New awd ext range only shows 232 on the gom at 100% did the dealership give me a std range

clonea1

Threads
Reaction score
Vehicles
ford mache premium awd ext (on order), bmw 340gt
Country flag
So we got our pre awd extd finally after almost 10 months however documentation and window sticker say it should have a range of 270 but the computer says that it's only 232 and from my understanding 232 is the range of the std battery. Did for get weird all these and set them all to 232 until thr computer figures it out? Any other extd awd owners get thier car at 232 or did you get it at 270 from the dealer. Anyone know how I can check that this is the correct battery?
Sponsored

dml105

Threads
Reaction score
Vehicles
Shadowfax, the Star White Tricoated Metallic Pony
Country flag
It’s cold.
Wait until summer reaches Worcester, and you’ll see that 270.

lots of threads in this. Check them out by searching for cold weather range.

Polar

First Name
SBJ
Threads
Reaction score
Vehicles
2021 Select RWD SR
Country flag
Fully reset the driving history.

Also run a few searches on this forum for “GOM”

Mach1E

Threads
Reaction score
Vehicles
Mach 1, Chevy SS-sold, GTPE delivered oct 2021
Country flag
So we got our pre awd extd finally after almost 10 months however documentation and window sticker say it should have a range of 270 but the computer says that it's only 232 and from my understanding 232 is the range of the std battery. Did for get weird all these and set them all to 232 until thr computer figures it out? Any other extd awd owners get thier car at 232 or did you get it at 270 from the dealer. Anyone know how I can check that this is the correct battery?
You can check the VIN or just look at the badge on the side to see what battery you have. X = bigger battery.

And put on your flame suit. You’re probably the 87th person to ask this question this year.

Your last car probably didn’t show max range on the “distance til empty” gauge when you bought it either.

mjs020294

First Name
Mark
Threads
Reaction score
Vehicles
Mach-E
Country flag
I wonder if people used to complain when trip computers didn't match the EPA mileage estimate.

machefan

Threads
Reaction score
Vehicles
RR FE 21', Leaf 18' and Bronco BadLands 2022
Occupation
IT
Country flag
My guess is as good as yours

Cm12

First Name
Chris
Threads
Reaction score
Vehicles
2021 Mach E Premium
Country flag
Standard range is 211 miles so you definitely got the wrong battery for either model. This has happened to many people on this forum, unfortunately.

ripperAZ

First Name
Ripper
Threads
Reaction score
Vehicles
2022 Ice White Mustang Mach E AWD EX BATT
Country flag
“Objects in your view through this mirror will appear smaller than actual size. “

most of us readers on the distaff side of things clearly know this is true

OWG

Threads
Reaction score
Vehicles
2021 MME Premium Extended Range AWD
Country flag
clonea1
Fellow Masshole, no I did not get 270 miles on the GOM when I picked up at the end of January - I got 170 miles. But of course it was 12F. I direct you to this sticky post in this section.

Range decrease due to cold weather! -- Explanation & how to calculate actual range | MachEforum - Ford Mustang Mach-E Forum, News, Owners, Discussions

Stand by for the "love" you are about to receive, sort of like wearing Yankees pinstripes to Fenway, or a Canadiens jersey to a Bruins game. Not gentle, but not truly mean spirited.

Congrats, just enjoy the car and buckle up.

OP
OP

clonea1

Threads
Reaction score
Vehicles
Country flag
Yup, they gave you the wrong battery. It happens all the time. As long as they didn’t also give you a fob without a frunk button, I wouldn’t worry about it.
LOLOL god ordering this thing was a night mare this is actually our second order because the first one we put in waited 10 weeks then found out the first order mysteries was rejected and the dealership didnt know..... so yeh i get the sarcasm and the humor of 'o the wrong batter' but yeh... zero trust in what people tell me at this point unless i have a way to physically check

ChuckA

First Name
Chuck
Threads
Reaction score
Vehicles
‘21 MME Premium AWD ER in Infinite Blue
Occupation
Accountant-Retired
Country flag
They’re shipping batteries without all the chips. You will get more GOM via OTA.

OP
OP

clonea1

Threads
Reaction score
Vehicles
Country flag
You can check the VIN or just look at the badge on the side to see what battery you have. X = bigger battery.

And put on your flame suit. You’re probably the 87th person to ask this question this year.

Your last car probably didn’t show max range on the “distance til empty” gauge when you bought it either.
oddly enough but yeh the tank range on the BMW is pretty close to when i first picked it up to what it reads now after 4 years. and thats why i was asking this post if ford just sets them low and lets them self calibrate up after time. because on contrast the bmw i picked up new with a full tank of gas from the dealer and it was liek 430miles and its still is typically always in that ball part even now

OP
OP

clonea1

Threads
Reaction score
Vehicles
Country flag
It’s tough times. Ford is secretly removing cells from the ER battery and not telling people. They do it to the SR also though to keep it fair.
i know its a joke ... but LOL with all the parts shortages you know some engineer thought in the back of their heads you know if we down size this by like 1% no one will notice but we will be able to get enough spare parts to make a car ... lol
Sponsored