Neither Welcome Lighting or Puddle Projection Turn on When Approaching Car with Paak or FOB

Patel2377

Threads
Reaction score
Vehicles
Mache GT
Country flag
I have Welcome Lighting turned on and I have Automatic Fold turned on (and they do fold after I walk away) but no Welcome Lighting or Puddle Projection upon return with Paak or FOB. I have tried to turn the Welcome Lighting on and back off but still nothing. Any suggestions?
I just got my GT and weird thing was the puddle light didn’t work until I turned on PAAK. Now it works fine. Turn to redo pack and profile setup and see if that helps?
Sponsored

zhjuck

Threads
Reaction score
Vehicles
2021 Mach-E
Country flag
I'm a week into my GT and haven't seen the puddle lights yet. My wife saw once. I've tried creating fob distance, have auto fold on, turned off/on welcome lights. Nothing. Very frustrating waste of time.

alockbox

Threads
Reaction score
Vehicles
2021 Mustang Mach E GT Cyber Orange
Country flag
The FOB is in a drawer right next to the garage, but it is far enough away that the horn does beep and the mirrors do close when I leave the car with my PaaK.
How far away do you store the FOB/phone?

I've found that unless there start far enough away and then I approach the vehicle, it doesn't work.

I ended up moving the extra FOB to a further away storage location so the car didn't think I was always nearby.

This is correct! I had the fob what I thought was far enough away. Clearly it uses two different protocols or levels of "sensing" when I moved the fob much further, my Paak has worked reliably for a few days.

I also tried a highly rated faraday key fob sleeve from amazon (2 pack) and had exactly the same issue. Enough signal was blocked that I could use paak, but not enough that it would believe the fob was gone and welcome lights functioned. Very strange.

My solution was this:

For the fob in the house, I keep the key in the sleeve and the combination of distance and faraday sleeve has solved the issue.

For the emergency fob in the car, I have the key in the sleeve, then wrapped in heavy duty aluminum foil a few times over and around, then in a pressed-flat ziplock bag in the glove box (easier to keep safe and slide in and out).

My paak now works every single time I've tried and welcome lights function. They don't function as fast at the fob, but they literally have always worked. I never have issues with the door lock touch button by the glass either.

Bonus tip I've posted elsewhere if you regularly use the keypad for entry. Press the door open button, then put in your code. The moment you finish your code the door will pop open. Just seems a little faster and more seamless for entry.
Sponsored