Mark
Threads
Reaction score
Vehicles
GB E4X FE, Leaf, Tacoma, F-150 Lightning ordered
Occupation
Retired oceanographer
Country flag
It is working well for me on an iPhone 12 mini, Viecar 4 Bluetooth adapter, which is the same one I use with CarScanner.

As for security, at least this one shuts down after a short delay when the car is off so you can’t walk up and read data at any time, but it would be nice if they implemented more security. BLE is the “right” way to handle a sensor beacon that will connect to multiple devices, but I thought there were methods like key sharing on initial connection that could be used to prevent unauthorized data sharing, might have to read more about what the protocol supports.

EDIT: Good article here on BLE security methods. Honestly not sure which these common adapters are using. https://forum.digikey.com/t/a-basic-introduction-to-ble-4-x-security/12501
How did you get the Viecar 4 to work? I have one of those and have never been able to get it to work at all on my Mach E. All I get is a red light on the Viecar and a not connected message on its app.

Update: Just tried the Viecar again. Despite it not working with their own AutoDoctor software, I just got it to connect to Car Scanner. I have a red and a flashing blue LED. Question remains: how do you connect it to ABRP?
Sponsored

Last edited:

chrisGT

First Name
Chris
Threads
Reaction score
Vehicles
2021 Ford Mach-e GT
Country flag
Does ABRP use the live data (SoC, battery temperature) to recalculate the charging stops on the fly?

P.s. Ut won't cost Ford extra to provide all that info in the infotainment or instrument screen. The Taycan could display battery temperature, LVB voltage and charge rate and it was all very useful info.

Last edited:

SashaLondon

First Name
Sasha
Threads
Reaction score
Vehicles
MME AWD SR
Country flag
The in car play screen is very disappointing. It is designed to be used in phone mostly by the looks of it.

phidauex

First Name
Sam
Threads
Reaction score
Vehicles
2021 MachE 4EX, 2006 Prius, 1997 Tacoma
Occupation
Renewable Energy Engineer
Country flag
How did you get the Viecar 4 to work? I have one of those and have never been able to get it to work at all on my Mach E. All I get is a red light on the Viecar and a not connected message on its app.

Update: Just tried the Viecar again. Despite it not working with their own AutoDoctor software, I just got it to connect to Car Scanner. I have a red and a flashing blue LED. Question remains: how do you connect it to ABRP?
The big thing is to make sure that you haven’t paired to the Viecar using normal Bluetooth. If you have it in your list of Bluetooth devices, remove it.

Then make sure that carscanner isn’t connected and running in the background.

From there I’m forgetting the exact settings in ABRP (it is a confusingly laid out app…), but when given the choice to connect to an ODB device the Viecar was in the list, and when connected it blinks the same combo of red and blue.

Hope that helps, if not, see if you can get a screenshot of what it looks like.

jhalkias

First Name
John
Threads
Reaction score
Vehicles
'21 RR ME FE, '22 Corsair GT, '22 Lightning Lariat
Occupation
Benefit Fund Administrator
Country flag
Have you tested the VeePeak yet? I'm curious if it connects to ABRP on the iPhone before I order one for my upcoming trip.
It isn’t connecting with ABRP or the scanner app. Not sure what I am doing wrong.

Roger tobin

First Name
Roger
Threads
Reaction score
Vehicles
2021 Mustang Mach E Premium RWD Extended Battery
Country flag
in my state (Oregon) you can sign up for a miles-driven road use fee program that gets you out of the high registration fee for an EV. This requires use of a mileage reporting device that plugs into the OBD-II port. Does anyone know of a OBD-II "splitter" that would allow a second port for one of these diagnostic dongles? (I'm not even sure that this is possible electrically or in spec with the ODB protocol).

TIA

mkhuffman

First Name
Mike
Threads
Reaction score
Vehicles
2021 MME GT, Jeep GC-L, VW Jetta
Country flag
Have you tested the VeePeak yet? I'm curious if it connects to ABRP on the iPhone before I order one for my upcoming trip.
It isn’t connecting with ABRP or the scanner app. Not sure what I am doing wrong.
I got my VeePeak today and it works with ABRP on my Samsung Note 9.

I can see the data from the reader, and it shows the expected SOC at destination on the screen when navigating. I wish it would show more, sort of like what Car Scanner shows.

BTW, the VeePeak does not work with Car Scanner, at least on my phone anyway. I have an older non-BLE OBDII reader that works great with Car Scanner.

MTNestr

First Name
Paul
Threads
Reaction score
Vehicles
2021 Grabber Blue FE MME
Occupation
Retired
Country flag
I have a VeePeak that I installed today. Works OK with iPad using Car Scanner. I installed ABRP but all I see are maps. Should I also be able to see OBD Data such as voltage etc.

I could not get the VeePeak To pair with my iPhone 12 Pro Max. Any suggestions. I have restarted the iPhone, unplugged the VeePeak and even re-installed the Car Scanner app.

jhalkias

First Name
John
Threads
Reaction score
Vehicles
'21 RR ME FE, '22 Corsair GT, '22 Lightning Lariat
Occupation
Benefit Fund Administrator
Country flag

I can see the data from the reader, and it shows the expected SOC at destination on the screen when navigating. I wish it would show more, sort of like what Car Scanner shows.

BTW, the VeePeak does not work with Car Scanner, at least on my phone anyway. I have an older non-BLE OBDII reader that works great with Car Scanner.
I am on iOS 15 on an iPhone 13 Pro.

wheelsee

First Name
Will
Threads
Reaction score
Vehicles
2021 Job 2 Select AWD MME Comfort/Tech
Country flag
This is all well and good. Have they fixed other core issues with their app? Namely how all of a sudden it’ll switch to km/h and put my GPS location in the UK?

OP
OP
benk016

benk016

First Name
Ben
Threads
Reaction score
Vehicles
2021 Mustang Mach-E GT
Country flag
This is all well and good. Have they fixed other core issues with their app? Namely how all of a sudden it’ll switch to km/h and put my GPS location in the UK?
Have you reported that issue to them and sent logs?

I haven't heard of that happening. The app work fine every time I've used it.

OP
OP
benk016

benk016

First Name
Ben
Threads
Reaction score
Vehicles
2021 Mustang Mach-E GT
Country flag
I have a VeePeak that I installed today. Works OK with iPad using Car Scanner. I installed ABRP but all I see are maps. Should I also be able to see OBD Data such as voltage etc.

I could not get the VeePeak To pair with my iPhone 12 Pro Max. Any suggestions. I have restarted the iPhone, unplugged the VeePeak and even re-installed the Car Scanner app.
Did you pair the OBD dongle with ABRP? Car scanner should not be involved in this process at all.

OP
OP
benk016

benk016

First Name
Ben
Threads
Reaction score
Vehicles
2021 Mustang Mach-E GT
Country flag

It should show you all the data on the car screen on the phone. It won't show this data on Android Auto or Carplay if that's what you're looking for.

Ford Mustang Mach-E New ABRP Feature : Live Data via OBD Screenshot_20211220-145031_Plasma Ember

MTNestr

First Name
Paul
Threads
Reaction score
Vehicles
2021 Grabber Blue FE MME
Occupation
Retired
Country flag
Did you pair the OBD dongle with ABRP? Car scanner should not be involved in this process at all.
How do I pair with OBD? How do I tell that it’s paired?
Sponsored