just fine for me and always have whether I am using fob or PAAK.

Mike

First Name
mike
Threads
Reaction score
Vehicles
2016 Mustang
Occupation
Retired
Country flag
I have motion detecolors off and the pony lights work just fine for me and always have whether I am using fob or PAAK.
All I know is when I park in the garage and turn off the motion detectors the pony lights don't work for me and when I don't turn them off they work fine.

OP
OP

Terry

First Name
Terry
Threads
Reaction score
Vehicles
Mustang Mach-e Black
Country flag
So we went to dinner tonight and the welcome lights turned on as I approached the vehicle when returning from dinner. It was still fairly light out so i stuck my hand under the mirror and was able to see the pony light. I was excited as I figured it was just a FOB/Paak distance thing so I went for a walk tonight when it got dark and took my phone and FOB with me. Was only gone like 10 minutes but I went down the block and came back. Unfortunately, no welcome lights or pony projection. So still not sure why this isn't working in my garage.

Crilly

First Name
Dale
Threads
Reaction score
Vehicles
Livewire prius prime Mach e. In 3 weeks if it was built yesterday
Occupation
Retired
Country flag
My puddle lights works fine when I approach the car. Whether or not I have turned off the outside senors.

However, I have to have the screen on my I phone when I approach the car. Just press the side button when you approach the car. Have the screen on when you open the door.

Mirak

Threads
Reaction score
Vehicles
"Sonic" 2021 MME Grabber Blue First Edition
Country flag
For me I’m pretty sure the inconsistency is due to phone / fob location. Now that I’m not keeping phone or fob near the car, the puddle lamps come on much more reliably.
Sponsored