New and seeking advice!

Andrew_EOD

Threads
Reaction score
Vehicles
Focus ST
Country flag
HI all. I'm new to the forum. I've been in the wings for a bit, but don't know which EV I'd want. The MME has been on my radar for a while though.
For the last month and a half my local ford dealership has had a '22 Premium with 1500 miles on it for sale. The price has dropped down to $44k now and is starting to be tempting. I'm not set up at the house to charge yet, and haven't really looked into an average price to do such honestly...

I'm thinking about going down to check it out today after work... any advice would be appreciated. Is it a good deal? Even though I wouldn't get any tax credit? If it is a good deal, I'm afraid waiting will lose the opportunity... but I don't NEED to buy a car yet so continuing to wait isn't a bad option either.
Sponsored

VegasWeezy

First Name
Brian
Threads
Reaction score
Vehicles
2022 Premium MME ER RWD in Space White
Occupation
Accountant
Country flag
A little more information is needed. Which Premium is it? Is it extended range or standard range? Is it the all wheel drive version or the rear wheel drive?

If this is a 2022 Premium extended range, then it's a great deal. The MSRP on the 22 Premium standard range, rear wheel drive was $49,100. Add the extended range battery for another $6,000 and the destination & delivery charge for $1,100 and the total price was $56,200 before the tax credit.

So if it's an extended range (regardless of AWD versus RWD) and it only has 1,500 miles on it for $44,000 I would consider that a steal.

OP
OP

Andrew_EOD

Threads
Reaction score
Vehicles
Focus ST
Country flag
A little more information is needed. Which Premium is it? Is it extended range or standard range? Is it the all wheel drive version or the rear wheel drive?

If this is a 2022 Premium extended range, then it's a great deal. The MSRP on the 22 Premium standard range, rear wheel drive was $49,100. Add the extended range battery for another $6,000 and the destination & delivery charge for $1,100 and the total price was $56,200 before the tax credit.

So if it's an extended range (regardless of AWD versus RWD) and it only has 1,500 miles on it for $44,000 I would consider that a steal.
Thanks for the reply. From what I gather it's a RWD non-extended range. I'm going off an image of 158miles left, 71%. Seems like it's not AS good a deal then? Explains why it's still available after all this time. I'll probably still go look at it since I've yet to sit in one at all...

VegasWeezy

First Name
Brian
Threads
Reaction score
Vehicles
2022 Premium MME ER RWD in Space White
Occupation
Accountant
Country flag
Nope, not as good of a deal but still seems to be pretty well below what I have seen in terms of asking price for that vehicle. Especially when factoring in such low mileage.

MellowJohnny

First Name
Christian
Threads
Reaction score
Vehicles
2022 Mach-E Premium AWD
Occupation
Solution Architect
Country flag
Have a look to see in which month it was built - anything after late May (specifically after May 24th) has the improved HVBJB as well - something to think about.

ChuckA

First Name
Chuck
Threads
Reaction score
Vehicles
‘21 MME Premium AWD ER in Infinite Blue
Occupation
Accountant-Retired
Country flag
HI all. I'm new to the forum. I've been in the wings for a bit, but don't know which EV I'd want. The MME has been on my radar for a while though.
For the last month and a half my local ford dealership has had a '22 Premium with 1500 miles on it for sale. The price has dropped down to $44k now and is starting to be tempting. I'm not set up at the house to charge yet, and haven't really looked into an average price to do such honestly...

I'm thinking about going down to check it out today after work... any advice would be appreciated. Is it a good deal? Even though I wouldn't get any tax credit? If it is a good deal, I'm afraid waiting will lose the opportunity... but I don't NEED to buy a car yet so continuing to wait isn't a bad option either.
Ask for a copy of the window sticker and ask if the vehicle had any major repairs.

illinirdhd

Threads
Reaction score
Vehicles
2023 MME Premium
Occupation
Legal
Country flag
Ask for a copy of the window sticker and ask if the vehicle had any major repairs.
Agree. I found a used, low mileage, Premium on a lot a couple of months ago. The dealership got it at auction, so I didn't ask any other questions. I think it was a 2022 with like 500 miles, so repo wasn't likely. I did get to drive it though - previously, had only been able to find one to sit in.

PEldridge

First Name
P
Threads
Reaction score
Vehicles
2023 Ford Mustang Mach E Premium awd ext range
Country flag
This is a good opportunity to, as you said, sit in one, maybe drive it, ask questions, explore it. Just steel yourself and don't fall for the temptation to buy it - YOU be the buyer in control and don't fall for the salesman's slick sales techniques. Listen to ur conscious and if there are red flags, thank him for his time and get up and leave. I have done this and I am not sorry I didn't buy that vehicle. I love my MME. 2023 Premium extended range AWD. It's like floating!

Rt1AWD

Threads
Reaction score
Vehicles
MME CARt1 AWD
Country flag
I'd wait. Recession is far from over

HuntingPudel

First Name
Steve
Threads
Reaction score
Vehicles
2021 MME GT-PE, 1979 Fire-Am, 1972 K/5 Blazer
Occupation
Engineering
Country flag
Have a look to see in which month it was built - anything after late May (specifically after May 24th) has the improved HVBJB as well - something to think about.
We don't know if anything during the week that included May 24 got the new HVBJB because May 24, 2022 was a Tuesday. Builds are scheduled by the week. I would assume that the old parts were already installed in a great many of the cars that began their production on Monday the 23rd. My thiought is that it's safer to simply go with production beginning the following week on the 30th as the cut-in date for the new HVBJB until something is published by Ford indicating the exact date. 🤔🐩

JohnFoxeSheets

First Name
John
Threads
Reaction score
Website
johnfoxesheets.com
Vehicles
2022 Iced Blue Silver Mach E GT
Occupation
Retired Engineer
Country flag
A question that I don't think anyone else asked is whether the car is "used" i.e., previously titled, or a "demo" car, which can still be sold as new. If the former, used car prices apply. If the latter, then it could potentially qualify for the (newly reduced) tax credit (if you meet the income requirements).

67 Stang Convertible

First Name
Rich
Threads
Reaction score
Vehicles
1967 Mustang, 2013 Kia Optima, 2018 Kia Sportage
Occupation
Physician
Country flag
Tesla just cut its price AGAIN last night $3000 on the Y & 3. Just giving you info. MME still the better CAR in my opinion. But can’t ignore Tesla at these prices.

Schwartzcynthia

First Name
Cynthia
Threads
Reaction score
Vehicles
2022 Mach E Premium RWD
Country flag

I love my '22 premium extended range wheel drive. I received it July '22 but had to wait two weeks after it arrived at the dealership to get the OTA repair for recall. I have 5k miles on my car and I really don't drive long distances so with only 1500 miles I feel like this might be a demo and could qualify for tax rebate. Worth asking the question. If it does qualify worth doing IMO. :)

TheVirtualTim

First Name
Tim
Threads
Reaction score
Vehicles
Mach-E First Edition, Escape Hybrid
Country flag
The door badge will tell you a lot about the car. After the "Mach-E" it may (or may not) have a "4" and/or an "X". "4" means it has AWD -- otherwise it's a RWD car. "X" means it has an extended range battery -- otherwise it is standard range.

As for home charging... the cost usually has a lot to do with how difficult it is to run power from your service panel to your charging location. If, for example, you have a service panel located in or near your garage and you plan to install the home charger (EVSE) nearby, then costs will be pretty low.

If, however, your service panel is on the far side of your home and it's quite a long run ... the install costs will be higher.

You'd also want to know how much capacity your service panel has to allow for EV charging. The panel will need to open adjacent spots because a 240 breaker takes up two slots. If your service or service panel has to be upgraded that can really drive up the price.
Sponsored