Threads
Reaction score
Vehicles
22-GTPE, Lexus GS350 F Sport, Porsche 911 SC
Occupation
Chilling
Country flag
Hello All,

This may be old but I just found out that Tesla Model 3 can watch Netflix or use a game console connector thru USB to play prebuilt games while in Parked or Charging. Am I the last to know? LOL

I wonder if the Mach E has an option or have an HDMI input for an external device?

Somehow I doubt it but thought I ask. And before anyone who is not interested in the subject.....Please do not post something smart or condescending, please refrain....If you are not a tech geek then don't chime in.....

It's a fun subject to chat about......Thoughts?

Appreciate any knowledge or inputs....
THX
Sponsored

ponydsp

Threads
Reaction score
Vehicles
'22 MME Premium 4ER, Taycan CT, 650s, F8 on order
Country flag
I’m planning on purchasing one of those CarPlay AI box for Netflix and other gaming apps… still researching though

mpshizzle

Threads
Reaction score
Vehicles
Mustang Mach E 4X
Country flag
If you have an Android there's a way to get YouTube via Android Auto. No Netflix though. AA also has a few on screen games natively (though they're not console grade games)

Anton

First Name
Anton
Threads
Reaction score
Vehicles
2021 Mach-E AWD ER
Occupation
MedTech Software Engineer.
Country flag
If you have an Android there's a way to get YouTube via Android Auto. No Netflix though. AA also has a few on screen games natively (though they're not console grade games)
What's the way?

Electric Goat

Threads
Reaction score
Vehicles
'21 Mach-E GT
Occupation
3x HVBJB Failure Tester
Country flag
If the Mach-E had a 5G modem instead of a 4G modem then passengers could simply cloud game via Xbox X-Cloud, Google Stadia, Amazon Luna or Nvidia GeForce ?

There's probably a way to get one or more of those on the screen via Android Auto or CarPlay

Raymondjram

First Name
Raymond
Threads
Reaction score
Vehicles
2014 Ford Fusion Hybrid LE sedan
Occupation
Retired Engineer
Country flag
Although I just have a 2014 Fusion Hybrid, I can watch a DVD and probably play games in my car. It has direct RCA inputs (yellow for video and red/white for audio) to the infotainment screen, but only works while in "P". The F-150 also has these inputs.

scoopman

Threads
Reaction score
Vehicles
2023 KIA EV6 GT, 2021 VW ID.4 Pro S
Occupation
former electric pony jockey
Country flag
I have the joyauto Android 11 box. It's far less complex and with less compromises than the AAAD methods to connect an Android phone. The joyauto box is a Chinese Android 11 with an unlicensed play store on it, so I use a completely different throw away Google account on it. Interestingly, the gadget runs Android but it speaks carplay protocol to the car and appears like an iphone to the Mach E. Note you need a hotspot or downloaded cached content before you're on the road.

The box was great on our recent road trip for stops.

There was some Peppa Pig watching:

And the advantage here is you have a plethora of fart apps to choose from, such as this one:

OP
OP
Tngo23

Tngo23

First Name
Tony
Threads
Reaction score
Vehicles
Occupation
Chilling
Country flag
I have the joyauto Android 11 box. It's far less complex and with less compromises than the AAAD methods to connect an Android phone. The joyauto box is a Chinese Android 11 with an unlicensed play store on it, so I use a completely different throw away Google account on it. Interestingly, the gadget runs Android but it speaks carplay protocol to the car and appears like an iphone to the Mach E. Note you need a hotspot or downloaded cached content before you're on the road.

The box was great on our recent road trip for stops.

There was some Peppa Pig watching:

And the advantage here is you have a plethora of fart apps to choose from, such as this one:

That is what I am talking about......Please detail how it is hooked up? Thru a USB port/plug & play? Will the Joyauto work for Iphones/Ipads?

THX

mpshizzle

Threads
Reaction score
Vehicles
Mustang Mach E 4X
Country flag
That is what I am talking about......Please detail how it is hooked up? Thru a USB port/plug & play? Will the Joyauto work for Iphones/Ipads?

THX
It doesn't mirror any other device like iPhone or iPad. It is it's own device that runs apps like Netflix. All it needs is a hotspot from the car or your phone

OP
OP
Tngo23

Tngo23

First Name
Tony
Threads
Reaction score
Vehicles
Occupation
Chilling
Country flag
It doesn't mirror any other device like iPhone or iPad. It is it's own device that runs apps like Netflix. All it needs is a hotspot from the car or your phone
Ah ok....So what is the android device connected thru to play the apps on the stock screen?
I know it needs a Hot spot from your phone or some type of Wifi, once it's connected, what do you change in the screen to play the Apps?
My GTPE is is on order thus all these questions.

THX

mpshizzle

Threads
Reaction score
Vehicles
Mustang Mach E 4X
Country flag
Ah ok....So what is the android device connected thru to play the apps on the stock screen?
I know it needs a Hot spot from your phone or some type of Wifi, once it's connected, what do you change in the screen to play the Apps?
My GTPE is is on order thus all these questions.

THX
That joyatu box IS the Android device. It's basically a tablet with no screen. Plugging it in, it acts like car play and uses the sync screen as it's own. No other parts required. It does everything

As far as the car is concerned it just thinks it's an iPhone with Apple car play. But what it's actually showing is the Android "tablet"

OP
OP
Tngo23

Tngo23

First Name
Tony
Threads
Reaction score
Vehicles
Occupation
Chilling
Country flag
That joyatu box IS the Android device. It's basically a tablet with no screen. Plugging it in, it acts like car play and uses the sync screen as it's own. No other parts required. It does everything

As far as the car is concerned it just thinks it's an iPhone with Apple car play. But what it's actually showing is the Android "tablet"
Sweet....
I found this unit on AZ

https://www.amazon.com/gp/product/B09JNXR6WB/ref=ppx_yo_dt_b_asin_title_o02_s00?ie=UTF8&psc=1
Sponsored