Tim
Threads
Reaction score
Vehicles
2021 GTPE, 2022 F350, 2017 F150, 2001 F250, 11 DTS
Occupation
Farmer
Country flag
I passed on EV tires the first tire change and went with the Conti Extreme Contacts in the 245 width on original wheels. The change in ride and handling was quite noticeable. I am still getting a GOM range of 300 miles on our premium ER AWD. Happy with that.
Agree, did the same and notice better ride and maybe lost 10 miles range, not sure. Unbelievable in the winter!
Sponsored

Valkyrie

First Name
Robert
Threads
Reaction score
Vehicles
2022 Ford Mustang Mach-E GT Performance
Occupation
Future Prediction
Country flag
My initial estimates on these Turanza tires is you will lose some range as compared to the PZero Pirellis. I'm estimating around 20-25 miles of range loss on a 90% full to 20% battery charge, or around 10% less mileage on a GT Performance model.

Three 50 mile round trips to work usually burns from 230 miles of range down to around 75 miles of range. Now I'm around 50 miles of range left over after three trips. Temperature in Hawaii is fairly consistent and are non-factors. Tire inflation is the same on both sets.

Scooby24

First Name
Greg
Threads
Reaction score
Vehicles
'21 MME-GT Star White; '22 MME Prem AWD DGM
Occupation
Perioperative Revenue Manager
Country flag
A range LOSS compared to the softer and stickier PZero? That's....unexpected.

markboris

First Name
Mark
Threads
Reaction score
Vehicles
_______ '20 Shelby GT500 FPB '21 Mach-E GTPE IS
Occupation
Retired
Country flag
My initial estimates on these Turanza tires is you will lose some range as compared to the PZero Pirellis. I'm estimating around 20-25 miles of range loss on a 90% full to 20% battery charge, or around 10% less mileage on a GT Performance model.

Three 50 mile round trips to work usually burns from 230 miles of range down to around 75 miles of range. Now I'm around 50 miles of range left over after three trips. Temperature in Hawaii is fairly consistent and are non-factors. Tire inflation is the same on both sets.
Thanks for the update Robert. As far as range is concerned, I would have thought these Bridgestone EV tires would have performed very similar to the OEM Pirelli EV tires. I know quite a few members that have replaced their tires with non-EV models and all have seen a reduction in range which was to be expected. I would not have expected a dedicated EV tire to reduce your range about as much as a non-EV tire. At least the Bridgestone is quieter and it will most likely last longer than the OEM Pirelli summer tire.

Valkyrie

First Name
Robert
Threads
Reaction score
Vehicles
2022 Ford Mustang Mach-E GT Performance
Occupation
Future Prediction
Country flag
Yes, I am also disappointed by the 10% range reduction on an EV specific tire. Maybe I'll try the Hankook's in three years when they're cheaper ;)

crownmountain

First Name
Dave
Threads
Reaction score
Vehicles
2021 Mach-E Premium 2WD ER, 2022 MINI Cooper S EV
Occupation
Industrial network architect
Country flag
Just installed the Bridgstone Tirana EV tire on my Mach-E Premium RWD extended battery. Replaced factory Michelins. During daily driving I used to get 2.9 to 3.1 kwm. 3.5 kWm often enough. Now I am seeing 3.2 to 3.5 regularly and 3.7 kwm often enough. The Tirana are notoceably quieter and smoother when absorbing bumps.

Heads up though, when I drove away from the dealer I saw 2.5 and 2.7 kwm and of course I was NOT happy. I went home and reset the EV driving history and charged the car to 100%. It was after resetting the driving history that the kwm improved and have stayed there.

silverelan

Threads
Reaction score
Vehicles
2021 Mustang Mach-E GT
Country flag
Thanks for the update Robert. As far as range is concerned, I would have thought these Bridgestone EV tires would have performed very similar to the OEM Pirelli EV tires. I know quite a few members that have replaced their tires with non-EV models and all have seen a reduction in range which was to be expected. I would not have expected a dedicated EV tire to reduce your range about as much as a non-EV tire. At least the Bridgestone is quieter and it will most likely last longer than the OEM Pirelli summer tire.
balding tires roll pretty easy so the Turanza EV tires might take awhile to get broken in. Alternatively, the Bridgestones might just be more inefficient than hoped. TireRack did a comparison test with them and they surprisingly came in behind the Continental ProContact RX tires when it came to efficiency.

Sponsored