New “hyper fast” charging issues

chuckles

Threads
Reaction score
Vehicles
2021 Job 1 RWD Mustang Mach E
Country flag
Last weekend I did a road trip and had charging failures at three different Electrify America charging stations at their brand-new “hyper fast” chargers.

I’d pull into a new 350kW charger, plug in, tap my EA membership card (from Apple Pay), and after a couple seconds and loud clicks, my car’s charging led went to blinking red, and the message on the charger would change to “reconnecting to vehicle”. A minute later, the chargers would tell me to unplug.
Two of the stations had older 150kW/Chademo chargers that were free. I moved to those and charging worked fine. I saw an F150 lightning experience the same issue.

The third station didn’t have an older charger, so I called in hoping for a remedy, and she said it was a known issue. We tried two different (new) chargers, she would do something on her end (she remotely rebooted and remotely initiated), and charging finally worked on the second charger (but it was quite slow: 50kW).

(I was able to charge fine at two other stations that had the older “glowing green empty square” charger, fwiw)

Anyone else experiencing this?
Sponsored

roamtheworld

First Name
Brian
Threads
Reaction score
Vehicles
2022 Mach E Premium ER AWD
Country flag
Multiple threads started by different people over the past few days with EA charging session issues.
I'm sure most of this falls on EA.

SpaceEVDriver

Threads
Reaction score
Vehicles
Ground-based: CA Route 1 AWD, ER
Occupation
Planetary Science
Country flag
I was able to use a hyperstation on Saturday. However, there were three Teslas parked, unplugged in three of the four charging stations, so I only had the one choice. A fourth Tesla came up as I was finishing my charge and they parked in a way trying to get to one of the other stations. They were having trouble. One screen was off, the other said something to effect of "we've limited charge speed while updating this stations," but it wouldn't connect to their Tesla. They took my spot after I left, but I have no idea if it worked for them.
Ford Mustang Mach-E New “hyper fast” charging issues PXL_20230128_214310563
Ford Mustang Mach-E New “hyper fast” charging issues PXL_20230128_214318184
Ford Mustang Mach-E New “hyper fast” charging issues PXL_20230128_214321877

JohnnyForensic

First Name
John
Threads
Reaction score
Vehicles
'21 Infinite Blue MME 4X Premium
Occupation
Digital Forensics
Country flag
I was able to use a hyperstation on Saturday. However, there were three Teslas parked, unplugged in three of the four charging stations, so I only had the one choice. A fourth Tesla came up as I was finishing my charge and they parked in a way trying to get to one of the other stations. They were having trouble. One screen was off, the other said something to effect of "we've limited charge speed while updating this stations," but it wouldn't connect to their Tesla. They took my spot after I left, but I have no idea if it worked for them.
I’m about “THIS CLOSE” to having cards printed that say something to the effect of “this is a charging space, not a parking space for electric vehicles that aren’t charging, and you should know better.”