New best 0-60 time in MME 4X (Dragy run)

OP
OP
Pushrods&Capacitors

Pushrods&Capacitors

First Name
Brian
Threads
Reaction score
Vehicles
‘21 4X, ‘14 SS Sedan tuned, ‘17 WRX tuned
Occupation
Analyst
Country flag
But if you line em’ up, side by side, multiple times? Should result in a clear winner.

1/2 mile still would be fun to watch, even when the Mach 1 stomps the GTPE. Would be interesting to see how long it takes to catch up.
Yeah, why use empirical data sourced from multiple runs in different cars in different conditions when you could do a one-off drag/roll-on to declare a likely result across all scenarios? Too bad it’s so difficult to get them lined up side by side for multiple runs. Big props to @Murse-In-Airy for doing this!

If only there were a modern device that utilizes an accelerometer and high speed GPS/GLONASS technology to measure what we’re seeking! 😂 oh, wait.

Also, because EVs are impervious to octane ratings, driver gear shifting skill, and have very repeatable performance, the comparisons are even more valid than typical ICE cars where those factors plus DA corrections come into play. But you know this already as you’ve also alluded to it in previous posts.
Sponsored

Mach1E

Threads
Reaction score
Vehicles
Mach 1, Chevy SS-sold, GTPE delivered oct 2021
Country flag
Yeah, why use empirical data sourced from multiple runs in different cars in different conditions when you could do a one-off drag/roll-on to declare a likely result across all scenarios? Too bad it’s so difficult to get them lined up side by side for multiple runs. Big props to @Murse-In-Airy for doing this!

If only there were a modern device that utilizes an accelerometer and high speed GPS/GLONASS technology to measure what we’re seeking! 😂 oh, wait.

Also, because EVs are impervious to octane ratings, driver gear shifting skill, and have very repeatable performance, the comparisons are even more valid than typical ICE cars where those factors plus DA corrections come into play. But you know this already as you’ve also alluded to it in previous posts.
Again, because it’s the same as magazine racing. Doesn’t equalize real world factors so it isn’t useful to declare a winner.

Just look at the data that was already posted. There’s a 4 second difference between different runs with the SAME car on the SAME day. Good luck drawing conclusions from that data! 😜

If it helps I’ll summarize my theories (read: unproven).

In ideal conditions (full charge, side by side, no gray bars), I don’t think there’s a race from any speed the 4X can win. Even if short lived, the acceleration boost is just too much of a difference and by the time it may have a chance, it’ll hit top speed first.

In non-ideal (cold weather), I honestly don’t know. Jury still out. Could go either way.

If somehow the 4X is faster in the cold, it’s likely an unintended consequence (stupid) of the 5 second limit and something else Ford has to address. (If heat is the problem, why pull more powet when it’s cold?).

And even the fact that there is a debate is Ford’s fault and horrible. There “should” never be a situation where your lower model is faster than a GT.

OP
OP
Pushrods&Capacitors

Pushrods&Capacitors

First Name
Brian
Threads
Reaction score
Vehicles
Occupation
Analyst
Country flag
Again, because it’s the same as magazine racing. Doesn’t equalize real world factors so it isn’t useful to declare a winner.

Just look at the data that was already posted. There’s a 4 second difference between different runs with the SAME car on the SAME day. Good luck drawing conclusions from that data! 😜

If it helps I’ll summarize my theories (read: unproven).

In ideal conditions (full charge, side by side, no gray bars), I don’t think there’s a race from any speed the 4X can win. Even if short lived, the acceleration boost is just too much of a difference and by the time it may have a chance, it’ll hit top speed first.

In non-ideal (cold weather), I honestly don’t know. Jury still out. Could go either way.

If somehow the 4X is faster in the cold, it’s likely an unintended consequence (stupid) of the 5 second limit and something else Ford has to address. (If heat is the problem, why pull more powet when it’s cold?).

And even the fact that there is a debate is Ford’s fault and horrible. There “should” never be a situation where your lower model is faster than a GT.
I’m done. Cheers.

Murse-In-Airy

First Name
Rod
Threads
Reaction score
Vehicles
Mach-E ER AWD
Occupation
Nurse
Country flag
This is what I’ve been thinking all along. If the 5 second limit is to not overheat the wires from the battery to the motors, or to stop from overheating the windings in the motors…. OK. But say so. However, throttling when cold is then very against this theory. It should take me even longer to get grey bars when it’s 10 degrees out. I shouldn’t start with 11 of them.

I’m thinking they’re trying not to stress a super cold battery, which I would still say…OK. I would know I need to precondition if I want to have real Fun. But then why doesn’t the 4X throttle in the cold too (though I know I have yet to prove that it doesn’t. Damn spring time). Anyway, I wish the research folks would just be honest with us. Then I could move on.

Mach1E

Threads
Reaction score
Vehicles
Country flag
This is what I’ve been thinking all along. If the 5 second limit is to not overheat the wires from the battery to the motors, or to stop from overheating the windings in the motors…. OK. But say so. However, throttling when cold is then very against this theory. It should take me even longer to get grey bars when it’s 10 degrees out. I shouldn’t start with 11 of them.

I’m thinking they’re trying not to stress a super cold battery, which I would still say…OK. I would know I need to precondition if I want to have real Fun. But then why doesn’t the 4X throttle in the cold too (though I know I have yet to prove that it doesn’t. Damn spring time). Anyway, I wish the research folks would just be honest with us. Then I could move on.
My theory is that the grey bars are just representative of what’s actually happening, but there are multiple reason they show up:

Reason 1- 5 second time limit. Pretty straightforward

Reason 2- internal calculation of discharge rate over time (explained in a video somewhere). Summary- the more energy you use in a shorter time, the more bars you get. Most common reasons are speed and acceleration.

Reason 3- the same stuff that affects all BEVs, state of charge and temperature (heat or cold).

So if the GT is slower in the cold, it’s likely a combination of reasons 3, 2 and 1.

OP
OP
Pushrods&Capacitors

Pushrods&Capacitors

First Name
Brian
Threads
Reaction score
Vehicles
Occupation
Analyst
Country flag
Got a chance for another run this evening. Temp was 90F, 86% SOC and I turned 1pd off. However, I had the AC on fan speed 5 and temp setting of 65, so, not sure how much effect that had 🤦🏻‍♂️🤷🏻‍♂️. Best run yet from 0-100mph and 30-100mph but the launch was a bit soft again.
Ford Mustang Mach-E New best 0-60 time in MME 4X (Dragy run) BDC7D325-E707-473B-BF37-F7B6FCC1183A
Ford Mustang Mach-E New best 0-60 time in MME 4X (Dragy run) 4396CFC0-89D1-4BF5-A24D-C72E9AD87BE5

You’re up again @Murse-In-Airy. And feel free to get your own Dragy and shut all this down for good @Mach1E 👍🏻😉

Mach1E

Threads
Reaction score
Vehicles
Country flag
Got a chance for another run this evening. Temp was 90F, 86% SOC and I turned 1pd off. However, I had the AC on fan speed 5 and temp setting of 65, so, not sure how much effect that had 🤦🏻‍♂️🤷🏻‍♂️. Best run yet from 0-100mph and 30-100mph but the launch was a bit soft again.
Ford Mustang Mach-E New best 0-60 time in MME 4X (Dragy run) 4396CFC0-89D1-4BF5-A24D-C72E9AD87BE5

You’re up again @Murse-In-Airy. And feel free to get your own Dragy and shut all this down for good @Mach1E 👍🏻😉
Even if he does a few runs, it’ll be near impossible for him to duplicate your exact conditions.

Temp, altitude, road traction, slope…… and then what? See how long it takes to travel 1044.54 feet from a 30 mph roll? Races are measured in distance, not speed.

Side by side rolling drag race is what’s needed. Gotta be someone in Texas with a GT you can play with.

OP
OP
Pushrods&Capacitors

Pushrods&Capacitors

First Name
Brian
Threads
Reaction score
Vehicles
Occupation
Analyst
Country flag
Even if he does a few runs, it’ll be near impossible for him to duplicate your exact conditions.

Temp, altitude, road traction, slope…… and then what? See how long it takes to travel 1044.54 feet from a 30 mph roll? Races are measured in distance, not speed.

Side by side rolling drag race is what’s needed. Gotta be someone in Texas with a GT you can play with.
It’s a way to compare, not state unequivocally that one is fastest every time in a particular scenario. The beauty of tech vs. having to go out and risk a sweet street racing ticket.

So, the 30-100 time to beat is now 9.99. 👀 And, btw, that 12.38 0-100mph is faster than CD, Edmunds and MT have gotten as well.

Murse-In-Airy

First Name
Rod
Threads
Reaction score
Vehicles
Mach-E ER AWD
Occupation
Nurse
Country flag
Got a chance for another run this evening. Temp was 90F, 86% SOC and I turned 1pd off.
You’re up again @Murse-In-Airy. [/USER] 👍🏻😉
As a nurse concerned for everyone’s health, DO NOT hold your breath while waiting on me doing a run at 90°. 😵🪦
It’s 38° here this morning.🥶
Sponsored