Mark
Threads
Reaction score
Vehicles
_______ '20 Shelby GT500 FPB '21 Mach-E GTPE IS
Occupation
Retired
Country flag
I looked on Bridgestone's website just now and they don't make the Turanza EV tires in the size that I need for my 2022 select. The Pirelli Elects are not available for my Select.
What size tires do you have in your select?
Sponsored

markboris

First Name
Mark
Threads
Reaction score
Vehicles
Occupation
Retired
Country flag
I have the 225/60R 18
Hi Antonio, I asked for the size of your tire because I know many that have changed their OEM tires to different sizes so wanted to make sure.

As of right now the only two EV tires in your size that I know of are the Michelin Primacy A/S which you most likely have on your car and the Hankook iON EVO AS SUV.

AhardFSU

First Name
Antonio
Threads
Reaction score
Vehicles
2022 Mustang Mach E
Country flag
Hi Antonio, I asked for the size of your tire because I know many that have changed their OEM tires to different sizes so wanted to make sure.

As of right now the only two EV tires in your size that I know of are the Michelin Primacy A/S which you most likely have on your car and the Hankook iON EVO AS SUV.
Yes I currently have the Michelins. When I'm ready for new tires, which maybe next year, I'll likely go with the Hankook.

markboris

First Name
Mark
Threads
Reaction score
Vehicles
Occupation
Retired
Country flag
Yes I currently have the Michelins. When I'm ready for new tires, which maybe next year, I'll likely go with the Hankook.
I agree and let us know how they work out for you. They have been getting very good reviews.

Valkyrie

First Name
Robert
Threads
Reaction score
Vehicles
2022 Ford Mustang Mach-E GT Performance
Occupation
Future Prediction
Country flag
I tried to get Hankook ION AS tires, too expensive for ordering in Hawaii @ $520/tire not including installation. So I'm opting to get 245/45R20 Bridgestone Turanza EV tires. The Pirelli P-Zero tires only lasted between 15k and 20k miles based on tread wear. I'm hoping for a 5% increase in range at 90% battery life that's normally 230 miles, so a ~12 mile gain. Lets hope I can get at least 35k miles or a little over two years of driving on this new set. I'm sure the mileage varies (pun intended).

Mahalo MarkBoris for your insights on the available EV tires. A great resource list for new MMEv owners looking to replace their OEM tires.

markboris

First Name
Mark
Threads
Reaction score
Vehicles
Occupation
Retired
Country flag
I tried to get Hankook ION AS tires, too expensive for ordering in Hawaii @ $520/tire not including installation. So I'm opting to get 245/45R20 Bridgestone Turanza EV tires. The Pirelli P-Zero tires only lasted between 15k and 20k miles based on tread wear. I'm hoping for a 5% increase in range at 90% battery life that's normally 230 miles, so a ~12 mile gain. Lets hope I can get at least 35k miles or a little over two years of driving on this new set. I'm sure the mileage varies (pun intended).

Mahalo MarkBoris for your insights on the available EV tires. A great resource list for new MMEv owners looking to replace their OEM tires.
I know you were looking only at EV specific tires and I'm sure it's mainly for the range. I would agree with you after testing quite a few tires on the Mach-E that EV specific tires have a bit more range than non-EV specific. However, there are other really good tires you can get for your Mach-E that fit your GTPE wheels. You seem to be more interested in all-season tires and these are ones I would recommend that are non-EV specific. The Continental ExtremeContact DWS 06 Plus, Michelin Pilot Sport All Season 4, Michelin CrossClimate2, Pirelli P Zero All Season Plus, Pirelli Scorpion Zero All Season Plus and the quietest, smoothest riding tire of this bunch, the new Pirelli P7 AS Plus 3 which also has the highest tread wear rating of 740.

Valkyrie

First Name
Robert
Threads
Reaction score
Vehicles
Occupation
Future Prediction
Country flag
Ideally I'm looking for summer tires for Hawaii driving. Unfortunately for some reason most of the EV specific tires I've found are All Season (AS) variety rather than pure summer tires. The chance of driving in the snow with my MMEv is zero unless I take a ferry ride to the Big Island.

markboris

First Name
Mark
Threads
Reaction score
Vehicles
Occupation
Retired
Country flag
Ideally I'm looking for summer tires for Hawaii driving. Unfortunately for some reason most of the EV specific tires I've found are All Season (AS) variety rather than pure summer tires. The chance of driving in the snow with my MMEv is zero unless I take a ferry ride to the Big Island.
I'm assuming you mean the only EV specific tires you have available to you in Hawaii are all-season tires because the 5 EV performance summer tires I listed in my earlier post are available there but very expensive to have shipped? That is a bummer. One thing good about an all-season tire if that is the way you have to go is it will most likely last at least twice as long if not longer. Bridgestone is a good tire and I'm sure it will work well for you. Since you will be the first person I know of getting a set, looking forward to your review of how they handle, ride and how quiet they are. If comparing to the OEM Pirelli P Zero's you have on your GTPE, they will definitely be quieter.

kindofblue

First Name
Reid
Threads
Reaction score
Vehicles
Grabber Blue Mach e Premium 11/5/22, '23 BMW i4 40
Occupation
Psychologist & developer of digital tools for alcohol misuse
Country flag
We've got the Turanza tires on our BMW i4 edrive40 (OEM) and it's a really quiet ride. I don't recall the exact size but they are on 18" wheels and I've gotten 300 mi of range on a 500 mil round trip to SoCal in Feb (freeway speeds (70-72 on cruise control).

markboris

First Name
Mark
Threads
Reaction score
Vehicles
Occupation
Retired
Country flag
We've got the Turanza tires on our BMW i4 edrive40 (OEM) and it's a really quiet ride. I don't recall the exact size but they are on 18" wheels and I've gotten 300 mi of range on a 500 mil round trip to SoCal in Feb (freeway speeds (70-72 on cruise control).
They are 225/50/18 and are Turanza T005's specifically EV tuned for BMW. While they are not the Turanza EV model with "Enliten" tech, they are the closest thing to them.

kindofblue

First Name
Reid
Threads
Reaction score
Vehicles
Grabber Blue Mach e Premium 11/5/22, '23 BMW i4 40
Occupation
Psychologist & developer of digital tools for alcohol misuse
Country flag
They are 225/50/18 and are Turanza T005's specifically EV tuned for BMW. While they are not the Turanza EV model with "Enliten" tech, they are the closest thing to them.
Thanks Mark!

Valkyrie

First Name
Robert
Threads
Reaction score
Vehicles
Occupation
Future Prediction
Country flag
You know I double checked my tire order and it does not say AS (All Season) so I'm hoping they are summer tires. 245/45R-20 BRIDGESTONE TURANZA EV XL

Valkyrie

First Name
Robert
Threads
Reaction score
Vehicles
Occupation
Future Prediction
Country flag
Just got my 245/45R-20 BRIDGESTONE TURANZA EV XL installed today on my 2022 GT performance edition.

I’ll post my thoughts on the differences as time goes by. My initial impression is that I can feel the road texture better small imperfections. Not much difference in bounce, perhaps a bit less harsh of a jolt. Hard to tell any difference unfortunately.

Reset my driving history and I had been getting 230 mile range on 90% charge with 50% tread left on Pirelli PZero tires.

Valkyrie

First Name
Robert
Threads
Reaction score
Vehicles
Occupation
Future Prediction
Country flag
Update: Tires are harder than the Pirelli PZero's so they tend to slip a bit on a slow roll launch. Hope that translates to more road miles before the tread wears out. Quieter for sure. Still evaluating the handling and range.
Sponsored